Author

Topic: Avalon ASIC users thread - page 146. (Read 438516 times)

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
June 30, 2013, 09:57:56 AM
i ran this:

Code:
home@server:~/git/bitcoin$ bitcoind -reindex

cursor dropped down one line and is just blinking by itself.  does that mean its reindexing?  how can i tell?

Probably.  Is your disk activity light blinking?  Does top or ps show bitcoind using a lot of CPU?  If yes, then it's doing its thing.

For me the process takes hours on a fast system with an SSD.

yeah, i got a blue light on front of pc flashing and top says bitcoind @ 60-70%
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
June 30, 2013, 09:45:52 AM
i ran this:

Code:

cursor dropped down one line and is just blinking by itself.  does that mean its reindexing?  how can i tell?

Probably.  Is your disk activity light blinking?  Does top or ps show bitcoind using a lot of CPU?  If yes, then it's doing its thing.

For me the process takes hours on a fast system with an SSD.
legendary
June 30, 2013, 09:40:36 AM
i ran this:

Code:

Activity: 254
Merit: 100
June 30, 2013, 09:15:42 AM
try "sudo bitcoind"
legendary
June 30, 2013, 09:15:03 AM
can someone tell me how to delete the blockchain in ubuntu and start a re-download?

unless you can tell me how to get out of this error:

Code:
: Error opening block database.
Do you want to rebuild the block database now?

Run bitcoind in non-daemon mode, and answer "yes" when asked if you want to rebuild the block database.

(The rebuild will take a long time.)
legendary
June 30, 2013, 09:01:23 AM
can someone tell me how to delete the blockchain in ubuntu and start a re-download?

unless you can tell me how to get out of this error:

Code:
: Error opening block database.
Do you want to rebuild the block database now?
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
June 30, 2013, 08:56:12 AM
Now i done with toolchain, trying to build mips binary with my changes - seems that its overwriting my changes by downloading cgminer sources from git and repackaging it in cgminer-*.tar.bz2, then unpacking it and building. Damn.

EDIT:

At last! Cheated build script by repacking sources with my changed files to cgminer-3.3.1-.tar.bz2

Code:
root@avalon:/tmp# ./cgminer-mips --help
--avalon-auto       Adjust avalon overclock frequency dynamically for best hashrate
--avalon-invert-pwm Enable avalon use with inverted PWM fans.
--avalon-cutoff Set avalon overheat cut off temperature (default: 60)
--avalon-options Set avalon options baud:miners:asic:timeout:freq
--avalon-temp Set avalon target temperature (default: 50)

Now going to test it.

ADD:

Test FAILED. Sad Something strange happened, new cgminer started, but no accepted shares received and no temp/fan info. F*ck.
It's WORKING as intended!!! Now with options --avalon-invert-pwm --avalon-temp 0 fans going to full rpm, not stopping. Going test is a bit more with different temp targets now. Previous problem was probably caused by multiple cgminer instances running.

ADD:

Still something strange is going on, when i set target temp to 50 and real temp is going over it - fans is stopping!
Need to check calculation regarding xor(0xA0, fan).
YEP, wrong.
20 ^ A0 = 80
40 ^ A0 = E0 <- stops here
80 ^ A0 = 20
Need recalculate. XOR is not suitable, must be correct and more universal piece of code with mix/max/invert options.

ADD:

Added options to allow set fixed PWM value from arguments, and it looks like following from measures

Code:
0x00 = 4320 RPM
0x20 = 3840 RPM
0x40 = 3120 .. 3000 RPM
0x80 = 1440 .. 1320 RPM
0x84 = 1200 .. 1080 RPM
0x88 = 960 .. 840 RPM
0x8A = 720 .. 600 RPM
0x8C = STOP , 0 RPM
legendary
June 30, 2013, 08:15:14 AM
Trying to set a build envirement via build-avalon-image.sh --clone to make cgminer binary and image with it. Really, it takes a long time to build a toolchain.

It sure does take a long time.  I built an image using that script back when it used cgminer 2.11.

It ended up using 6 gigs of disk for all the things, and took many hours to complete on a 6 core system with fast fiber internets.

Once you do it once, though, subsequent builds should go a lot faster.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
June 30, 2013, 05:50:25 AM
Trying to set a build envirement via build-avalon-image.sh --clone to make cgminer binary and image with it. Really, it takes a long time to build a toolchain.. Got some errors in process due to $LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable .. now need to run again >_<. Changed git path in script to clone latest cgminer 3.3.1 also.

ckolivas, can you also upload to git changes that you made in luci / cgminer-webui , please?
currently it's taken from here
git clone git://github.com/BitSyncom/luci.git && (cd luci && git checkout -b cgminer-webui origin/cgminer-webui) )

I know what i must change to be able to run inverted pwm fan, but it's not so easy in first time to make binary for avalon with option enabled xor(0xA0,fan) in avalon_init_task() ... Im intending to buld a functional image identical to 20130627 for now from sources, then i will try to make changes.

EDIT:

So basically, i edited the sources and compiled it successfully!
Only problem that toolchain is in process of building right now, so i have only binary for x86 now.

What i edited :

in cgminer.c
Code:
           OPT_WITHOUT_ARG("--avalon-invert-pwm",
                                    opt_set_bool, &opt_avalon_invert_pwm,
                                    "Enable avalon use with inverted PWM fans."),

in driver-avalon.h
Code:
extern bool opt_avalon_invert_pwm;

in driver-avalon.c
Code:
bool opt_avalon_invert_pwm;
        if (opt_avalon_invert_pwm) {
            at->fan_pwm_data = 0xA0 ^ at->fan_pwm_data;
        }

That's all. Now only testing is needed.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
June 30, 2013, 05:13:09 AM

just to be clear; that firmware your link pointed me to doesn't require any unpackaging or unzipping, right?  just download it and then upload to avalon?
Yes, just flash the .bin
http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/avalon/20130627/openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-wr703n-v1-squashfs-factory.bin
file as is. Sometimes you may need to power it down for a minute before powering it on again after a major change if it doesn't start hashing immediately after flashing and restarting automatically.
legendary
June 30, 2013, 04:54:14 AM

nice.  glad to see you're in charge.  i had good luck with cgminer and my gpu's.

if i get these mofo's working, i'll be tipping.  thanks.
Not entirely in charge. There are vast areas of fpga and avalon router that I don't touch. I've only really fiddled with the user interface enough to work with the newer cgminer features. The rest is still xiangfu's domain, but I understand he's busy looking after a baby so is probably too busy to worry about such trivialities  Wink

just to be clear; that firmware your link pointed me to doesn't require any unpackaging or unzipping, right?  just download it and then upload to avalon?
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
June 30, 2013, 04:41:11 AM

nice.  glad to see you're in charge.  i had good luck with cgminer and my gpu's.

Not entirely in charge. There are vast areas of fpga and avalon router that I don't touch. I've only really fiddled with the user interface enough to work with the newer cgminer features. The rest is still xiangfu's domain, but I understand he's busy looking after a baby so is probably too busy to worry about such trivialities  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1036
Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom
June 30, 2013, 04:26:31 AM
Got one b1 overclocked with blue fan running fastest i ever seen....very few modifications needed Smiley

legendary
June 30, 2013, 03:53:19 AM

-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
legendary
June 30, 2013, 03:40:18 AM
Buy the way do you get usb disconnects? How often do you need to restart your unit. My batch 2 is coming shortly and i will have some clue what is going on with USB there. I have removed ftdi driver, tried direct usb connection to various hosts including PC and USB just disconnects from time to times. If i wait long enough it reconnects and all is fine. I did it just once otherwise reboot not to waste time

Can you comment?

I do not get usb disconnects any more with my latest code and with wifi disabled.

what's your latest firmware link?
http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/avalon/20130627/

and this totally replaces xiangfu's official avalon firmware?
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
June 30, 2013, 03:35:30 AM
Buy the way do you get usb disconnects? How often do you need to restart your unit. My batch 2 is coming shortly and i will have some clue what is going on with USB there. I have removed ftdi driver, tried direct usb connection to various hosts including PC and USB just disconnects from time to times. If i wait long enough it reconnects and all is fine. I did it just once otherwise reboot not to waste time

Can you comment?

I do not get usb disconnects any more with my latest code and with wifi disabled.

http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/avalon/20130627/
legendary
June 30, 2013, 03:30:33 AM

Can you comment?

-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
June 30, 2013, 03:29:14 AM

Can you comment?

legendary
Activity: 1610
June 30, 2013, 02:17:44 AM
I don;t understand. What is ambinet?
ambient
Thank you Con 
My grammar sucks no spell checker around. Buy the way do you get usb disconnects? How often do you need to restart your unit. My batch 2 is coming shortly and i will have some clue what is going on with USB there. I have removed ftdi driver, tried direct usb connection to various hosts including PC and USB just disconnects from time to times. If i wait long enough it reconnects and all is fine. I did it just once otherwise reboot not to waste time

Can you comment?

Jump to: