Pages:
Author

Topic: Avalon 6 Vs Antminer S7, which one you will choose? - page 7. (Read 38802 times)

Activity: 334
Merit: 250
My only issues with Zoomhash are that their warrentees tend to be crazy-short, and they tend to be pricey....

seems like you loose factory warranty?
Could be a downfall if this is so. ...

Warranty is from the manufacturer at 90 days.
Activity: 334
ZoomHash has them for $1449.99 shipping next week.
Andddd I am thinking about it! That's what I was looking for an easy single purchase not a MOQ or a group buy pain.

Isn't Zoomhash currently at the center of a lot of legal and business drama?

At their checkout, you can use a credit card or Paypal. I guess this would be enough protection. Huh

I have never had an issue ordering from them.
They seem like a pain on shipping, hopefully since it is coming from US they won't gouge on it but I am not going to hold my breath.

It is coming from the USA.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
I am a bitmain fan so i have to go with the S7. However the avalon looks very nice. I think I will buy just one for testing purposes.

It's not good to depend on 1 party.

it is good to have 2 or more s-7's

along with 2 or more Avalon 6's

that is assuming you can provide 4400 watts and cooling.

The pdu in my garage can do 30 amps derate to 24 for safety .

24 x 240 volts = 5760 watts.

I can do 3 s-7s and 2 avalon 6's   pull 5600 watts.

May be too hot.
Activity: 308
I am a bitmain fan so i have to go with the S7. However the avalon looks very nice. I think I will buy just one for testing purposes.

It's not good to depend on 1 party.
legendary
Activity: 1174
Merit: 1001
Nice eric@haobtc!  Ya'll just keep expanding!  Will like to see once you have all of these A6 up, and running.

Still running as many S3's, or upgrading to more efficient hardware?
Activity: 471
Merit: 500
We just got our Avalon 6.

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
Does anyone know if these guys are ok? http://asicminer-shop.de/Avalon-6-35-TH-s_1 All looks and sounds legit, but you never know?

Rich

You can ask from the owner

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/yxt-23810
Activity: 588
I am liking the look of the Avalon 6. I guess this is old news, but looks to be 2 hash boards, each having an 18 chip, 2 chips / node string, so 36 chips / board, 72 chips total.

For some reason websites seem to be saying 80 chips, also several report the GH/s at 3.5TH wheras I think it is 3.65GH/s?

Does anyone know if these guys are ok? http://asicminer-shop.de/Avalon-6-35-TH-s_1 All looks and sounds legit, but you never know?

Not bothered about noise but if someone can confirm to what degree these can be undervolted / underclocked I might just go for one?  Smiley

Rich

Activity: 254
Merit: 1258
With an 18-chip string, Avalon estimates about 0.26W/GH chip-level and BM1385 0.22W/GH chip-level at 0.67V
BM1385 estimates 0.18W/GH at 0.6V, which translates to 10.8V in; that's about a 20% reduction. If we can see about 30% reduction at 560mV that's around 0.15-0.16W/GH at 560mV (10V in); if the Avalon curve has a similar shape but shifted to slightly higher power (0.26/0.22) at 560mV you'd see around 0.18W/GH chip-level.

Assuming you can still run half the stock frequency (around 51GH per ASIC) at that voltage, you'd see about 25GH and around 4.5W per ASIC, for 1.8TH and under 350W machine-level with 10V rails. I'd be surprised to see under 700W for 3TH off that machine but I could be wrong.
Wow that would be insane to run 3th/s around 700w, crazy to see how fast this field has really grown and developed.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
My only issues with Zoomhash are that their warrentees tend to be crazy-short, and they tend to be pricey....

Actually Avalon is a lot nicer then bitmain on their warranty.  Bitmain a sale through 3rd party kills warranty.

Here is from blockc -

4. Warranty Registration and Transferability:

A. If still within the Warranty Period, Avalon Manufacturer’s Warranty will transfer to the buyer, upon equipment resale provided that the buyer contacts Avalon or BlockC.co to register as the new equipment owner.
B. In order to receive Manufacturer’s Warranty coverage, you must notify Reseller with your contact information, the equipment you are operating, and a description of your operating environment.

So just make sure to contact when buying a machine is how I read it.  I imagine you would need order number (proves it's still in warranty) and other info from original buyer, but most I think would be ok giving it i they are selling you a unit.
Activity: 871
Merit: 505
Founder of Incakoin

Activity: 534
So...Is ZH the best place to buy a single avalon 6?
About under voltage, the marking of "11.8-12.2V" means this miner will have a 3.65T (+- 10%) of the performance, we test it under this voltage. You can run it under a 11V PSU, and will get a better efficiency performance but slower speed. The hardware and software is fully support this case. but I think the lowest voltage is ~10V.

ng

That is excellent that it can be underclocked & undervolted. Do you have a table of Clock Frequency, Supply Voltage, TH/s & J/GH ?

Rich

So here is the real problem.

I only have a very limited test machines in hand, will try to answer this in the near future.

But every machines are different. will have more and more performance difference when the voltage going down...

ng

With so few test machines should we really expect NOV 10th to be when the first batch is out?

Mr. Lee in his thread claimed he was getting 3PH shipped out pretty soon.  So makes me wonder on that as-well if limited on test machines:

As a matter of fact, i have ordered 3P hashrate from avalon, they told me they will ship them to me on 31th Oct. but i think it is hard for them to keep the word, as their chip still on the way to factory until yesterday.
however, it is not easy to sell avalon miner to your guys because they use one raspberrypi to control 60 unit miner=60*3.5=210T. so i prefer to sell those avalon as cloud mining hashrate.
You'd think they would have batches ready to go and be doing burn ins by now especially for the 3ph worth of machines.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
Just got a note from ZoomHash that my 6's have shipped!!
alh
legendary
Activity: 1846
Merit: 1052
As to sound, I've heard "Somewhere between an S3 and an S5 for loudness". Take that for what it's worth.
About under voltage, the marking of "11.8-12.2V" means this miner will have a 3.65T (+- 10%) of the performance, we test it under this voltage. You can run it under a 11V PSU, and will get a better efficiency performance but slower speed. The hardware and software is fully support this case. but I think the lowest voltage is ~10V.

ng

That is excellent that it can be underclocked & undervolted. Do you have a table of Clock Frequency, Supply Voltage, TH/s & J/GH ?

Rich

So here is the real problem.

I only have a very limited test machines in hand, will try to answer this in the near future.

But every machines are different. will have more and more performance difference when the voltage going down...

ng

With so few test machines should we really expect NOV 10th to be when the first batch is out?
Activity: 630
I bit the big one and bought 2 of the Avalon 6's.  Really hoping they ship this week as promised.
Would you happen to be willing to measure the sound on them and let us know how loud they are?

Would also really appreciate an update as soon as you get them in regards to the sound output, is there any information out there regarding the dB these output?
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
I bit the big one and bought 2 of the Avalon 6's.  Really hoping they ship this week as promised.
legendary
Activity: 1174
Merit: 1001
I had a commitment from ZH to buy a large amount of hardware from them and arrange shipping myself (since I'm in Canada).  After making arrangements with a freight company, they backed out of the agreed upon price, 3 times at 3 different increasing prices...  Left a bad taste in my mouth, especially after the person I called on the phone to bring it up with essentially laughed at me saying oh well, we still sold them.
Yeah I think I will take another route or just wait with this miner, they don't seem to be the company I want to send funds to and hope it works out.
I've ordered a used S3+ from them that had a bad board within a month, and they shipped me a new one free of charge. So far it looks like the easiest option to purchase 1 miner, other than a group buy.  I'm still holding on to my 4.1's though until it is proven what the noise level is on the 6.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
I had a commitment from ZH to buy a large amount of hardware from them and arrange shipping myself (since I'm in Canada).  After making arrangements with a freight company, they backed out of the agreed upon price, 3 times at 3 different increasing prices...  Left a bad taste in my mouth, especially after the person I called on the phone to bring it up with essentially laughed at me saying oh well, we still sold them.
Pages:
Jump to: