Pages:
Author

Topic: Avalon ASIC users thread - page 64. (Read 438516 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
October 22, 2013, 09:42:20 PM
it will be worth it if its stable. Nothing more frustrating then going away for a long stretch to come back to an idle/off machine.
Activity: 172
Merit: 100
October 22, 2013, 06:12:05 PM
Using a 1200w PSU I am successfully running at 350mhs

What is the max that someone has seen running at 1200w? 375mhs? Had the PSU already so it just made sense.

This is a 4 module system purchased recently.

Your only getting 350MH/s or are running at 350Mhz?

I get 107GH/s at 335Mhz using 860w PSUs. I just don't see any reason to install a 1200w to go higher unless your not paying for power! Smiley

Sorry you are correct, using 350mhz. I am gettting ~110ghs...I am using the 1200w because I already had it and ya I don't pay for power it is a set fee in my rent.

I'd love to see this thing hit 115-120gh/s

Also, just to note, I've noticed overclocking to 375mhz actually seems to reduce my overall hash rate. I've read this is a possibility but I was wondering why.

I really love this piece of hardware, its very interesting, educational and fun to mess with. Also, I should get a good amount of my money back overtime since I paid with USD for it.

Someone here told me it really wasn't worth the effort or cost to OC the Avalon 4 module past 107GH/s as you get so little reward for doing it. So I have never brothered. But if you really want 120GH/s buy two Avalon Mini's! Smiley

Ok. I really don't love it when I ask a question some tells me it's not worth it since it would be impossible for you to know what is worth what in my world. I don't pay for electricity, I have a 1200w psu already just sitting around. So you are telling me that getting an extra 10gh/s isn't worth opening my avalon and plugging in a psu, and then adjusting a single setting on the machine?

I am asking for help, details not opinion. Not trying to be a prick but really it's a common issue on these forums.

Here's the question . Why is it that I get less hashrate when set to 375? 350 seems the level off number.
The machine is already running at 350 overclocked with the psu already installed (1200w corsair ax series)
Activity: 630
Merit: 501
October 22, 2013, 05:57:29 PM
you can split it in 2 units , oc to  370 -375 with no hw modification is possible
I`ve splinted 2x3 modules units in 3x2 modules at about 60gh  unit  with speed from 365 up to 375 , found out that if you do not connect them to port 1 has better speed and lower hw

I may have an answer to hw% by the end of the week. Smiley
Activity: 388
October 22, 2013, 05:21:33 PM
you can split it in 2 units , oc to  370 -375 with no hw modification is possible
I`ve splinted 2x3 modules units in 3x2 modules at about 60gh  unit  with speed from 365 up to 375 , found out that if you do not connect them to port 1 has better speed and lower hw
October 22, 2013, 05:03:41 PM

What is the max that someone has seen running at 1200w? 375mhs? Had the PSU already so it just made sense.

I get 107GH/s at 335Mhz using 860w PSUs. I just don't see any reason to install a 1200w to go higher unless your not paying for power! Smiley

Sorry you are correct, using 350mhz. I am gettting ~110ghs...I am using the 1200w because I already had it and ya I don't pay for power it is a set fee in my rent.

Also, just to note, I've noticed overclocking to 375mhz actually seems to reduce my overall hash rate. I've read this is a possibility but I was wondering why.

I really love this piece of hardware, its very interesting, educational and fun to mess with. Also, I should get a good amount of my money back overtime since I paid with USD for it.

Someone here told me it really wasn't worth the effort or cost to OC the Avalon 4 module past 107GH/s as you get so little reward for doing it. So I have never brothered. But if you really want 120GH/s buy two Avalon Mini's! Smiley

October 22, 2013, 04:28:09 PM

October 22, 2013, 04:16:12 PM

October 22, 2013, 03:59:02 PM

October 22, 2013, 03:44:53 PM

Activity: 175
October 22, 2013, 05:48:43 AM
I am in the country on a large farm. I do not know if it is possible for an amplifier wifi network exist

You need a repeater.  Try Wilson amplifiers.  Check the bandwidth of your cell phone providers in the area and buy the
matching amplifier and an external Yagi antenna.  Most rural areas in NA operate on 850 MHz band.  Find out your nearest cell phone tower and point your external antenna there.

Get Wi-fi router from your cell phone provider, it will connect to your Wilson repeater.  You'll have 4G like in the city.
Once you have Internet in the building, get a strong access point amp for areas that have lower signal.  If you buy, a good wi-fi router, I doubt
you'll need any extra access points.

in hand i have a wrt54gl with firmware DD-WRT. maybe i can use ?

modem router wifi -- bridge wrt54gl --> wifi and rj45  ??

or

modem router wifi -- ONE ethernet cable -- wrt54gl --> wifi and rj45

cell phone only 2G where i live-  3G and 4G the dream but not for now.

If you are saying you can run one cable to bridge the distance "modem router wifi -- ONE ethernet cable -- wrt54gl --> wifi and rj45"

then use modem router  -- ONE ethernet cable -- switch --> avalons

or if the distance exceeds copper cable specs

then use modem router  -- ONE fiber cable -- switch --> avalons
Activity: 462
October 21, 2013, 10:32:12 AM
I am in the country on a large farm. I do not know if it is possible for an amplifier wifi network exist

You need a repeater.  Try Wilson amplifiers.  Check the bandwidth of your cell phone providers in the area and buy the
matching amplifier and an external Yagi antenna.  Most rural areas in NA operate on 850 MHz band.  Find out your nearest cell phone tower and point your external antenna there.

Get Wi-fi router from your cell phone provider, it will connect to your Wilson repeater.  You'll have 4G like in the city.
Once you have Internet in the building, get a strong access point amp for areas that have lower signal.  If you buy, a good wi-fi router, I doubt

in hand i have a wrt54gl with firmware DD-WRT. maybe i can use ?

modem router wifi -- bridge wrt54gl --> wifi and rj45  ??

or

modem router wifi -- ONE ethernet cable -- wrt54gl --> wifi and rj45

cell phone only 2G where i live-  3G and 4G the dream but not for now.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
October 21, 2013, 08:29:09 AM

October 21, 2013, 08:08:07 AM
avalon wifi works well ?. or is it better to use network with RJ45

to reduce the temperature I have to use wifi for 4 avalons

wifi works fine, on some units. It all depends on the flakey TP-LINK TL-WR703N you got

I have units that work fine with wifi, I have others that would not

If you need to spread out the units to reduce temperature, just buy or make a few long ethernet cables, much more reliable than wifi

If you have signal problems in your house the cheapest way to fix that is to buy open-mesh.com devices. They work great!! The other option if you are a good lier is to see if Cisco is still giving away their Meraki wifi access point and sign up for that, you will have to lie to get it. Either way these are two very good solutions and they are 100 times better than your mickey mouse home wireless routers and access points that you buy at the local electronics store.

With a mickey mouse access point in my den I can barely get any bandwidth to my living room, with my meraki in my den I get amazing bandwidth on all my devices in my living room and other places of my house too. At work we have several clients who don't have more than 20 people  at any one given time using the WiFi so we have set them up on the open-mesh system which works really well, some levels are below ground in older builds, no issues that we have tested with the open-mesh.

Smiley

I would need a amplifier with external antenna I guess. I am in the country on a large farm. I do not know if it is possible for an amplifier wifi network exist

Well if you have buildings instead of trying to cover the entire area you should be covering the inside and out of each building, you can do this by light of sight and then Wifi devices inside to cover the insides.
October 21, 2013, 07:31:22 AM

wifi works fine, on some units. It all depends on the flakey TP-LINK TL-WR703N you got

If you need to spread out the units to reduce temperature, just buy or make a few long ethernet cables, much more reliable than wifi

If you have signal problems in your house the cheapest way to fix that is to buy open-mesh.com devices. They work great!! The other option if you are a good lier is to see if Cisco is still giving away their Meraki wifi access point and sign up for that, you will have to lie to get it. Either way these are two very good solutions and they are 100 times better than your mickey mouse home wireless routers and access points that you buy at the local electronics store.

With a mickey mouse access point in my den I can barely get any bandwidth to my living room, with my meraki in my den I get amazing bandwidth on all my devices in my living room and other places of my house too. At work we have several clients who don't have more than 20 people  at any one given time using the WiFi so we have set them up on the open-mesh system which works really well, some levels are below ground in older builds, no issues that we have tested with the open-mesh.

Smiley

I would need a amplifier with external antenna I guess. I am in the country on a large farm. I do not know if it is possible for an amplifier wifi network exist
October 21, 2013, 07:24:06 AM

sure i prefer use ethernet cable but impossible because of doors that should remain open

i set 2 avalon in wifi and no problem for now.
October 21, 2013, 07:20:18 AM

Sorry how does using WiFi reduce temperature on any avalon when the WiFi and the RJ45 connector are connected to the same board?

wifi not reduce temperature but i can do my avalon in another cooler room. my temp room is 33°C with 4 Avalon 4 modules.

impossible with network cable
October 19, 2013, 07:46:53 PM
What do you guys think and old B1 3 module Avalon is worth today in $ and BTC used, taking into account that Avalon has 4 module ones for 15BTC on their store site, and the difficulty is about to hit 310 million. Also the B1's usually only come with a 650W PSU so they can't do more than 72GH/s, what do you think?

Probs less than 1.25BTC as their new on Avalons site for 2.5BTC

I think you mean the modules have dropped to 2.5BTC on Avalon's site, I see now the 4 module has dropped to 12BTC.  

Any other suggestions?

well at the rate they  are dropping every 2 weeks you wont get much. You might as well keep it and  or flog it on ebay and buy more 60gh units at the lower prices and get a good little return if you know how to work the alt coin world Smiley

I am looking to offer someone some money or BTC's for his. Smiley

This is why I asked without getting into the specifics as that person could be a member on bitcointalk. LOL
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
October 19, 2013, 07:45:08 PM
What do you guys think and old B1 3 module Avalon is worth today in $ and BTC used, taking into account that Avalon has 4 module ones for 15BTC on their store site, and the difficulty is about to hit 310 million. Also the B1's usually only come with a 650W PSU so they can't do more than 72GH/s, what do you think?

I think you mean the modules have dropped to 2.5BTC on Avalon's site, I see now the 4 module has dropped to 12BTC. 

Any other suggestions?

well at the rate they  are dropping every 2 weeks you wont get much. You might as well keep it and  or flog it on ebay and buy more 60gh units at the lower prices and get a good little return if you know how to work the alt coin world Smiley
October 19, 2013, 04:54:55 PM

Any other suggestions?
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
October 19, 2013, 04:36:11 PM

Pages:
Jump to: