Pages:
Author

Topic: Aug 1 summary - page 5. (Read 96430 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
August 30, 2017, 05:26:20 AM
Is there any post around this forum explaining how bitcoin keeps going up with that rate? I am really interested in the subject. Consider I have 0 experience with the market and cryptocurrency.
Activity: 35
August 29, 2017, 12:02:20 PM
Can somebody correct me if I have this right? Segwit Doesn't modify any bitcoin code. Segwit nodes/blocks accept the same blocks, but with added witness data at the end. The old legacy nodes and blocks accept them too, but it gets rid of the witness data at the end.
Activity: 19
August 29, 2017, 04:01:28 AM
Finally, It is over. Finally a [Suspicious link removed]ived and the network it will be better.

WHAT ABOUT NO? There are still months we are waiting for unstucked transactions, cheaper... Still need to pay 4-5$/ transaction to be confirmed fast.

Even worse, there are moments when I do wait 1 hour for a block. Thank you bitcointalk.
Activity: 526
Merit: 500
August 28, 2017, 07:51:16 PM
I just moved all my btc from my  blockchain.info wallet from 2013 elsewhere, but when I enter the 12 recovery words from blockchain.info into electron cash, as I did successfully with my electrum wallet before, it shows a blanance of 0 bcc.  What am I doing wrong?
are you sure the address displayed in electoncash is same as your bitcoin address from which you sent the bitcoins to another account?Did you wait till the electron cash synced?If you can then try exporting your private key from blockchain since it's the old account you should have an option to export the private key and then enter that in electron cash and you will see bcc.if there is no option to export private key then you're screwed.contact blockchain support in that case

Thanks, I tried restoring with the 12 keywords first, no dice..0 bcc balance. I also tried sweeping the private key, didn't work.. then I finally found my answer after some google searching, blockchain.info gives you a compressed private key, had to uncompress it first, then entered that key into electron cash and my bcc was there.  Took a while to figure this out.
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
August 28, 2017, 05:54:35 PM
I just moved all my btc from my  blockchain.info wallet from 2013 elsewhere, but when I enter the 12 recovery words from blockchain.info into electron cash, as I did successfully with my electrum wallet before, it shows a blanance of 0 bcc.  What am I doing wrong?
are you sure the address displayed in electoncash is same as your bitcoin address from which you sent the bitcoins to another account?Did you wait till the electron cash synced?If you can then try exporting your private key from blockchain since it's the old account you should have an option to export the private key and then enter that in electron cash and you will see bcc.if there is no option to export private key then you're screwed.contact blockchain support in that case
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
August 28, 2017, 01:18:41 PM
What are the next expectation? some insides? Grin
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123
August 28, 2017, 01:03:59 PM
Thank you for the uptade Smiley

Post 1 fail.   Grin
Activity: 160
August 28, 2017, 12:27:46 PM
thanks for your guidance...really appreciated.
Activity: 6
August 28, 2017, 08:09:38 AM
Thank you for the uptade Smiley
Activity: 43
August 27, 2017, 10:42:46 PM
The information is very useful, making it easier for players and investors
August 27, 2017, 08:08:28 PM
That is strange, that's weird. So you are seeing a balance or 0 bcc or 0 btc? Because you said you moved your btc to another wallet, and you see 0 bcc??

Electron cash is for BCC, so I am seeing 0 BCC balance as I said.
Activity: 308
August 27, 2017, 07:54:40 PM
That is strange, that's weird. So you are seeing a balance or 0 bcc or 0 btc? Because you said you moved your btc to another wallet, and you see 0 bcc??
August 27, 2017, 06:00:22 PM
I just moved all my btc from my  blockchain.info wallet from 2013 elsewhere, but when I enter the 12 recovery words from blockchain.info into electron cash, as I did successfully with my electrum wallet before, it shows a blanance of 0 bcc.  What am I doing wrong?
Activity: 5
August 27, 2017, 05:40:51 PM

How are you expecting for November
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123
August 27, 2017, 04:32:13 PM
Thanks to original poster for the clear summary. I was wondering, is there any BCH wallet by now that is considered completely safe?

Hard to say!

Some here have already successfully split their coins using BCash wallet such as one of the ones listed on bitcoincash.org or used a Web-based exchange/wallet supporting Bcash.

(Note Theymos' warning: some Bcash wallets are known to overwrite important files belonging to their Bitcoin counterparts.)

I'm in no hurry to put my BTC at risk.

I'm waiting for the technology to be tested & mature.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1003
August 27, 2017, 04:26:27 PM
Anyone know if I exchange my BTC that's in my wallet that hasn't been open since before the split, if I can still get my BCH? Thx  Smiley

Why would you exchange anything? If you had bitcoins prior the fork (in a wallet where you control the private keys) then you can import them to a BCH wallet and you will get the exact same amount you had in BTC.

tbearhere don't forget to transfer your btc to a new wallet before using the key number to redeem your bch's from a bch wallet
Thx.... I now know how to do this .. I hope.  Smiley
Activity: 13
August 27, 2017, 04:11:36 PM
Thanks to original poster for the clear summary. I was wondering, is there any BCH wallet by now that is considered completely safe?
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064
Bitcoin is antisemitic
August 26, 2017, 06:13:16 AM
unconfirmed transactions rapidly increasing

presently more than 94,000

https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions

the timing of the spam attacks is interesting, and we're going to get much more of it in order to push segwit2x.

Activity: 385
Merit: 251
Your Campaign Manager!
August 26, 2017, 02:05:59 AM
my another transaction happened and unconfirmed from 8-11-2017 , still i see the abandon transaction option grayed out..
can anyone please tell me after how many hours i can abandon the transaction ?
Activity: 1918
Merit: 535
August 25, 2017, 01:24:39 PM
Damn again i see this ...

Warning: Unknown block versions being mined! It's possible unknown rules are in effect

also my transaction stuck from 8 hours  Undecided  do i need to pay more free from now on ?  Cry

https://blockexplorer.com/address/19kG9nu34WRLm5aw138w5m7Hen793LpkbH

unconfirmed transactions rapidly increasing

presently more than 94,000

https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions
Pages:
Jump to: