Pages:
Author

Topic: Avalon 6 Vs Antminer S7, which one you will choose? - page 10. (Read 38717 times)

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
I don't think any of these companies price their products properly. Why? Cause people used to buy them for 10k+ no questions asked. Now? Everyone is buying out or trying to milk it.

Avalon6 is overpriced. Won't doubt it if the S7 lite price makes people think twice, too.

People accept the 4month ROI. It's easy to price everything accordingly.

Their target market are people with established and profitable rigs looking to upgrade in bulk not people trying to buy one for fun or hobbyist who view this as a lottery attempt. You're better off taking your cash to the actual lottery unless you're shelling out at least 5k.

Although i agree with your statement on the prices.  Those that bought the miners with btc suffer with the rise in prise.. those that bought with usd are laughing all the way to the bank.(that is the nature and risk of mining) Hell i bought 30 s1 when btc was 650 only to watch it drop all way down to 300 making the s1 not profitable.. had i not mined solo and found 7 blocks they would prolly never roi considering i bought them with cash.  With regards to the lottery, if you live in my state your gonna be surprised when its time to go cash in that ticket. Roll Eyes  http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-lottery-lawsuit-met-20150909-story.html  this was the cap at 25k article  and since our lovely govt cant ever get there shit together they have now a month later moved that down to 600$ (yet they continue to sell tickets like nothing is wrong!)  http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/politics/ct-lottery-delayed-payouts-met-20151014-story.html   what i find alarming is they are now expecting the small business to fork over the winnings for the smaller tickets and then those businesses will then have to fight illinois for the back payments.. Could put some small stores in a bind. Not like they give a shit.. but anyway thought id share this:)

Best Regards
d57heinz

Lol yuuuup. Its crazy.

And then people try to sell used equipment for more than original retail. Probably because they bought in bitcoin and can't keep up. Smh...

If the S7 lite is priced at 1k? Sign me up for 5-10 of those babies. That will kill the Avalon and I'm damn certain antminer will still make bank off us. Make it a black Friday sale if they wanna charge 1500 for it cause it's just a little better and people will buy it.

If not? Maybe a Avalon group buy. Negotiate that 900-1k price in a bulk order.

Yeah i do not really understand the pricing scheme. But if you look at Ebay, apparently people are still buying crap, like S1 or USB or old 3J/GH stuff at 0.30$/GH. I'm not sure if its because there's so many desperate/unknowledgeable gamblers that buy all they can find or what...

But other than that, i don't see why people would be buying the Avalon6 at 1300$, the S7 has better efficiency and cheaper $/GH.

And indeed if the S7 lite is indeed a 2 bladed S7, then unless Bitmain crank up the price like crazy, it will leave the Avalon6 in the dust.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
I don't think any of these companies price their products properly. Why? Cause people used to buy them for 10k+ no questions asked. Now? Everyone is buying out or trying to milk it.

Avalon6 is overpriced. Won't doubt it if the S7 lite price makes people think twice, too.

Their target market are people with established and profitable rigs looking to upgrade in bulk not people trying to buy one for fun or hobbyist who view this as a lottery attempt. You're better off taking your cash to the actual lottery unless you're shelling out at least 5k.

Although i agree with your statement on the prices.  Those that bought the miners with btc suffer with the rise in prise.. those that bought with usd are laughing all the way to the bank.(that is the nature and risk of mining) Hell i bought 30 s1 when btc was 650 only to watch it drop all way down to 300 making the s1 not profitable.. had i not mined solo and found 7 blocks they would prolly never roi considering i bought them with cash.  With regards to the lottery, if you live in my state your gonna be surprised when its time to go cash in that ticket. Roll Eyes  http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-lottery-lawsuit-met-20150909-story.html  this was the cap at 25k article  and since our lovely govt cant ever get there shit together they have now a month later moved that down to 600$ (yet they continue to sell tickets like nothing is wrong!)  http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/politics/ct-lottery-delayed-payouts-met-20151014-story.html   what i find alarming is they are now expecting the small business to fork over the winnings for the smaller tickets and then those businesses will then have to fight illinois for the back payments.. Could put some small stores in a bind. Not like they give a shit.. but anyway thought id share this:)

Best Regards
d57heinz

Lol yuuuup. Its crazy.

And then people try to sell used equipment for more than original retail. Probably because they bought in bitcoin and can't keep up. Smh...

If the S7 lite is priced at 1k? Sign me up for 5-10 of those babies. That will kill the Avalon and I'm damn certain antminer will still make bank off us. Make it a black Friday sale if they wanna charge 1500 for it cause it's just a little better and people will buy it.

If not? Maybe a Avalon group buy. Negotiate that 900-1k price in a bulk order.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
About the electricity i think the cheapest price should be in China.
They mostly generate the electricity from hydroelectric power (from water).
And most of mining hardware are produced there, so it would be cheaper to operate there and buying lots of Antminer S7.

Unfortunately I think I lose hope about electricity, hydroelectric power in china well they are amazing that is one point about them, I think in one of our provinces we have electric wind turbine and can generate cheap electricity well I think that the best place to mine here.

China is not only place but it's very popular right now. Part of it is the machines for most part are made there.  So buy a truckload of miners.  I think one of the largest ones is actually not in China but Mongolia if I remember right.

There are a few in  US.  But it's not that common for the super cheap electricity.  Most of US have more normal 10ish or so depends some have under some have higher. I mean block C the new US distributor of avalon picked San Fransisco.

I think where this could really matter is having.  But we really are not sure what having will look like.

legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

Although i agree with your statement on the prices.  Those that bought the miners with btc suffer with the rise in prise.. those that bought with usd are laughing all the way to the bank.(that is the nature and risk of mining) Hell i bought 30 s1 when btc was 650 only to watch it drop all way down to 300 making the s1 not profitable.. had i not mined solo and found 7 blocks they would prolly never roi considering i bought them with cash.  With regards to the lottery, if you live in my state your gonna be surprised when its time to go cash in that ticket. Roll Eyes  http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-lottery-lawsuit-met-20150909-story.html  this was the cap at 25k article  and since our lovely govt cant ever get there shit together they have now a month later moved that down to 600$ (yet they continue to sell tickets like nothing is wrong!)  http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/politics/ct-lottery-delayed-payouts-met-20151014-story.html   what i find alarming is they are now expecting the small business to fork over the winnings for the smaller tickets and then those businesses will then have to fight illinois for the back payments.. Could put some small stores in a bind. Not like they give a shit.. but anyway thought id share this:)

Best Regards
d57heinz
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
And most of mining hardware are produced there, so it would be cheaper to operate there and buying lots of Antminer S7.

Unfortunately I think I lose hope about electricity, hydroelectric power in china well they are amazing that is one point about them, I think in one of our provinces we have electric wind turbine and can generate cheap electricity well I think that the best place to mine here.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500

When i said i don't mine it means in the present time.
It doesn't mean that i didn't mined in the past, i am here to read and if something is interesting then i would immediately invest.
Mining is profitable if the electricity cost is cheap or free, you have a good budget and have a mining farm.
Both of these 2 types of miners are good, but people should be patient before investing and should wait for the reviews.

Oh, that is why Grin yup and reading here keeps my interest in mining up, thanks for the advice sir I'll keep that in mind unfortunately electricity is expensive here I am searching a place where electricity is free and maybe in the province will do.

legendary

It doesn't mean that i didn't mined in the past, i am here to read and if something is interesting then i would immediately invest.
Mining is profitable if the electricity cost is cheap or free, you have a good budget and have a mining farm.
Both of these 2 types of miners are good, but people should be patient before investing and should wait for the reviews.

Oh, that is why Grin yup and reading here keeps my interest in mining up, thanks for the advice sir I'll keep that in mind unfortunately electricity is expensive here I am searching a place where electricity is free and maybe in the province will do.
Activity: 254
Merit: 1258
BlockC.co , I have never heard of them, I find it weird they have them before Itop shop and are using the beta pictures.

That and Canaan Creative doesn't have them on their site anywhere or mentions of the Avalon 6, I would definitely hold off on making a purchase. This could just be a nice site to take some cash (plus the price seems a bit wrong doesn't it?)

They say they are US seller. I really want Avalon (Canaan Creative) to verify before I would order there.     

I don't think holding off will be a problem at the moment I think they wanted purchase of 10 which means most likely a group buy.  Hopefully it's lowered from 10 once they carry stock.
I checked the whois and it looks like it was registered the 8th of August, kind've odd avalon would do this with such a new company but whatever, the page on the avalon gives a bit more details, they won't have their first batch until November 10th, "We expect our first batch of Avalon6 miners to arrive at our California datacenter by November 10, 2015." This is the same date that is rumored for the S7 lite to release as well, if this price is correct, I think I avalon might have a bit of trouble with them if Antminer S7 lite releases at 1000$ usd on the same day.

One of the most interesting things is "Note: Minimum order quantity is currently 10.".  On E-Hash I do not remember 4.1's having a minimum quantity.   I liked not having a min quantity.   

I do think S7 lite if it comes out will go head to head with Avalon 6.  And eventually there should be a few more home miners.  But having more then one company selling gear honestly will help us home/hobby miners. 

In Mr.Lees thread I think he mentioned twords end of month being shipped on his 3PH he talked about... so we could see a big jump if to many sales like this with Avalon.

Ok all. To clarify everything, I contacted Xianfu to get some updates on the Avalon6 and also to talk about buying chip for Sidehack project. Xiangfu refer me to Sean the CEO of BlockC. SO this is totally legal. BlockC is the official reseller. If you want to check, check on the blog of BlockC, there is some pictures of Sean and Avalon Team together in San Fransisco.

MOQ is 10 because company dont want to manage multiple customer. Doing this will make there lives easier and our more complicated.  Tongue

Im in direct contact with Sean and Xiangfu if you have any question .  Wink
Do you happen to know if they are mining on them as they get them? "Batch one will reach their data center on nov 10th" makes it sound like they are mining on them asap and shipping them out when they get their orders.
Personally i will not buy any of these 2, because i don't do mining.
About which one to choose i think for now the Antminer S7.
If you are looking to purchase the Avalon 6 then i think to wait and see the reviews what people think about it.

If you are not mining then why are you here? maybe your still interested about mining, hehe I am not mining too (for now!) just reading thoughts of other miners and planing what to use best, but avalon 6 specs are great still waiting for other comply about it. Grin

legendary
If you are looking to purchase the Avalon 6 then i think to wait and see the reviews what people think about it.

If you are not mining then why are you here? maybe your still interested about mining, hehe I am not mining too (for now!) just reading thoughts of other miners and planing what to use best, but avalon 6 specs are great still waiting for other comply about it. Grin
legendary

Your forgetting price of BTC during some of the purchases.  Like when I purchased my dragon at the time I felt i spent a ton on it.... but BTC was worth a good amount so it seemed fair.  But miners were not cheap during start of asics.

It was 3 month ROI on most GPU rigs... and that ended and time is now much much longer to ROI.

Also power has changed it's moving more twords what I call hobby mining.  It's getting more and more where you need a area for miners.  With them getting bigger, louder, and more powerful it's hard to slap one in a room anymore.

Things are changing.  I think hobby miners will do fine for foreseeable future, home miners wanting to put in a room they use going down in numbers.

I would love to see how many people run under 500GH/s today and their actual return compared to the environmental impact.... errr... cost of electricity. As well as the effect on the network hash rate and difficulty. Plus with credit card companies and banks investing? People are banking for a spike they already missed lol

But I'm not an analyst.  I'm just watching and waiting.

I think it all comes down to the amount of profit for the maker.  Bigger machine = bigger profit (in most cases).    I personally don't mind loud and powerful since I have a mining area.

Home miners the ones with limited room and limited electricity will be the one's who are hurting for new gear I think.   I don't see many of these being able to be used as a quiet heater in a room.  Just to loud so it's really for a different market.
BlockC.co , I have never heard of them, I find it weird they have them before Itop shop and are using the beta pictures.

That and Canaan Creative doesn't have them on their site anywhere or mentions of the Avalon 6, I would definitely hold off on making a purchase. This could just be a nice site to take some cash (plus the price seems a bit wrong doesn't it?)

They say they are US seller. I really want Avalon (Canaan Creative) to verify before I would order there.     

I don't think holding off will be a problem at the moment I think they wanted purchase of 10 which means most likely a group buy.  Hopefully it's lowered from 10 once they carry stock.
I checked the whois and it looks like it was registered the 8th of August, kind've odd avalon would do this with such a new company but whatever, the page on the avalon gives a bit more details, they won't have their first batch until November 10th, "We expect our first batch of Avalon6 miners to arrive at our California datacenter by November 10, 2015." This is the same date that is rumored for the S7 lite to release as well, if this price is correct, I think I avalon might have a bit of trouble with them if Antminer S7 lite releases at 1000$ usd on the same day.
legendary
What 4 month RoI?

Nothing currently on the market will RoI at ALL unless (1) you have very cheap electric, OR (2) Bitcoin price keeps going up as fast or almost as fast as difficulty.

Given the economic woes in China, I'm actually starting to think (2) might happen for a while.....

Then you are saying 4 months isn't enough to ROI in mining? then maybe 6 months or 7 might? or what do you suggest? now that bitcoin is still going up, now many is buying bitcoin right now what can you say how many months you will gonna ROI now? Huh
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

People accept the 4month ROI

What 4 month RoI?

Nothing currently on the market will RoI at ALL unless (1) you have very cheap electric, OR (2) Bitcoin price keeps going up as fast or almost as fast as difficulty.

Given the economic woes in China, I'm actually starting to think (2) might happen for a while.....

Your forgetting price of BTC during some of the purchases.  Like when I purchased my dragon at the time I felt i spent a ton on it.... but BTC was worth a good amount so it seemed fair.  But miners were not cheap during start of asics.

It was 3 month ROI on most GPU rigs... and that ended and time is now much much longer to ROI.

Also power has changed it's moving more twords what I call hobby mining.  It's getting more and more where you need a area for miners.  With them getting bigger, louder, and more powerful it's hard to slap one in a room anymore.

Things are changing.  I think hobby miners will do fine for foreseeable future, home miners wanting to put in a room they use going down in numbers.

I would love to see how many people run under 500GH/s today and their actual return compared to the environmental impact.... errr... cost of electricity. As well as the effect on the network hash rate and difficulty. Plus with credit card companies and banks investing? People are banking for a spike they already missed lol

But I'm not an analyst.  I'm just watching and waiting.
legendary

legendary
If they were in Washington I'd visit them daily and they'd grow to love me.   Cheesy
Too bad we can't see another $400-$500 miner with the latest tech, I have a hard time
shelling out $1000+ for anything.

If I was building I'd shoot for 2TH topend and about $400 price tag for a pair of S1-refit boards. That's a good price range for consumer miners.

I think upgrade's are something at this point we wont see much of.  Unless someone like sidehack releases us some great boards.

Bitmain seems to not be to interested in upgrades at this point.  A LOT held onto S2's waiting and waiting on upgrades that never came.   I do like the 400 dollar price that would be very nice.
Pages:
Jump to: