Pages:
Author

Topic: Avoid cryptocurrency scams - page 2. (Read 464 times)

Activity: 198
Merit: 100
May 27, 2018, 07:35:40 PM
If you want to avoid scams then you should learn and studies well the project that you are going to invest. It will help you a lot in terms where to invest or not but it won't make us avoid some possible scams because even good company turns into scam. Just invest what we can afford to lose because there are a lot of growing companies now that into crypto.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
May 27, 2018, 07:25:08 PM
Everybody here made outstanding points, what I say would be pretty much the same except one: Realization

Realization possibility of a project is the most important aspect of it becoming the next big thing. If a project fails at delivering something that can be used in the real world, it will fail. Sooner or later, it will. Most of the projects without a realization possibility are shitcoins anyway...
Activity: 252
Merit: 12
May 27, 2018, 07:21:26 PM
Hello, the news of growing numbers of cryptocurrency scams is really terrifying for the investors and holders. Can you suggest me how can I avoid this scams.
Don't show your wallets. Verify adress site where you currently. Don't participate in fake eth airdrops.
Activity: 88
Merit: 0
May 27, 2018, 11:11:05 AM
Well anything promising ridiculous rates of interest is an obvious one. If you want to remain safe then look for an experienced team who's had successful projects/companies in the past.
Activity: 615
Merit: 250
May 27, 2018, 10:45:53 AM
I evaluate the project studying the team, looking for reviews and who made it, reading whitepaper. If everything seems too good and unrealistic it is scam. In recent time crypto became very popular, so a lot of freshers came, that’s why there is a lot of scam just to trick newcomers.
Activity: 490
Merit: 110
May 27, 2018, 09:41:51 AM
Hello, the news of growing numbers of cryptocurrency scams is really terrifying for the investors and holders. Can you suggest me how can I avoid this scams.

check the team and partnership which the project is acquainted. most scam icos are no running projects and the roadmap is not on track.
most of the bounty campaign managers know the best projects try to join on a well respected managers.
Activity: 568
May 27, 2018, 09:18:04 AM
 If there is money involved, opportunist cannot be avoided, scammers always find a hole to victimized people, it is our responsibility to take precautionary measures in any venture we take in, like for example, investing an ICO project, do all the research about the whole project and the responsible team. You cannot detect a scam project right away that is why keeping in touch with them is the best practice to determine if they are true or not.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 270
May 27, 2018, 08:58:13 AM

of course it takes time and experience, what else now ico that leads to a scam is almost difficult in detection. but there are many ways to investigate it to see if ico is competent on a scam. you can study and check out white papers, teams and developers. or can also check the history and data ico site is first made.
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
May 27, 2018, 08:52:40 AM
If any fraudster wants to throw you, this process is inevitable, unless you succumb to these tricks.
There are many ways to prevent fraud, it is important that you do not believe in anyone in the Crypto market, only believe in the people around you. Do not believe in anyone but we do not see their faces. The market is full of scammers, come to us just for profit.
Activity: 209
Merit: 1
May 27, 2018, 08:36:31 AM
We cant avoid cryptocurrency scam but we can prevent it.Always take a deeper look on every cryptocurrency projects by means of reading carefully every terms and conditions.Do not hesitate to asked questions to the admin or to anyone that you think you can answers all your questions.And once you find it more difficult,do not invest.Looked for a another crypto projects.
Activity: 154
May 27, 2018, 08:34:51 AM
Scammers nowadays are rampant,  they are everywhere trying to trick people for their own sake.  In order not to be taken advantage by other people like those scammers you must be mindful and cautious. When you wanted to enter a bounty you must have the knowledge and background check of the developers, whitepaper and such. So always make sure you are equipped with informations in order not to be scammed.
Activity: 409
May 27, 2018, 08:24:47 AM

Sad to say but scammers are anywhere and everywhere. For me, before ill going to invest or trade something, i should study first and understand everything under the sun, if possible the project has an existing strong infrastruction and can easily communicate or keep intouch if you have queries.  And above all mentioned, PRAYER is my best shield against scammers. 
Activity: 62
May 27, 2018, 07:54:42 AM
Actually there is no perfect way of avoiding from joining in a possible scam ICO but we can lessen the chance or the risk to joining the obvious scam project. Checking their team in the whitepaper and the concept, understanding it if this is not far from reality, and check established supporter companies this can be one of the asset to make the ICO successful. Also if you are just new never invest to a project that asking a big amount of hard cap.
Activity: 316
English-Filipino Translator
May 27, 2018, 07:46:07 AM
You can avoid crypto scams by knowing there projects and ask them smart questions and you can research thier whitepaper, roadmap, announcements.etc.  and also join in the telegram group for you to know if they're active and a quick response to the questions.
Activity: 2002
Merit: 269
May 27, 2018, 07:40:15 AM

ICO is now becoming a new version of hyip something should be done about this so many scam ico right now and some of them do have a legit team on board, but still, they go scam, I'm lucky that some of the Ico I've joined are legit ICO.
Activity: 532
Merit: 132
May 27, 2018, 07:29:57 AM
You can avoid this scam using your brain and some research on the internet. I agree that there are a lot of cryptocurrency scams nowadays, but you should be careful when you decide to invest and take a look about the project and about the team, the site, the white paper, also you can read peoples' reviews.. etc.. Do not put all your money in ICO even if you feel that is trusted, you should invest in a lot projects, but first try to find the good ones.
Activity: 67
May 27, 2018, 07:13:36 AM
If any fraudster wants to throw you, this process is inevitable, unless you succumb to these tricks.
Activity: 462
Merit: 11
May 27, 2018, 07:09:32 AM
Learn more about how blockchain technology work,  learn more about purpose of the project and know more detail the team developer is will help to understanding and to know that project legit or fraud. In my country many crypto fraud and they sell the coin with network marketing, and to avoid that should be any more education about cryptocurrency knowledge.
Activity: 322
May 27, 2018, 07:07:13 AM
Yes it is the number one note we got to save. Unabke to invest in a project you want is better than getting scammed by a fake project.
Activity: 434
Merit: 107
May 27, 2018, 06:58:47 AM
If you are talking about ICO, to avoid cryptocurrency scams you should read their whitepaper , search their team, and also if there is a bounty campaign it should be made by a trusted manager.
Pages:
Jump to: