Pages:
Author

Topic: Augur - a decentralized prediction market platform - page 29. (Read 114308 times)

legendary
Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002
@DEV, you guys got 2.4 million dollars so far with a shit IPO website, there is NO 2 factor authentication, no captcha, if my username and password are stolen, my money will lose. It sucks, this is unacceptable! Please enhance the IPO website security!!!

Tend to agree with you actually - overall its not very professional at all.
Activity: 269
Merit: 250
@DEV, you guys got 2.4 million dollars so far with a shit IPO website, there is NO 2 factor authentication, no captcha, if my username and password are stolen, my money will lose. It sucks, this is unacceptable! Please enhance the IPO website security!!!
legendary
Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002
The details in this crowdsale are very thin - say comparing to Ethereum.

A key question would be - what timeframe do you envisage the REP being distributed - 2 months? This year? Next Year or longer?

Is the use Augur and distribution of REP tied to stages of Ethereum?

Thanks
Activity: 476
The project is interested, in on the first day bought a little of shares
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
Well this token sale has taken off to the races.... 2,000 BTC in 10 hours...sheesh.
Activity: 371
Merit: 252
I really want to see this project take off.  However, I spent a good afternoon trying to get the software to work on Linux or Windows, in the end i gave up.

I'm interested in this project as well and still struggling with getting a valid Ethereum address. But it appears you can create an address at their site when you login. I just may do that.
Activity: 765
Merit: 503
I really want to see this project take off.  However, I spent a good afternoon trying to get the software to work on Linux or Windows, in the end i gave up.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Wanted to just give everyone here an update of what's going on with Augur.

On Monday, August 17th we are starting our Reputation Token crowdsale at 12PM EST. We meticulously went over the options for token distribution methods and although a crowdsale was not exactly our favorite choice, it was the one necessary as the tokens need to have value in order for our decentralized oracle system to work. We wrote a a blog post going into a bit more detail about why we are using a crowdsale, I would encourage everyone to check it out http://www.augur.net/blog/why-a-crowdsale-is-necessary-for-augur-to-work-some-updates.

For those who want to participate in the crowdsale, the official website is http://sale.augur.net and it is currently up. Additionally, for instructions on how to participate and other important information, we have put all of the directions and important information up here http://www.augur.net/blog/the-augur-crowdsale.

In the crowdsale page above, we detail our prospective timeline for further Augur development, I would encourage everyone to check that out as well. Wanted to include image that highlights the important details for the crowdsale with everyone. Feel free to share this image and any information about what we are doing as it's greatly appreciated.

Activity: 476
You can buy it on the exchange?
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Decentralized Jihad
Sweet!

What other prediction markets have existed in BTC? I know a few have.
Haven't yet. But there is Truthcoin in development too.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
This is much like binary options, but even better.
I like the ideia! But I honestly don't understand how a lot of people can make a more accurate forecast than experts...

legendary
Activity: 1498
Sweet!

What other prediction markets have existed in BTC? I know a few have.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
Activity: 37
How is the project progressing?
Decentralized Jihad
@augurproject
The demo looks incredible! Can you tell me in brief how decision logistics work?

Sure, so basically:

1) Someone creates a market on an event and adds some initial liquidity to that market to kick it off
2) People buy and sell both outcomes, so for a question like "Will Hillary Clinton win the 2016 US Presidential election?" you can buy yes or no shares
3) You can sell your shares at any time
4) Or, if you think you chose correctly, you can hold onto them until after the event occurs
5) If you're right you'll end up getting $1/share that you bought - payouts are determined based off our oracle system explained here: http://www.augur.net/blog/what-is-reputation
So the outcome is determined by voting (REP). First I thought it was a weak point in the app but there is a nice anti-cheating system built-in.
Activity: 8
@augurproject
The demo looks incredible! Can you tell me in brief how decision logistics work?

Sure, so basically:

1) Someone creates a market on an event and adds some initial liquidity to that market to kick it off
2) People buy and sell both outcomes, so for a question like "Will Hillary Clinton win the 2016 US Presidential election?" you can buy yes or no shares
3) You can sell your shares at any time
4) Or, if you think you chose correctly, you can hold onto them until after the event occurs
5) If you're right you'll end up getting $1/share that you bought - payouts are determined based off our oracle system explained here: http://www.augur.net/blog/what-is-reputation
Decentralized Jihad
@augurproject
The demo looks incredible! Can you tell me in brief how decision logics work?
Activity: 12
We are projecting the crowdsale to begin two weeks after the Ethereum Frontier release as of now, stay tuned to Augur.net and follow our Twitter feed www.twitter.com/augurproject for up date information on this.

The token will be used for people to report on event outcomes within the system. Essentially REP is the first decentralized oracle solution ever implemented. It allows holders to report on the outcome of events in Augur’s prediction markets, and rewards them for both honesty and regular reporting, with half of all trading fees on the platform.

In the coming weeks we will be releasing a short video and blog post that goes into more detail so keep an eye out on Augur.net.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
What is the token called for augurs crowdsale, reputation? What can you do with these token and how many will there be out there?
Pages:
Jump to: