Pages:
Author

Topic: Augur - a decentralized prediction market platform - page 26. (Read 114205 times)

legendary
Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000
Angel investor.
It seems REP already can be traded on https://gatecoin.com/.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017
I'm sorry but I just dont get this?

Its like a job or something or you lose?

after start augur, if i sold my rep will i still make money from fees?

No.  If you don't own REP and report as required, you wont receive any stipend.

If it is a simple case of, the more REP you have the more % of fees you will get, this will certainly help to hold the price and raise the price of REP.

Unlike Ethereum, which does not have anything holding the price, but Augur, the more rep you have the more you cna earn, this is a perfect way to keep a "coins" value long term, me likey!

Yes, if you fail to report, you will lose some REP, but if you do report, you will increase your REP by collecting a portion of those REP's from those who didn't report.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Will you accept CryptoNote coins like Monero and Boolberry?

I think it is important for a decentralized prediction market to offer anonymous payments
Activity: 534
Merit: 250
The Protocol for the Audience Economy
Augur at the bitcoin conference in Kiev, Ukraine Smiley - Enjoy

https://twitter.com/ev0k3d/status/654009484394819585
legendary
Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002
I'm sorry but I just dont get this?

Its like a job or something or you lose?

If it is a simple case of, the more REP you have the more % of fees you will get, this will certainly help to hold the price and raise the price of REP.

Unlike Ethereum, which does not have anything holding the price, but Augur, the more rep you have the more you cna earn, this is a perfect way to keep a "coins" value long term, me likey!
Activity: 770
Merit: 511
Im the One who Knocks.

legendary

legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001
When and where can I sell my REPs right now.  Are there people here who are willing to buy my REP for double what I paid?

You cant officially as it hasnt been released yet so unless you can find somoene to buy your whole account from sale.augur.net and then change the password. Can be done using an escrow.
You could try sell it in https://www.reddit.com/r/reptrader/ or even in the Augur Subreddit

Yes.  That's what I was thinking.  I'm just wondering if that would be profitable or if it would be a mistake?  I'm really excited about Augur's future, but is owning REP going to be profitable or should I try to double my investment prematurely like Gatecoin?

Gatecoin REP is the only way you can purchase the real REP(will be real in future) now and may be your best bet to get in as on launch price may well be much higher!! its a gamble!  If Augur is a big success, and its certainly looking like it will be, owning REP may bring in a decent amount of yearly income off trade fees, and then you can always sell it for prob more than you paid for it! Win win!
legendary
When and where can I sell my REPs right now.  Are there people here who are willing to buy my REP for double what I paid?

You cant officially as it hasnt been released yet so unless you can find somoene to buy your whole account from sale.augur.net and then change the password. Can be done using an escrow.
You could try sell it in https://www.reddit.com/r/reptrader/ or even in the Augur Subreddit

Yes.  That's what I was thinking.  I'm just wondering if that would be profitable or if it would be a mistake?  I'm really excited about Augur's future, but is owning REP going to be profitable or should I try to double my investment prematurely like Gatecoin?
legendary
When and where can I sell my REPs right now.  Are there people here who are willing to buy my REP for double what I paid?

legendary
Rather brilliant move really, and a useful service.

But what does it meant to buy REP "through" Gatecoin?  I thought Rep was bought through the Augur site.

The REP bought at gatecoin is an asset linked to Augur REP. So when the real REP is released you will be able to exchange it for REP

So Gatecoin bought a bunch of REP and then re-sold it in the form of asset tokens?  If so, under which asset platform, or are the tokens centralized?

think they just issued the asset themselves and are holding the accounts with the REP that backs it.

It's a centralized asset?

REP itself isnt but this gatecoin asset is
legendary
Activity: 1372

But what does it meant to buy REP "through" Gatecoin?  I thought Rep was bought through the Augur site.

The REP bought at gatecoin is an asset linked to Augur REP. So when the real REP is released you will be able to exchange it for REP

So Gatecoin bought a bunch of REP and then re-sold it in the form of asset tokens?  If so, under which asset platform, or are the tokens centralized?

think they just issued the asset themselves and are holding the accounts with the REP that backs it.

It's a centralized asset?
legendary
When and where can I sell my REPs right now.  Are there people here who are willing to buy my REP for double what I paid?
legendary

legendary

legendary

legendary

legendary
you would not be able to sell you REP at gatecoin as REP hasnt been released yet. Gatecoin has pooled the REP of some of their biggest clients and used it to back an asset that will be exchanged for REP on release. Yes its double the price and yes they seem to want to know everything about you!! for upto date info on Augur visit https://www.reddit.com/r/Augur/
So only those who invested through Gatecoin can trade their tokens? Am I getiing it right? If I'm then Gatecoin made a very dirty turn.

anyone can buy REP on gatecoin and then swap it for real REP.  unless youve bought this REP asset you cant sell yr REP their only buy and then sell it if u want, i guess the originall holders can .
I dont think its a dirty move at the moment its the only option for people to buy REP.
Activity: 770
Merit: 511
Im the One who Knocks.
Thanks Zebedee, bookmarked the reddit page.

To reply to last comment also, yes, this is the case, i dont consider it sneaky or dirty move, i see it as being very clever, i think with gatecoin getting in early on the act, they can help to keep prices higher than original investment price, which is a good thing.

What i am far more concerned about, is the release of REP.  Look at all the trouble and hassle people had with getting ETH onto exchanges. 
I hope REP will be much more fair and everyone can start trading within 24hrs of everyone else and not require many hours of confirmations, now what ETH done was dirty.

I hope REP will be easy to obtain, but i doubt it will be.
Activity: 910
Decentralized Jihad
you would not be able to sell you REP at gatecoin as REP hasnt been released yet. Gatecoin has pooled the REP of some of their biggest clients and used it to back an asset that will be exchanged for REP on release. Yes its double the price and yes they seem to want to know everything about you!! for upto date info on Augur visit https://www.reddit.com/r/Augur/
So only those who invested through Gatecoin can trade their tokens? Am I getiing it right? If I'm then Gatecoin made a very dirty turn.
Pages:
Jump to: