Pages:
Author

Topic: Avoid auto-buy links, mainly locked or self moderated. Register before dealing - page 12. (Read 75759 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 546
Right... even on posts that aren't locked there is great potential to get scammed. I'm trying to get some vouches for reviews here and there just to try and keep this marketplace a little more trustworthy. Some of the guides people are trying to sell are extremely low quality. Keep your money close people.
Activity: 136
Merit: 13
Bump it up to keep the scammers down!
Activity: 896
Merit: 514
Did someone declare MARCH as "SCAM MONTH"?    They are just crawling out of the woodwork like termites ... or cockroaches.

Oh they're always around but sometimes it seems like they comes in waves. These sketchy autobuy link and lock the thread newbies have been around for years and it's so obvious that they're going to scam you. The problem with scams coming in waves is that newbie's also come in waves and are very naive.

You aren't shopping for a new pair of shoes with a credit card on bitcointalk. They fail to see the difference in these types of transactions, which is unfortunate.

Yeah, they've been here probably even from the start of this forum. There is no time they were gone or their numbers decreased. They are just finding new ways to scam some poor sucker that would fall for their tricks. They get creative each day and each time their dirty tricks gets discovered.

I guess it is the role of people like us who hate scammers to defend the newbies of this forum, and even the veterans that may fall for their scam attempts. We cannot eradicate scammers but I would say we can minimize the chances they have to scam.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1042
Did someone declare MARCH as "SCAM MONTH"?    They are just crawling out of the woodwork like termites ... or cockroaches.

Oh they're always around but sometimes it seems like they comes in waves. These sketchy autobuy link and lock the thread newbies have been around for years and it's so obvious that they're going to scam you. The problem with scams coming in waves is that newbie's also come in waves and are very naive.

You aren't shopping for a new pair of shoes with a credit card on bitcointalk. They fail to see the difference in these types of transactions, which is unfortunate.
Ban sales of software entirely. It is illegal to resell anyways lol all the prices on this forum are too good to be true & the keys won't last a "lifetime" Adobe & Microsoft will eventually BLOCK ALL the keys sold here. Same rules apply on Ebay & Amazon. You can trust Amazon if the keys are sold directly by Amazon but do not trust the sellers on Amazon.

For those who purchase keys at their own risk, avoid the following resellers:
1. Resellers with little to no knowledge of basic English
2. Resellers that do not answer EVERY question. Most do not answer the question: "Are the adobe keys UNREGISTERED?"
3. Resellers who do not offer Escrow
4. Avoid the Chinese, Vietnamese, and Asian International resellers even if their English is perfect.
5. Resellers who do not provide proof that the keys are not MSDN keys.

I recommend talking to a Microsoft/Adobe agent on their websites. They can verify the keys but I would not trust their word 100% either since some of the live chat agents are just as ignorant as the buyers on this forum.

Just to rebut some things here, though I am not saying I am for them,
1. English is not a prerequisite to being trust worthy.
2. If you were a merchant and have thousands of questions everyday and your customers don't know how to back read, lets see you answer all of them. What do you mean by the "unregistered" though, don't see the relevance.
3. Some sellers don't really need an escrow to deal, assuming they are trust worthy already.
4. Racist much?
5. You can expect the keys to be something illegal or a gray area one.

I'd stay stick with the rule, "if it is too good to be true, it probably is" and "you get what you pay for".
legendary
Activity: 1921
Merit: 1230
AKA Ms-overzealous-condecsending-explitive-account
Ban sales of software entirely. It is illegal to resell anyways lol all the prices on this forum are too good to be true & the keys won't last a "lifetime" Adobe & Microsoft will eventually BLOCK ALL the keys sold here. Same rules apply on Ebay & Amazon. You can trust Amazon if the keys are sold directly by Amazon but do not trust the sellers on Amazon.

2. Resellers that do not answer EVERY question. Most do not answer the question: "Are the adobe keys UNREGISTERED?"
4. Avoid the Chinese, Vietnamese, and Asian International resellers even if their English is perfect.

I recommend talking to a Microsoft/Adobe agent on their websites. They can verify the keys but I would not trust their word 100% either since some of the live chat agents are just as ignorant as the buyers on this forum.

true dat!
Activity: 2
Merit: 0

Activity: 994
Merit: 502
Can we ask the mods to stickie this? I think this is quite important and I've seen this quite rampantly in the past.

They can, but I would rather they do something to fix the problem

With something as simple as restricting the ability to lock and self-moderate to member and above only? Or better yet, removing those abilities altogether in this particular forum which has no need of them? Nah....to easy Cheesy

THAT would solve 90% of the problem.

This is never going to happen though...remember this is a forum where buying and selling accounts is legal lol
legendary
Can we ask the mods to stickie this? I think this is quite important and I've seen this quite rampantly in the past.

With something as simple as restricting the ability to lock and self-moderate to member and above only? Or better yet, removing those abilities altogether in this particular forum which has no need of them? Nah....to easy Cheesy

THAT would solve 90% of the problem.
legendary
I think what they need to do is ban these clowns like other forums do.  Yes, they can come back under another alt but at least it keeps them off balance.

Activity: 616
Merit: 300

legendary
Bump it up, keep it strong. Yes it is nice not seeing locks all over the place, but be just as cautious with self-moderated threads.

I just did a Google search for PS3o (AKA JAAC / SKELDER) Skype email [email protected] and found he was BANNED on the MPGH forum. Why don't they have the balls to ban scammers here? That's probably why they all end up here.

https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1285576
Bump it up, keep it strong. Yes it is nice not seeing locks all over the place, but be just as cautious with self-moderated threads.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469
https://Ecua.Mobi
You should add self-moderation to the title, they are starting to unlock and just rely on self-moderation, haha
Yes, it seems some of them changed their modus operandi :/
I've updated the title and OP and flagged a few more
Activity: 616
Merit: 300
You should add self-moderation to the title, they are starting to unlock and just rely on self-moderation, haha
legendary
Pages:
Jump to: