Pages:
Author

Topic: Avoid cryptocurrency scams - page 3. (Read 464 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 0
May 27, 2018, 06:54:08 AM
We should avoid this basically great stages, site straightforwardness, awesome colleagues and great abundance directors, that will be your premise with regards to where you have to put your cash on this industry, just like stock trade, you should first know the organization you are contributing with so you won't be misled. In this regard bitcoin is the best but be aware of fraud people.
Activity: 742
Merit: 144
May 27, 2018, 05:08:28 AM
At first, before investing on any cryptocurrency make a thorough research on it first. See the background community. The larger the community, the more secure the coin is. Lastly, read all the papers thoroughly.

To avoid cryptocurrency scams you must really educate yourself about the market. Yes, its not easy because almost everywhere scammers are making ways to scam people. One thing in a bounty campaign, make sure you have the right address on the spreadsheet every week because someone is trying to change your details on which campaign requireds you to write your objections and so on.
Activity: 252
May 27, 2018, 05:00:45 AM
At first, before investing on any cryptocurrency make a thorough research on it first. See the background community. The larger the community, the more secure the coin is. Lastly, read all the papers thoroughly.
Activity: 224
May 27, 2018, 03:05:31 AM
Yes it is becoming very tough to understand if it is a scam. I have few tips for you on this. You can do a thorough research on the team members. See if the website is clear enough and disclose every thing to the investors. And finally look if the project is a possible one.Most of the scams have some sort of impossible projects which are impossible to accomplish.
Activity: 364
May 27, 2018, 02:22:09 AM
Actually, scams are spreaded all over and it's quite difficult to avoid it. Sometimes, people post various things without any valid links and those are mostly scams. A software should be established to eradicate this scams.
Activity: 563
Merit: 102
May 26, 2018, 08:24:45 AM
Hello, the news of growing numbers of cryptocurrency scams is really terrifying for the investors and holders. Can you suggest me how can I avoid this scams.

I think thorough research of the ICO you want to invest is the best thing to do to avoid being scammed. Transparency also of one project. You can also check the concept , whitepaper , things like that before investing into it. I agree with you that nowadays scammers are everywhere , so we must be careful and be wise enough not to be scammed.
Activity: 140
May 26, 2018, 08:11:19 AM
Scammers are everywhere around the internet and they are trying to break the system and snatch your everything. So in order to keep your account safe you have to be sharp to identify the fake one and the real one. You always follow the lawful things and sites, people are used to. And do not visit or click unauthorized site or link. And most importantly do not grad any attractive offer without proper verification. 
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
May 25, 2018, 06:05:43 PM
Hello, the news of growing numbers of cryptocurrency scams is really terrifying for the investors and holders. Can you suggest me how can I avoid this scams.
To be honest it's really hard to find out whether the project is scam or not, however you can make your own research about people behind the project (check their profile, LinkedIn account, etc) I think this is the most important, checking some feedbacks on the internet, asking the community, learn their whitepaper etc, one thing is for sure there is no guarantee that the project is completely legit.
Activity: 294
Merit: 6
May 25, 2018, 04:59:55 PM
To avoid being scammed and having your coins stolen you should always make sure to check that you are on the right site before you put in your passwords or your private key. Don't click on suspicious links offering you free cryptos for doing nothing or links that offer you free cryptos if you put a certain amount of crypto in it.
Activity: 555
Merit: 12
May 25, 2018, 03:12:27 PM
The number is seriously growing as a matter of fact and the only way to avoid it is by taking precautions which is cleared to almost everyone even newbies like me.
* Try to stay away from clicking on every link you received in your email without verifying.
* Don’t give out your private key
* Avoid phishing website
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1247
May 25, 2018, 03:07:57 PM
I made a Thread about Crypt Scams here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.38541432

Will keep it up- to- date and add more stuff over time!

If you have any questions, ask in the Thread above.
Stay Safe Online
Activity: 98
May 25, 2018, 02:54:17 PM
You are right, the number of scams in crypto is climbing by the day, scammers in crypto is a big problem that needs to be resolved; the lack of regulations give lots of opportunities for scam projects, and as it seems that it is hard for governments to regulate crypto, one of the solutions would be people being more careful against scammers, to do so they need to learn and spend time studying about crypto. People will be forced to learn and be more careful or will be victims of scammer. I would suggest to take the time and study about any specific project before investing, look for the website, road map, whitepaper,  team members, and social media channels.
Activity: 82
May 25, 2018, 02:39:57 PM
Try to make your PC a special PC that you use in the encrypted world. Do not click on suspicious links, especially when sending and receiving mail. Do not transfer all your coins to the exchange, then turn around only when trading.
Activity: 294
Merit: 106
May 25, 2018, 02:29:08 PM
This fact is really terrible. More and more information is being received about scam in the cryptosphere. I am sure that there is already a ready decision how to put an end to this. But the situation around this problem has frozen. There is a feeling that this situation is beneficial to those who are against the cryptocurrencies. Thus, these people try to frighten investors and reduce interest in cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 546
Merit: 10
May 25, 2018, 02:28:57 PM
I think the only way to avoid scammers is to check any project or a crypto exchange or anything you go to invest in. Find information in the entire Internet. If there is no information or little I would not have invested there.
Merit: 100
May 25, 2018, 02:28:09 PM
So now in the crypto world there is really a lot of fraud and it is very easy to fall victim to fraudsters. I think you need to be very attentive and then you will be in vain. Never enter your personal details anywhere!
Merit: 4
May 25, 2018, 02:25:02 PM

This is very easy.

Avoid phishing links, sites
Avoid tempting offers
Avoid exposing your private keys, Avoid misplacing your gadgets.

Then be sure to avoid fake forms.

Thats all i believe.
Activity: 227
Merit: 1
May 25, 2018, 02:21:17 PM
Who is behind the operation? Is the team made up of well-known members of the digital assets community? What does their GitHub repository look like — is it impressive, lacking, or private?  If the answer is yes/positive, then this may be a legit project.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 10
May 25, 2018, 02:13:46 PM
report from expert as possessing use with details of news on intelligence as returns with manage of evaluation with customs of tasks as displacing use with indication as referring unit of objectives.
Activity: 644
Merit: 263
May 25, 2018, 01:27:50 PM

You can't really avoid the scams but you can minimise the risk of getting scammed by proper research over the project that you are investing into. I men that is also not the conclusive proof of the legitimacy but the problem is you have to take at least 50% chance to see where you have inserted your money. If you smell something fishy then try to get out of the project and if it is not possible to do so then you just landed into another 50% where the risk was highest one.

That is the way of crypto currency woking and thats all because of greedy people who just wanna cheat on the legit investors and steal their money.
Pages:
Jump to: