Pages:
Author

Topic: Avalon ASIC users thread - page 60. (Read 438516 times)

legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1003
NodeMasters
October 27, 2013, 06:46:41 PM
Is the fact that the task is invoked logged anywhere? I'm thinking it would be handy to know which task and how often its happening. Not necessary but would be interesting. I guess just watching how long its been running will tell me that its been run.

Thanks for the explanations. I'm going to add it to mine now too.

Whats the temperature where your miners are? I'm wondering if its caused by them getting to warm or ?
Hi ok you can see if it's been called in your system logs
As for temps

34 46 50

Mine are in a small garage
3 side by side
I also have a knc 275ghz miner
2 * bfl sc 60

Not sure on the temp in there as I have fans pulling in the cold air at the bottom of the doors and a big fan pushing the hot air out at the top
Activity: 446
Merit: 250
October 27, 2013, 06:42:38 PM
Is the fact that the task is invoked logged anywhere? I'm thinking it would be handy to know which task and how often its happening. Not necessary but would be interesting. I guess just watching how long its been running will tell me that its been run.

Thanks for the explanations. I'm going to add it to mine now too.

Whats the temperature where your miners are? I'm wondering if its caused by them getting to warm or ?
legendary
NodeMasters
October 27, 2013, 06:19:26 PM

pjcltd,

I woke up to mine in that non hashing mode again.

Hows the task working for you? What does the ...\.. mean?

Thanks.

OK
what we need to add is this
*/5 *  *   *   *     cgminer-api devs | grep "MHS 5s] => ....\.." && /sbin/reboot

ok the ....\.. bit means that we are looking for a hashing speed less than 10000 mhz and if it  finds it
it will reboot the miner and this will clear the cache issue.

i have also added

*/5 *  *   *   *      cat /proc/loadavg | grep "2.\."  && /sbin/reboot
this will check the CPU load every 5 mins and if it finds that the cpu load is high then it will reboot the miner

I have 4 miners with this setup and they have all been working all day (i'm in the UK)
i would have normally had to reboot them twice today.

I'm not saying that this has fixed the issue but its a dam good start at a workaround.

Let me know how you get on with this.
(don't forget this only adds 2 checks in your scheduled tasks and nothing else
if you find this has not worked for you let me know.

I'm trying to understand how ...\.. = 10000 mhz  I tried a google search and nothing. Smiley

What do you mean by this? (don't forget this only adds 2 checks in your scheduled tasks and nothing else

Thanks,

jddebug (linux newbie)

[/quote]

ok when you use 'grep' to find something in a file you can use wildcards
i am using ....\.. to look for any number thats less than 10000 that has a decimal point
i.e.
9959.01 = match (reboot the miner)
10110.11  = no match (do nothing)

hope that makes a bit more sense

'What do you mean by this? (don't forget this only adds 2 checks in your scheduled tasks and nothing else'
ok i am just telling everyone that we are adding 2 check's into the system.
some times people will get you to add things to your miner that could cause you issues.

October 27, 2013, 06:11:55 PM

pjcltd,

Thanks.

OK
*/5 *  *   *   *     cgminer-api devs | grep "MHS 5s] => ....\.." && /sbin/reboot

ok the ....\.. bit means that we are looking for a hashing speed less than 10000 mhz and if it  finds it

i have also added

this will check the CPU load every 5 mins and if it finds that the cpu load is high then it will reboot the miner

I have 4 miners with this setup and they have all been working all day (i'm in the UK)

I'm not saying that this has fixed the issue but its a dam good start at a workaround.

[/quote]

I'm trying to understand how ...\.. = 10000 mhz  I tried a google search and nothing. Smiley

What do you mean by this? (don't forget this only adds 2 checks in your scheduled tasks and nothing else

Thanks,

jddebug (linux newbie)

legendary
NodeMasters
October 27, 2013, 05:59:27 PM

pjcltd,

Thanks.
[/quote]

OK

i have also added

Activity: 476
October 27, 2013, 05:45:47 PM
I'm sorry to post this a second time but what settings do I change to be able to remotely view the Avalons cgminer stats?

Edit: Never mind I see the answer several pages back.
Hi
witch page is it on ?

It does accept port 80, so create a rule on your firewall to port forward some external port to your Avalon on port 80. ie. incoming port -> TCP 37000 to 192.168.1.99 ->TCP 80, this way from the outside you will have to http://externalIP:37000/ to see the webpage on the Avalon.

Thanks that was the first thing I tried xxxx->80 and it didn't work but will give it another go.
October 27, 2013, 05:39:09 PM
Hi i have 4 Avalon Mini's
and they are all having the same problem

The is this when i start up the unit

Load Average   0.12, 0.14, 0.14

but after the miner has been on for 5 - 6 hours the load average goes high
to

Load Average   24.10, 23.4, 22.10

then the miner has gin rate will drop to 3.05 GH/s
i then have to power off the miner witch is a pain if i am at work
any advice ?

thanks in advance
Paul

Paul,

A number of mine do that from time to time too. I found it stopped when I put them in a cooler environment. A few degrees was all it took for all but one of mine.

What I'm now dealing with is the mini will start doing duplicates instead of new work for some reason. My hashrate is the same at the pool but its sending thousands of duplicates.

Hi thanks for the reply
There is so much info on this thread  Cheesy
i have just added this to one of my miners

*/5 *  *   *   *     cgminer-api devs | grep "MHS 5s] => 0.00" && /sbin/reboot
in Scheduled Tasks

so lets see if that helps

also  have upgraded the firmware to 20130923 (yes i did do a backup firstWink

What does that task do exactly?

i found it here
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3362789

ok slight change to this
if you set it to list
once the miner gets below 10000 Ghz the server will reboot

i am testing this on 2 miners that have had this problem

i will let you know how i get on.

pjcltd,

Thanks.
October 27, 2013, 05:12:32 PM
Just to clarify, In Network settings for ethernet I will be manually setting IPv4 to 192.168.1.2 and then using the terminal to ssh 192.168.1.1.
(Just tried this and ssh connection timed out)

EDIT: And yes, was using your most recent FW, booted first time (with non-saved settings), then could not connect once reset. Was I missing something?

If you have set the IPv4 address of your avalon to 192.168.1.2 you also have to ssh to the same address or use your webbrowser (the address of the avalon thus 192.168.1.2).

Cheers

Thanks, but I am still getting 'connection refused' when trying to ssh.  With and without hitting the reset button. Hrmmm.

Your powering on and holding the reset switch for about 5 to 10 seconds until the blue light is flashing rapidly?
legendary
NodeMasters
October 27, 2013, 04:09:28 PM
I'm sorry to post this a second time but what settings do I change to be able to remotely view the Avalons cgminer stats?

Hi
witch page is it on ?
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
October 27, 2013, 02:55:54 PM
Just to clarify, In Network settings for ethernet I will be manually setting IPv4 to 192.168.1.2 and then using the terminal to ssh 192.168.1.1.

EDIT: And yes, was using your most recent FW, booted first time (with non-saved settings), then could not connect once reset. Was I missing something?

If you have set the IPv4 address of your avalon to 192.168.1.2 you also have to ssh to the same address or use your webbrowser (the address of the avalon thus 192.168.1.2).

Cheers

Thanks, but I am still getting 'connection refused' when trying to ssh.  With and without hitting the reset button. Hrmmm.
Activity: 476
October 27, 2013, 01:19:03 PM

donator
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1010
Parental Advisory Explicit Content
October 27, 2013, 10:46:14 AM

Cheers
October 27, 2013, 09:54:38 AM

Activity: 133
Merit: 100
October 27, 2013, 09:42:58 AM
failsafe worked, i stick with the old one enough action for today Smiley
Sorry, no idea why it didn't work on yours.

no problem, im used to failsafe mode.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
October 27, 2013, 09:33:19 AM
failsafe worked, i stick with the old one enough action for today Smiley
Sorry, no idea why it didn't work on yours.
October 27, 2013, 09:31:36 AM
updated the firmware, with keep settings now the avalon is not responsive Sad

so be carefull

Same issue at the moment, cannot connect via 192...
Any suggestions?
Did you use that latest firmware I posted?

Resetting involves powering it off and on and waiting till the blue light (at the back inside next to the network connector) starts flashing, then pushing in the tiny reset button next to the connector which will make it flash much faster. After that it's ready to connect to at 192.168.1.1. Set your laptop to 192.168.1.2 and plug the ethernet cable into it.

Then do the following:
ssh 192.168.1.1 -l root
mount_root
mtd -r erase rootfs_data

After it reboots it should be back in failsafe settings and you can log in via ethernet again on 192.168.0.100 and flash it with a good firmware.

failsafe worked, i stick with the old one enogh action for today Smiley
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
October 27, 2013, 09:28:06 AM

so be carefull

Any suggestions?
Did you use that latest firmware I posted?

Resetting involves powering it off and on and waiting till the blue light (at the back inside next to the network connector) starts flashing, then pushing in the tiny reset button next to the connector which will make it flash much faster. After that it's ready to connect to at 192.168.1.1. Set your laptop to 192.168.1.2 and plug the ethernet cable into it.

Then do the following:
ssh 192.168.1.1 -l root
mount_root
mtd -r erase rootfs_data

After it reboots it should be back in failsafe settings and you can log in via ethernet again on 192.168.0.100 and flash it with a good firmware.
October 27, 2013, 09:19:17 AM

so be carefull

Any suggestions?
October 27, 2013, 08:50:41 AM
that was the 1st i tried, but 192.168.1.100 also not responding (of cause i changed my subnet).

Than i tried to get a ip via dhcp, also didnt work out... somebody remember how to boot in failsave ?
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
October 27, 2013, 08:43:40 AM
I had to go back and change all settings like an initial set up (using 192.168.1.100 etc), but I thought that was just me. So presumably you'll have to do the same!
Pages:
Jump to: