Author

Topic: Avalon ASIC users thread - page 127. (Read 438516 times)

Activity: 69
Merit: 10
July 09, 2013, 03:14:03 PM
I tried to run --avalon-auto.

It worked ok in most regards except when it settled @ 337 i was getting a massive amount of dupes from btcguild.

I am now using --avalon-fan 100 (yes very noisy) and manually doing the overclock, i have gotten past 337 with no heat problems and no dupes.

Can i run --avalon-auto and --avalon-fan 100 at the same time?

Is there a user manual page for the --options that we can run, i only found --avalon-fan by stumbling on someone else's post.

I am running 0703 firmware from ckolivas (thank you Sir).

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
July 09, 2013, 01:38:18 PM
I looked up the code (in relation to my HW error comments before)
HW is the count of bad nonces generated plus NMW
NMW is when work comes back but it doesn't match any work sent to it (thus cannot be used)

Anyway to minimize NMW?
My NMW hovers right around .52% of all matching work...

Or is NMW ALSO the result of chip errors?
Chip errors, even worse than regular HW errors.
Activity: 69
July 09, 2013, 01:34:31 PM
or if you have othr devices on the network that depend on that subnet ... then dont change the subnet of the router. Rather set a PC temporarily to an ip within the same subnet, then go to config page on avalon and change it to correct subnet...

When i change the IP for the avalon from 192.168.0.100 to 192.168.1.xxx, do i also need to change the gateway?

Right now the router is 192.168.1.1 and the ipv4 gateway (in avalon conf) is 192.168.0.1

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
July 09, 2013, 12:36:18 PM
Finally got my Avalon today!

I'm running it with dynamic speed adjustment and I have it on a desk and a box right in front of my window AC unit which is feeding into the inlet. I have the AC set on high, cool, and 69 degrees. Seems right now frequency is stabilized at about 349MHz so far, and I'm getting about 87GH/s although sometimes it's as high as 90 or as low as 83. Probably needs more time to find out what the real average is.

I have a better AC unit coming tomorrow. It's a standalone unit and I'm going to have it piped right into the avalon intake. It's 12000 BTU so it might be a bit of an overkill. Hopefully I can run it on low. Will I be able to get above 90GH/s or so without getting a new power supply?

Anyways, my question is why does it show as a much lower (78GH/s or so) hash rate on the 50BTC.com website. Should I be using a different pool perhaps (I signed up for ozcoin but haven't tried it yet)? I believe 50BTC.com supports the stratum protocol and it says "true" under the stratum entries on the cgminer table, except for the last one "StratumURL".

Which is the hardware error field, btw? And what should that be kept below? Ugh, sorry for all the questions. I'm reading up as many threads as I can about the Avalon now, but it's hard to find all this information in one place (yes, I've read the wiki).

which AC unit did you order?  sounds like a good idea.
legendary
Activity: 2450
July 09, 2013, 10:53:33 AM
just found my first confirmed block ever =) 43mil diff share....freakin badass! woot!
From my single avy...lol

solo mining?

i have tried setting up solo with no luck Sad even had help view team viewer from someone who has solo setup and for some reason it just would not work on my computer Sad

psh I wish I was solo mining...looks like by my calc, solo mining @ current diff should find a block every 2 weeks or so =P
legendary
July 09, 2013, 10:50:09 AM
NMW is when work comes back but it doesn't match any work sent to it (thus cannot be used)

Anyway to minimize NMW?
My NMW hovers right around .52% of all matching work...

Or is NMW ALSO the result of chip errors?
legendary
July 09, 2013, 10:48:23 AM
or if you have othr devices on the network that depend on that subnet ... then dont change the subnet of the router. Rather set a PC temporarily to an ip within the same subnet, then go to config page on avalon and change it to correct subnet...
Activity: 486
Merit: 500
July 09, 2013, 10:41:56 AM
finally restored the settings!
 Now another problem. Avalon will connect with the network cable. I have a five-port router. When connecting directly to the computer, everything is OK, but when a through router, I can not go on 192.168.0.100. In router menu I see strange IP address, but not same as Avalon have. How I can configure Avalon with router?

disable DNS and setup static ip address, your router might be setup where the range starts at 192.168.0.101
disable dns in main router or avalon?
how I setup static ip in main router? damn, I so noob in network configuration

it`s main page of my router

your router ip address is setup 192.168.1.1 and your avalon ip range is 192.168.0.100 change your router ip range to 192.168.0.1 and plug the avalon that should work

follow the guide

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Avalon#User_Guide
Activity: 952
Merit: 502
SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!
July 09, 2013, 10:00:57 AM
 Now another problem. Avalon will connect with the network cable. I have a five-port router. When connecting directly to the computer, everything is OK, but when a through router, I can not go on 192.168.0.100. In router menu I see strange IP address, but not same as Avalon have. How I can configure Avalon with router?

disable DNS and setup static ip address, your router might be setup where the range starts at 192.168.0.101
disable dns in main router or avalon?
how I setup static ip in main router? damn, I so noob in network configuration

it`s main page of my router
Activity: 486
July 09, 2013, 09:39:58 AM

Activity: 952
Merit: 502
SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!
July 09, 2013, 08:07:09 AM
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
July 09, 2013, 06:55:09 AM
Activity: 388
Merit: 250
July 09, 2013, 04:12:38 AM
So if I have inside  750W? there is no reason to change? a model is  unknown ... something in Chinese written on it.
 is stable at 300MHz, 325 goes to idle mode and orange light blinking. the temperature is not more than 48 degrees. it is the power supply or something else? I connected directly to PC because my TP-link internal router not working
Move out PSU from case.
I run my avalon with external PSU at 336 with 750 stock PSU (Enermax ENM750EWT-S RG) and it never restarts.
Tested @354 but noise level unacceptable, 750w PSU easily handle moderately overclocked units.
if problem still occurs than check you "cgminer api log"
It must be something like that (my unit @336 2 days w/o restart):
   [no_matching_work] => 0
   [match_work_count1] => 20069
   [match_work_count2] => 20320
   [match_work_count3] => 20197
   [match_work_count4] => 19944
   [match_work_count5] => 20103
   [match_work_count6] => 19962
   [match_work_count7] => 19976
   [match_work_count8] => 20163
   [match_work_count9] => 20064
   [match_work_count10] => 19961
   [match_work_count11] => 20056
   [match_work_count12] => 20235
   [match_work_count13] => 20173
   [match_work_count14] => 20481
   [match_work_count15] => 20215
   [match_work_count16] => 20042
   [match_work_count17] => 20044
   [match_work_count18] => 19992
   [match_work_count19] => 20040
   [match_work_count20] => 20398
   [match_work_count21] => 19627
   [match_work_count22] => 19978
   [match_work_count23] => 20354
   [match_work_count24] => 20186
All counters have almost same values. (~5% diffs) if not you have defective modules or some module overheated (usually second module w/o temp sensor ).

And you can try to reset your router, may be it's not dead.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2672023
when my unit stops working I see the same thing
and all the submitted work goes to hw error
I suspect a broken controller bord
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom
July 09, 2013, 03:09:07 AM
just found my first confirmed block ever =) 43mil diff share....freakin badass! woot!
From my single avy...lol

solo mining?

i have tried setting up solo with no luck Sad even had help view team viewer from someone who has solo setup and for some reason it just would not work on my computer Sad
Activity: 188
Merit: 100
July 09, 2013, 02:55:19 AM

I'm running it with dynamic speed adjustment and I have it on a desk and a box right in front of my window AC unit which is feeding into the inlet. I have the AC set on high, cool, and 69 degrees. Seems right now frequency is stabilized at about 349MHz so far, and I'm getting about 87GH/s although sometimes it's as high as 90 or as low as 83. Probably needs more time to find out what the real average is.

I have a better AC unit coming tomorrow. It's a standalone unit and I'm going to have it piped right into the avalon intake. It's 12000 BTU so it might be a bit of an overkill. Hopefully I can run it on low. Will I be able to get above 90GH/s or so without getting a new power supply?

Anyways, my question is why does it show as a much lower (78GH/s or so) hash rate on the 50BTC.com website. Should I be using a different pool perhaps (I signed up for ozcoin but haven't tried it yet)? I believe 50BTC.com supports the stratum protocol and it says "true" under the stratum entries on the cgminer table, except for the last one "StratumURL".

Which is the hardware error field, btw? And what should that be kept below? Ugh, sorry for all the questions. I'm reading up as many threads as I can about the Avalon now, but it's hard to find all this information in one place (yes, I've read the wiki).

My hashrate on 50btc.com is incorrect also. It's a temporary problem and it happens every so often. You will be paid for what you submit.
legendary
July 09, 2013, 02:31:20 AM
From my single avy...lol
Activity: 298
Merit: 250
July 09, 2013, 02:16:55 AM
did ya figure it out? if not, the ip you changed it to, was it in the same subnet still?
Yes, I hope so. Few hours passed and I still can ping it, and it works. The new IP was in the same subnet.
legendary
July 09, 2013, 02:15:43 AM

The higher you set vardiff at the pool, the more variance the pool will show in hashrate. If you mine there consistently, try setting the pool poll window of ur worker to the last 1hr or so.. should provide a more accurate sample.
HW errors is the amount of diff1 work that ended up being invalid due to chip heat / clocks / instability / comm errors(I think) ... etc....   .. so yes hardware errors.
HW error field, ideally(or at least according to way --avalon-auto) should be 2% or less of total diff1shares
Activity: 83
July 09, 2013, 02:03:02 AM
when are we going to be able to order 4th modules for batch 2 units?

aftermarket, like from bitmine.ch

but weren't we supposed to be able to order them from avalon?
would have been nice to order them during Batch 3...
Activity: 546
July 09, 2013, 02:01:57 AM

Jump to: