Pages:
Author

Topic: Augur - a decentralized prediction market platform - page 20. (Read 114205 times)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

Anyway, it will be great to trade the IOUs there without escrow. I am sure you can achieve a better price as selling a whole account.

Can someone explain me, in listing the steps to do to offer my account with the gatehub on eth

Hi, GateHub Fifth here. The orderbook is filling up slowly and first trades are starting to happen:

https://www.ripplecharts.com/#/markets/REP:rckzVpTnKpP4TJ1puQe827bV3X4oYtdTP/BTC:rvYAfWj5gh67oV6fW32ZzP3Aw4Eubs59B?interval=30m&range=3d&type=candlestick

To sell your account on GateHub:

• Create an account at http://wallet.gatehub.net/ and log in
  • Connect the GateHub Fifth REP gateway (you'll see large buttons to do this)
  • Request a REP account deposit - see below
  • Create a Ripple Wallet on GateHub (if you don't have one already)
  • Add trust for GateHub Fifth's REP (again a large visible button)
  • When your REP is credited to your wallet, transfer it to the Ripple Wallet
  • Click Trade and place sell orders. I suggest selling against Bitstamp's BTC for now.

This is from the About GateHub Fifth Help page:

How do I deposit REP that I want to sell?

All deposits involve manual handling and take up to 24 hours. Some deposits, especially Ethereum buy-in account deposits, may be processed faster (within one hour).

The deposit process differs depending on whether your account was a Bitcoin buy-in or Ether buy-in.

Depositing a Bitcoin buy-in REP account

To transfer your Bitcoin buy-in Augur REP sale account to GateHub, you will be guided to send an e-mail to the Augur team, requesting to transfer the REP account to GateHub Fifth. When the Augur team has transferred the ownershipa and GateHub Fifth has successfully claimed the account, you will be credited REP IOUs on the Ripple network.

Depositing an Ether buy-in REP account

To transfer your Ethereum buy-in account to GateHub, you’ll need to confirm the transfer of the account by sending an Ethereum transaction (with a minuscule amount of ETH) from the Ethereum address that you used to buy REP in the presale. This transaction constitues your signed request to the Augur team to transfer the REP to GateHub Fifth instead of to you when Augur launches.

-----

Sorry if this seems a bit complicated, but the GateHub team is working on making the process simpler. If there are further questions (I expect some especially if you're not familiar with Ripple) -- I'll answer them here, or you can contact us at [email protected]. Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042
#Free market
'Augur has quickly become one of the most anticipated projects in the blockchain space this year, but the man who created the theoretical basis for the decentralized prediction market thinks the platform will eventually crash and burn. Paul Sztorc, a researcher at Yale’s Department of Economics, is the author of the Truthcoin whitepaper, which originally outlined how a blockchain-powered prediction market could work. He has advised the Augur developers in the past, but he believes a willingness to drift away from the original Truthcoin vision will be the project’s downfall.'

https://www.coingecko.com/buzz/augur-conceptual-godfather-thinks-project-will-fail
Activity: 1014
Merit: 1055
Augur will launch on Gatehub in 2 days. This is last chance to buy cheap.
im confused why you sale if think what price go up in few days?

Here the full article :

- http://blog.gatehub.net/post/143954922602/gatehub-fifth-bringing-rep-trading-to-ripple
order book empty(

Escrow offers no benefit here since holding a Ripple gateway’s IOUs within the Ripple network already requires the holder to trust the gateway.

Anyway, it will be great to trade the IOUs there without escrow. I am sure you can achieve a better price as selling a whole account.

Can someone explain me, in listing the steps to do to offer my account with the gatehub on eth
Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Here the full article :

- http://blog.gatehub.net/post/143954922602/gatehub-fifth-bringing-rep-trading-to-ripple
order book empty(
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042
#Free market

Here the full article :

Activity: 288

He is trying to create small pump so he could sell his REP. The project is in its early phase, in my opinion it shouldnt be released yet as it looks bad. I am not saying that it will not be a game changer, the idea is great, but from what we have seen so far its not looking good. Early optimisem has fallen drasticly, just look at the volume and price. First thing that should be fixed is the websites, good designer would cost augur team appr 2000$ and the page would look fantastic. All together they would pay 10.000 - 15.000 $ to have it done professional. And we all know that for most people looks are more important than content.
When is Augur launch? I missed ICO.
in probability: end summer or autumn or ......  https://www.reddit.com/r/Augur/comments/48i4bq/beta_and_beyond/
what's the IPO price ?
for me 0.0028
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Activity: 397
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
Activity: 532
When is Augur launch? I missed ICO.
Activity: 574
When does the distribution takes place?Huh

Can't wait any longer now

I thought they are already tradeable somewhere?

There buy they ask to much personal info if u want to register.

https://gatecoin.com/platform/getStarted
legendary
Activity: 1191
Merit: 1001

Nope.
Activity: 437

Activity: 433
BTG CEO
Will the beta test end soon?
Activity: 282
Fear only from the fear itself
Is this the main thread??
Activity: 282
Fear only from the fear itself

Trade REP on Ripple https://www.reddit.com/r/reptrader/comments/4ed2ha/trade_rep_on_ripple/
GateHub Fifth scheduled a launch of the ripple REP gateway. With this project we will enable you to:
sell and buy arbitrary amounts (not just whole accounts),
trade accounts with ethereum buy-in,
lower trading fees than current escrow,
trade against any currency within Ripple like BTC, USD, EUR, ETH, etc.,
withdraw REP accounts,
efficiently track price and provide better liquidity via automated trading within Ripple
Any suggestions are welcome. Stay tuned for more news and launch announcement.
Activity: 573
Bitcore BTX
The team has seen this thread and the feedback is being considered, it's just much easier for us to funnel feedback via select channels so please give us time to evaluate the feedback as development takes time.

its decentralised. thats the future. keep calm and enjoy

A lagging site is the future? I don't think so!
Joey also states it should load under 2 sec.
But thanks for the effort!

Joey said the beta will start end of december and the main network will go live in Q1 2016.

Joey has no plan. I would wonder when the project will launch with him.

Your right, but a delay I can handle. But the amateurs on the design team that's a different story.
Makes you doubt the backend as well.

The team doesn't bother to react on BCT... very frustrating as an investor!

It is starting to look realy bad for Augur that's for sure.

If you want to change the world, you need some time though. Cant believe what you are expecting making this huge thing working by periods of hours. Look at google ipo chart. What time has passed till what it hits now. Same thing on apple. Either you have the nuts and the time or you are totally wrong in here investing your money.

Comparing Google and Apple with Augur? I think not...

@Augur: Develop a great prediction platform, take all the time you need, but don't show a public beta in this state!
(you guys don't have to bother reacting)

I mean not to compare both companys with Augur, I mean comparing the purview of everyones change of live by dealing with predictions on (personal and money influencing) future events. Thats for sure something totally different. So again, big things like a never have been there decentralised wisdom of the crowd platform on a never have been there decentralised highy complex blockchain platform just may take its time. But I'm with you saying I would not have called it a beta too, instead they should have called it a alpha version.

Rome was not built on a single day. Same as Augur.
Pages:
Jump to: