Pages:
Author

Topic: Augur - a decentralized prediction market platform - page 19. (Read 114205 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 264
Aurox
[Updated 3/26/2016] We're proud to announce that Augur has officially entered beta testing! The beta test is open to everyone, and nothing is more valuable to us at this point than blunt, detailed user feedback, so please check it out at https://augur.net.

Augur is a decentralized prediction market platform built on Ethereum.  Please visit http://www.augur.org to learn more!

Im a newbie at ethereum and I will try to join your site. Hope this will help me earn more. Thnks for sharing this opportunity by the way.
Activity: 630
Merit: 253
The saga continues

Look at the 'improved' landingpage...
It looks like a free Wordpress template...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Augur/comments/4iaxy8/front_page_layout/

People saying it looks great WFT  Shocked !!!
It looks horrible and has no connection at all to next pages. Huh

Not even talking about the problems I addressed before: Color, saturation, typography, man where to stop it's a mess.

Joey, I think you are the only one with the ability to handle critique, the rest of the augur team is just so far from reality. Making up excuses for a lagging site, UI design from the '90's, "upgraded" to a Wordpress template, It is just mindblowing how much ignorence is in the team.

Remember Bittrex, first you went straight to the exchange, now they applied this weird ass landingpage were you can't even find the actual exchange...

Why can't you guys create a slick, crisp, trustworthy looking website, you got millions of dollars from the Ico!
Very, very, very, very, very  disappointing...

Augur

Wordpress

Augur is a big flop. They cant even get it working. There are 2 other predictions markets opening soon that have real developers that left the dying augur.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Just a headsup/fair warning.

Yo-bit just recently introduced 'REP' on their market.  It isn't rep, it isn't IOU, it is republiccoin. 

Just so you don't confuse it with being Augur Rep and think you're getting a massive deal.
When augur begin trading ?

They are targeting for later this year, but no firm date as of yet. You can monitor progress on reddit/augur.

They are having a lot of issues w Augur. The core team is not even w them.
Watch for something better very soon.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

They are targeting for later this year, but no firm date as of yet. You can monitor progress on reddit/augur.
Activity: 338
Merit: 250
Hi All,

I think I messed the memo: On May 24 REP dropped to near zero value on the bravenewcoin.com exchange. What happened? I searched but didn't find an explanation.

I tried to find other exchanges trading REP but no luck. Any details on the apparent price collapse would be appreciated. Thanks,

Low liquidity, but IOU, not real REP.

Could you explain what "Low liquidity, but IOU, not real REP" means? The REP I purchased at the Augur crowdsale is just an IOU? When will "real" REP become available? Do I need to take action to trade my "IOU REP" for "real REP"? Thanks,

Augur has not released the tokens yet. So nobody has them. They do have an account that is attached to the amount of augur/rep  they have. This account can be sold so when augur releases the reps, you will get them.

Gatecoin was selling augur/rep based off a couple peoples accounts that sold to gatecoin. Gatecoin then issued a proxy token for reps based off the total supply of these purchased accounts and started trading on their exchange.

You could buy and sell but could not remove the proxy tokens from your gatecoin account until augur releases the reps.
Then gatecoin was hacked.

Liquidity is simply the amount of available "cash out" there is.
A token/coin can have a value of $10 but if there are only $100 traded daily, the liquidity is low/ non existence.

Be careful when looking at the value of any cryoto. Look at the volume/liquidity.  Doesn't do you any good having a coin worth $100 if nobody is selling.

Hope this helps.
Activity: 266
Hi All,

I think I messed the memo: On May 24 REP dropped to near zero value on the bravenewcoin.com exchange. What happened? I searched but didn't find an explanation.

I tried to find other exchanges trading REP but no luck. Any details on the apparent price collapse would be appreciated. Thanks,
there trade not augur rep, just same name. bravenewcoin.com have wrong info. Only gatecoin traded IOU augur
Activity: 94
Merit: 11
Hi All,

Could you explain what "Low liquidity, but IOU, not real REP" means? The REP I purchased at the Augur crowdsale is just an IOU? When will "real" REP become available? Do I need to take action to trade my "IOU REP" for "real REP"? Thanks,
Hi All,

Bravenewcoin does not have rep/augur or you can say they dont have the IOU's of augur.

Where are people buying the ious? Gatehub is a joke and the process through joey krug is a not what I mean. Any exchanges?
Activity: 814
Merit: 531
Hi All,

Activity: 94
Merit: 11
Hi All,

legendary
Activity: 1092
Have you tried opening Augur on an Ipad? Try it...  Cry

It was gatehub Ive been trying to get into. Now that I finally am in, ot is not user friendly. Who uses gatehub?

Try to load on ipad.

https://app.augur.net/markets

It don't load ...

5 Million dollars and it don't load on a ipad  Cry
Have you tried opening Augur on an Ipad? Try it...  Cry

It was gatehub Ive been trying to get into. Now that I finally am in, ot is not user friendly. Who uses gatehub?
legendary
Have you tried opening Augur on an Ipad? Try it...  Cry
The biggest pia to get on. Your name, then your address, then your picture , then a photo of your dl or passport, then a copy of your tax return and the final step is that you need to send ripple to your wallet on dathub just to look around. Big pia. Change it ripple!
They only want 50 ripple which is cheap but I dont have time to go home, hit up my exchange, buy 50 ripple(dont even know if i can buy that small amount) then send it to my "new" ripple wallet.
If ripple would like to gain a customer base, i suggest getting a marketing professional to do your marketing...not a coder/dev.
Kc
Here is the address they gave me to send the 50 ripple to
legendary
Look at the 'improved' landingpage... It looks like a free Wordpress template...

I don't think so and if it does, why would it be necessarily a bad point ?

It looks horrible and has no connection at all to next pages. ???Not even talking about the problems I addressed before: Color, saturation, typography, man where to stop it's a mess.Joey, I think you are the only one with the ability to handle critique, the rest of the augur team is just so far from reality. Making up excuses for a lagging site, UI design from the '90's, "upgraded" to a Wordpress template, It is just mindblowing how much ignorence is in the team.Why can't you guys create a slick, crisp, trustworthy looking website, you got millions of dollars from the Ico!Very, very, very, very, very  disappointing...

How is your opinion on the layout relevant ?
If you work in webdesign/UI you must know that your opinion is irrelevant as long as people/client like it ...and it seems that people like it.

All opinions are relevant, even yours. You may not agree with it but that's something different. You should explain why you like it and think it is great. This way we can have a dialog. But it is clear to me that you know nothing about design.

If you would have taken the time to read the thread you will see there are in fact a lot of people that agree with me, even Joey Krug on Reddit.

And even IF everybody thinks it is the best thing since sliced bread, if I disagree, and have valid, factual arguments, I am going to ventilate this opinion since I am an investor and want to see this project to succeed.

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1125
Look at the 'improved' landingpage... It looks like a free Wordpress template...

I don't think so and if it does, why would it be necessarily a bad point ?

It looks horrible and has no connection at all to next pages. ???Not even talking about the problems I addressed before: Color, saturation, typography, man where to stop it's a mess.Joey, I think you are the only one with the ability to handle critique, the rest of the augur team is just so far from reality. Making up excuses for a lagging site, UI design from the '90's, "upgraded" to a Wordpress template, It is just mindblowing how much ignorence is in the team.Why can't you guys create a slick, crisp, trustworthy looking website, you got millions of dollars from the Ico!Very, very, very, very, very  disappointing...

How is your opinion on the layout relevant ?
If you work in webdesign/UI you must know that your opinion is irrelevant as long as people/client like it ...and it seems that people like it.
Activity: 266
i feel soon we will see new, beautiful and fast UI)
legendary
The saga continues

Look at the 'improved' landingpage...
It looks like a free Wordpress template...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Augur/comments/4iaxy8/front_page_layout/

People saying it looks great WFT  Shocked !!!
It looks horrible and has no connection at all to next pages. Huh

Not even talking about the problems I addressed before: Color, saturation, typography, man where to stop it's a mess.

Joey, I think you are the only one with the ability to handle critique, the rest of the augur team is just so far from reality. Making up excuses for a lagging site, UI design from the '90's, "upgraded" to a Wordpress template, It is just mindblowing how much ignorence is in the team.

Remember Bittrex, first you went straight to the exchange, now they applied this weird ass landingpage were you can't even find the actual exchange...

Why can't you guys create a slick, crisp, trustworthy looking website, you got millions of dollars from the Ico!
Very, very, very, very, very  disappointing...

Augur

Wordpress
Pages:
Jump to: