Pages:
Author

Topic: Attention Theymos: This is a sMerit holdup! Hands in the air! - page 7. (Read 21790 times)

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827
Wow, I got an increase too. Also there are now 123 merit sources. I wonder who got the honors.
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
TP, did you get an increase?
Holy shit, yes I did!  Thank you, Theymos, I appreciate it.  I got your PM and suchmoon's, and I'm assuming there's been some more sMerits put into circulation, and that's great.

Now I'm going to keep an eye on LoyceV's thread and see if there are any newbies with good posts, but I'm going to do some hunting on my own tomorrow.  Good deal, made my day!
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
TP, did you get an increase?
legendary
Cashback 15%
For now if you can't reward them let other people know! I'd be more than willing to spend some sMerits to those that deserve them. I only dedicated certain hours to sending sMerit, and will miss quite a few deserving posts!
I've been doing that in some threads where I can't merit them, like here and here.  One of the posts is by o_e_l_e_o, who is definitely not under-merited, but the other post was from a member I'm not familiar with and thought that his post made sense and looked like he at least put some effort into it.

I'll go dutch with you on that.
Here is one sMerit. Spend it wisely. Theymos can consider giving you more.
OK, I appreciate that (especially from QS, who has never heard a good word spoken about him from me) but I'm not asking for personal merits in this thread--I just want more sMerits from Theymos.

I'm going to see if I can merit those posts I linked with what I just got.

Edit:  I only had 1 sMerit, so I gave it to the lower-ranked member (Coyster) and o_e_l_e_o got a merit for his post from TryNinja.
staff
Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110
For now if you can't reward them let other people know! I'd be more than willing to spend some sMerits to those that deserve them. I only dedicated certain hours to sending sMerit, and will miss quite a few deserving posts!
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737
"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."
Here is one sMerit. Spend it wisely.

I'll go dutch with you on that.
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
Here is one sMerit. Spend it wisely. Theymos can consider giving you more.
legendary
Cashback 15%
LOL, did you accidentally click "new thread" instead of "send PM"? Smiley

FWIW, I fully support this petition. I wouldn't mind if any merit source who exhausts their allocation and spreads their merits reasonably wide would get a bump. The number of merits sent per month has declined to 15k, while merit sources alone should be sending out 22k. So clearly some are slacking and the one's that aren't should be encouraged.
You know I thought about sending him a PM, but I didn't think that would be effective for some reason since I'm pretty sure he gets tons of them, and I know he reads threads in Meta. 

Plus I wouldn't mind reading some comments from other merit sources about how their monthly allocation is going.  I think Jet Cash said in a thread a few days ago that he had something like 100 sMerits or more, and I've never had anywhere near that amount.  As I said, I don't know who's slacking or what other sources are doing with their sMerits, but I'm chronically short.  I very much want to participate in LoyceV's new thread and sure I'll be able to do so in the future, but I just need more source sMerits.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
LOL, did you accidentally click "new thread" instead of "send PM"? Smiley

FWIW, I fully support this petition. I wouldn't mind if any merit source who exhausts their allocation and spreads their merits reasonably wide would get a bump. The number of merits sent per month has declined to 15k, while merit sources alone should be sending out 22k. So clearly some are slacking and the ones that aren't should be encouraged1.

1 up to a reasonable limit. You don't want your merit sources overworked and sleep-deprived.
Activity: 308
Merit: 277
You can report the good posts here as long as you run out of sMerit. I also think that those merit sources who are running out of sMerits, should get more sMerits per month. It will increase the equality in the merit system.
legendary
Cashback 15%
Hope that got your attention, Theymos. 

I respect that you made me a merit source even though I did not ask to be one.  I'm trying to give merits to the lower ranks (Newbie-Sr. Member), but I'm always falling short of sMerits.  Always.  And I've earned quite a few sMerits from my own posts, and those are all gone now too. 

I would absolutely love to give something like 5 merits to a great post, but as it stands I feel like I have to use my sMerits in an ungenerous, miserly, ass-squeaking, and niggardly way.  Can you please, please, please up the amount of sMerits I get?  If you take a look at my meriting history, you can see what I'm talking about.  I give them out in dribs and drabs and I'd like to be able to give them out more liberally. 

Got no idea how merit-givingly active I am in comparison to other merit sources, nor do I hear any other merit source complaining about their monthly source allotments, so I don't care if you increase any other merit source's monthly sMerit number.  I just want more so I can give out more.  I would respectfully ask you to consider my request, and I thank you in advance for doing so.
Pages:
Jump to: