Pages:
Author

Topic: Backup is important - page 9. (Read 2429 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 1
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
June 19, 2018, 10:35:56 AM
I believe in addition to the 2fa codes stored in phones via the barcodes, you also have the passkey/code. If you misplaced your phone, you can have access to your account again via the security key code.
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
June 19, 2018, 10:31:30 AM
Good day, just want to share my experience,
I am using 2fa as my security in my emails and exchange accounts, so one day I nearly lost my phone and that phone holds majority of my pins, 2fa, etc. so I thought I lost all, luckily I found the phone. So now I'm thinking of buying an extra phone for backup. What else do you recommend for backup?
Having back up for saving our private keys or passwords is necessary so we won't be worried if ever your situation will happened to others. Buying extra phone is not practical but if you lots of money then you can, but for me I will go for manual like saving it in my notebook and keep it in a safety place .
Activity: 339
Merit: 120
June 19, 2018, 10:17:38 AM
I am using 2fa as my security in my emails and exchange accounts, so one day I nearly lost my phone and that phone holds majority of my pins, 2fa, etc. so I thought I lost all, luckily I found the phone. So now I'm thinking of buying an extra phone for backup. What else do you recommend for backup?

Well we have that in case of emergency, what is important is to save every important information regarding your wallets, since it was really hard to lose the information to connect with your wallets,and I think remembering is not pretty enough to do, so it was better that have some assurance and I rhinke taking notes and even buying an storage for everything that you have to keep.
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
June 19, 2018, 09:58:11 AM
Backup is a very important thing that must be done by everyone. I think the best approach is to use an external flash drive where you can store your backup data.
Activity: 56
June 19, 2018, 09:46:30 AM
backup is just as important as if you made a transaction? If backup does not have that feature then all transactions will not be recorded and data will lose its function. And we will not be able to recover it.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
June 19, 2018, 09:45:43 AM
Yes its very important nowadays cause we dont the accident right . I assured to you that you must have a back up to your account and files so they would not easily lost or got stolen. I support even the Broken down by a new i am going on your in this era, right? I support that you are respectable with back up
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1041
June 19, 2018, 09:37:29 AM

Since this time phone is necessary to use phone for google authentication to login to to exchanges like binance, i think its better to just trade on exchanges with few amounts and just keep the stash of tokens you got on your wallet that needs not your phone verification but then of course you make it safe that no one knows your priv key and wallet password.
Activity: 33
June 19, 2018, 09:28:39 AM

As much as possible don't put all your info in one place. For example, it is better to use a flash drive to store your data since it is much convenient to hide it in a safe place than storing your file on pc, smartphone and tablet where it can easily phished if your security is not that good. Always track your movements, logins and wallets. Always check for token movements in your wallet to prevent any suspicious activity. Do not click unsecured sites and message from spam and unknown sources.
Activity: 235
Merit: 40
June 19, 2018, 09:15:33 AM
Backing up 2fa codes online seems a bit dangereous to me so I'm keeping them in an offline hdd just in case i need them. Flash disk is probably better though, it is more sturdy.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Arianee:Smart-link Connecting Owners,Assets,Brands
June 19, 2018, 09:13:25 AM
As we see, we cannot get any security or safety for our own belongings today. Nowadays, we cannot assure for our things that it can be forever in our hands. We see how the lifespan of the things today. We must keep our own things and make a backup every now and then. Theres no permanent in the world today
Activity: 73
Merit: 13
be happy
June 19, 2018, 09:11:58 AM
To once do not lose access to services can do so: on all services, where there is an opportunity to make the code, take a screenshot of this code.
Then you can find the place where you will store these screenshots.
For example, an encrypted disk or an archive.
Or a computer without access to the Internet.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 250
June 19, 2018, 09:05:45 AM
I have experienced it before, then I ask for help by the customer service from them to open my account and they respond to me to give the terms that the account has got us like photo identity, proof of your photo (selfie). In this case, 2fa is very vulnerable and should be on guard carefully because if it is lost it will be very difficult to restore it again. My suggestion you should use apple smartphone, if something happens or lost the phone, you can take it back through iTunes then you move to new mobile to move data.
Activity: 728
June 19, 2018, 08:51:53 AM
Backup is a very important thing which everybody should do. I think that the best approach is to use an external flash drive where you can hold your backup data.
It is very good that you have started this topic to discuss because it will be useful for thousand other traders to prevent losing data by making backups.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
June 19, 2018, 08:44:31 AM

2FA is for security purposes only but when there is a time that you lost your credentials here, then you are really fu****-up.

Having a backup is an obvious thing to do not just in crypto world but for all your important files e.g notes, passwords, payments list, private keys (crypto), PIN (bank) and many more. My usual practice is storing it in an offline flash drive and to my external HDD.

So now I'm thinking of buying an extra phone for backup. What else do you recommend for backup?

Extra phone costs much but if you afford it then it's your decision. Backups can be done at flash drive, external hdd, cloud backup, simple draft in email provider (yahoo, google) , google drive, dropbox etc. It's up to you where you think it will be safe.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 19, 2018, 08:16:32 AM

The best backup is an old-school notebook where you record all passwords and pins and then keep the book safe.
Activity: 532
Merit: 103
June 19, 2018, 07:55:06 AM
My suggestion is you should protect your phone you don't worried about the security because currently small transponder is available in many store you should missed your it will always active in your Gmail not outlook account so easily log in your computer you will find the phone. If you use two phones anytime you will missed your phone. So better keep it safe or follow my instructions you will never loose your phone.
Activity: 165
June 19, 2018, 07:25:10 AM
if I reserve for the important documents I save in my email, because if I save in my email, I feel safe and easy to track if there is a loss, so far in my email safe and tetkendali, for his ofline I keep in the notebook me, that's some of the backup documents I used to use
Activity: 994
Merit: 11
Daxetoken.net
June 19, 2018, 05:25:03 AM

We need to double secure our account and wallet. If using 2fa  be sure to save the recovery words or phrase not jut on your phone but also on a paper then keep it secure. So,that even you lose you phone you can still recover your account using the recovery phrase. Hackers are wise ,so we need also to be wise in keeping our account information.
Activity: 82
June 19, 2018, 05:18:50 AM
So your best bet is to put all the money in your wallet instead of the exchange, so you only need to protect your private key, then everything is safe and you can back it up indefinitely.
Activity: 896
Merit: 198
June 19, 2018, 05:09:18 AM
the backup of a document is very important, especially if it is a valuable thing for us, if some people are backing up the document in the notes or facebook inbox or in our email, that's a little thing we can do for the security of our account, including I also reserve this is for my own security

What if your Facebook account attack by hack or your email? What will may happen?
Well for me it's better to write it in paper and put it on the safe  place.
Pages:
Jump to: