Pages:
Author

Topic: Avalon ASIC users thread - page 68. (Read 438516 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
October 14, 2013, 03:11:05 PM
I have 6 Avalons running using the internal TP-Link boards.  All use ethernet connections and have their wifi disabled.  I have no problems.

I  am running on a private network under a corporate subnet. Getting my DNS servers to work properly in the beginning was a challenge. I am still very skeptical of the current network configuration and would just like to eliminate it all together.

I have a host PC that can run both units with cgminer no problems and my fans are set to 100% constant. Just curious if anyone else is running like this and if they had any potential issues with the unit locking up or getting sick reports, etc....

thanks

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
October 14, 2013, 03:05:42 PM
I have 6 Avalons running using the internal TP-Link boards.  All use ethernet connections and have their wifi disabled.  I have no problems.
Activity: 259
Merit: 250
Dig your freedom
October 14, 2013, 02:56:05 PM
Does anyone run 1 or more Avalon units with just the USB interface? I have 2 REDHASH clones and have had multiple problems with the TP-Link Adapters. I have changed them both already and still having issues with dropped connections and/or low packets.

I have removed the USB jumper, installed WinUSB, and have cgminer 3.5 configured for the following: "cgminer.exe --avalon-options 115200:32:10:45:328 -o http://pool:port -u username -p password"

Has anyone else tried this? If so, do you have better results that using the TP-Link adapter? I haven't made up my mind which way I want to continue to run my rigs. Would appreciate any input. Thanks
Use cgminer-nogpu.exe instead cgminer.exe
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
October 14, 2013, 11:46:43 AM
Does anyone run 1 or more Avalon units with just the USB interface? I have 2 REDHASH clones and have had multiple problems with the TP-Link Adapters. I have changed them both already and still having issues with dropped connections and/or low packets.

I have removed the USB jumper, installed WinUSB, and have cgminer 3.5 configured for the following: "cgminer.exe --avalon-options 115200:32:10:45:328 -o http://pool:port -u username -p password"

Has anyone else tried this? If so, do you have better results that using the TP-Link adapter? I haven't made up my mind which way I want to continue to run my rigs. Would appreciate any input. Thanks
Activity: 462
October 14, 2013, 08:25:11 AM
think to tighten the screws that holds the modules. 2 avalon received this morning several screws Unscrew
Activity: 630
Merit: 501
October 14, 2013, 06:48:18 AM
It looks like about 100 orders were cancelled.

My winter electricity is about 17 cents/kW-hour.  At that rate the break even point for electricity is about difficulty=700 with Bitcoin about $125.  That means 2 BTC for  mini is just about at the break even point.  If anything goes wrong (late delivery, faulty unit, difficulty shoots up, electricity/internet goes out, etc.) it will be a loss.

Sounds like you need to find a place to rent that doesn't charge you anything for hydro! Smiley
October 14, 2013, 05:10:28 AM
can i use 2 original avalon power supply 750W for power one avalon 4 modules. if yes i need to buy only 2 power supply 1000W

I tried asking about this aswell. Seems like a few is able to do that. However, it seems as some PUS's shorts GROUND with 12v when they are powered off. So should one fail, it might for sure burn the entire unit (i have no idea if this "functionality" can be disabled easily).. It would be optimal for me aswell, to be able to use 2 cheap psu's instead of one incredible expensive one to add another module to the units.

thanks and problem resolv.

for security i buy 3 AKASA PC Venom Power 1000 W (AK-PA100AM01-EU)
Activity: 294
October 14, 2013, 05:03:42 AM
can i use 2 original avalon power supply 750W for power one avalon 4 modules. if yes i need to buy only 2 power supply 1000W

I tried asking about this aswell. Seems like a few is able to do that. However, it seems as some PUS's shorts GROUND with 12v when they are powered off. So should one fail, it might for sure burn the entire unit (i have no idea if this "functionality" can be disabled easily).. It would be optimal for me aswell, to be able to use 2 cheap psu's instead of one incredible expensive one to add another module to the units.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
October 14, 2013, 12:29:31 AM
Well for profmac you don't need to do trade hill and for to others too avalon doing new buy now ship etc 15BTC a unit currently so ill not bother with trade ill just buy noe but the problems are is 15BTC for 4 modual unit really worth it anymore.
October 13, 2013, 10:38:38 PM
when you clic on tradehill actions i obtain Tradehill Moving Forward. impossible to see actions

Correct, until you are verified.

i never ask to verified because auction start at 2BTC but it s not final price.

avalon min 9btc X 2= 18 BTC
B3 4 modules = 15 BTC

it s better to buy a 4 modules

the auction minimum was changed to 2 BTC, not 9 BTC.  So a min bid would be 4 BTC for 2 minis= 4 modules compared to 15BTC to get 4-module delivered which will need  a power supply to overclock.

auction = bid = not the final price.

and sell for 2 BTC their lost money. power supply + shipping = more 2 BTC

Yes that's true, but there are 500 units up for grabs. Smiley
October 13, 2013, 10:19:04 PM
when you clic on tradehill actions i obtain Tradehill Moving Forward. impossible to see actions

B3 4 modules = 15 BTC

the auction minimum was changed to 2 BTC, not 9 BTC.  So a min bid would be 4 BTC for 2 minis= 4 modules compared to 15BTC to get 4-module delivered which will need  a power supply to overclock.

auction = bid = not the final price.

and sell for 2 BTC their lost money. power supply + shipping = more 2 BTC
October 13, 2013, 09:52:24 PM
October 13, 2013, 05:59:30 PM

B3 4 modules = 15 BTC

A lot of people may decide to not buy any of the minis at auction because of they might think Avalon in general is the old work horse of the mining market and that there is better ASIC miners available. This isn't coming from me, it's what I have heard from someone else. So maybe a mini could be fetched for 2BTCs.

For me all I would like to get is one if possible, if not, oh well it wasn't meant to be. Smiley

October 13, 2013, 04:59:08 PM

B3 4 modules = 15 BTC

October 13, 2013, 04:53:32 PM

Still waiting myself to be verified, I hope that happens before the auction ends or I will miss out on getting a mini...

Sad
October 13, 2013, 03:27:59 PM

October 13, 2013, 03:26:32 PM

I was refering to Tradehill not Yifu concerning the Identity theft, Tradehill is not a good place to leave your ID unattended.

Interesting. Why would yifu use such an untrusted source? (if he's now making a mense, and selling his avalon minis for cheap, using tradehill..)

Why would he use them if they are dodgy, and all he wants is ship his stock of 500 minis?
http://avalon-asics.com/avalon-tradehill-asic-auction-partnership/
donator
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1010
Parental Advisory Explicit Content
October 13, 2013, 03:12:31 PM
There are about 240 new Avalons, 2 module, 60 GH/s, at auction for 2 BTC.

When I go to the line all I get is a blank screen. Sad

I'm registered & logged in.  Perhaps that matters.

What's the main URL then silly?Smiley

http://www.tradehill.com

tradehill is dead and close

Tradehill Moving Forward

Many of you have come to know Tradehill as the digital currency exchange of choice. We have suspended trading on the Tradehill platform, due to banking and regulatory issues. This decision has not been made lightly and we regret having to take such action. However, we embrace the silver lining of our situation and plan to take this opportunity to upgrade, improve, and polish our trading platform.

Tradehill registered with FinCEN in August 2013 and is actively engaging with banks and regulators to continue development of future business products and practices.

We would like to thank our clients, current and past partners, supporters, and advocates for all their continued support. The Bitcoin space has proven to be an exciting and dynamic environment. We are proud to have the opportunity to be at the forefront of this new domain.

For those eager to stay informed of our trading platform and new product releases, please sign-up for our e-mail list below and we’ll keep you updated.

I think you misread something. Likely in the not so distant past Tradehill was a digital currency exchange site for bitcoin, now they are no longer that but probably still receive emails from people asking them, so that that's why we are seeing this message.

It has nothing to do with them becoming an auction outlet.

its overclocked to 375MH each chip. not 275MH.. Since they are 2 boards only, they could never get 60GH without high OC.
My worries are, if you look at winning bids, it seems that all our bids ranging from 2BTC to 2.2BTC show up as NOT winning bids.. It could mean he has a minimum accept.. Which would be sad.

As for the identity theft, that would be pretty interesting of yifu to at this stage, with thousands of chips left over, to somehow try and steal passports? it seems he is ready to ship his leftover gen1´s (i hope at starting bid price). And willing to "do right" and start fresh when gen2 is available.
If they needed my eu-passport for some intricate online scam, i wish them good luck. Seriously doubt it though.

I believe tradehill used to be an online e-commerce site. Now recently "restarted"..

I was refering to Tradehill not Yifu concerning the Identity theft, Tradehill is not a good place to leave your ID unattended.
October 13, 2013, 02:03:15 PM
when i clic on tradehill actions i obtain Tradehill Moving Forward. impossible to see actions
October 13, 2013, 12:51:02 PM
There are about 240 new Avalons, 2 module, 60 GH/s, at auction for 2 BTC.

When I go to the line all I get is a blank screen. Sad

I'm registered & logged in.  Perhaps that matters.

What's the main URL then silly?Smiley

http://www.tradehill.com

tradehill is dead and close

Tradehill Moving Forward

Many of you have come to know Tradehill as the digital currency exchange of choice. We have suspended trading on the Tradehill platform, due to banking and regulatory issues. This decision has not been made lightly and we regret having to take such action. However, we embrace the silver lining of our situation and plan to take this opportunity to upgrade, improve, and polish our trading platform.

Tradehill registered with FinCEN in August 2013 and is actively engaging with banks and regulators to continue development of future business products and practices.

We would like to thank our clients, current and past partners, supporters, and advocates for all their continued support. The Bitcoin space has proven to be an exciting and dynamic environment. We are proud to have the opportunity to be at the forefront of this new domain.

For those eager to stay informed of our trading platform and new product releases, please sign-up for our e-mail list below and we’ll keep you updated.

I think you misread something. Likely in the not so distant past Tradehill was a digital currency exchange site for bitcoin, now they are no longer that but probably still receive emails from people asking them, so that that's why we are seeing this message.

It has nothing to do with them becoming an auction outlet.

its overclocked to 375MH each chip. not 275MH.. Since they are 2 boards only, they could never get 60GH without high OC.
My worries are, if you look at winning bids, it seems that all our bids ranging from 2BTC to 2.2BTC show up as NOT winning bids.. It could mean he has a minimum accept.. Which would be sad.

As for the identity theft, that would be pretty interesting of yifu to at this stage, with thousands of chips left over, to somehow try and steal passports? it seems he is ready to ship his leftover gen1´s (i hope at starting bid price). And willing to "do right" and start fresh when gen2 is available.
If they needed my eu-passport for some intricate online scam, i wish them good luck. Seriously doubt it though.

I believe tradehill used to be an online e-commerce site. Now recently "restarted"..
Pages:
Jump to: