Pages:
Author

Topic: Baikal Giant N - Cryptonight, Cryptonight-lite FPGA/ASIC miner - page 27. (Read 32804 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Why does anyone talk about Monero only ? There are tens of cryptonight coins, much more profitable than monero, mineable with these Asics. Yes, Monero will fork, but no one forbids people to mine other coins and buy monero afterwards. And yes, other coins will be destroyed by so many powerful miners flooding the market, and most of those miners will ROI (not talking about those who paid the ridiculous price for the first batch). It will take time for these miners to become obsolete, as it's gonna take a lot of time for other CN coins to switch algo. Again, the planet doesn't revolve around Monero, wake up people.

But i still find it funny how all companies released a cryptonight miner at the same time. As if it was a single company under different names, controlling the miner's market.

XMR have 950Mh (700 Mh of which is estimated to be asics), ETN have 320Mh, GFT+IPBC+SUMO have <150Mh combined, other coins have <60Mh combined.
If XMR and ETN forks then first batch of bitmain will have estimated payback period around 8 months at best. If GFT, IPBS, SUMO forks it will be 2 years at best.

How about Stellite, Turtle, Bitcoal , Dero, Edollar and a dozen other tradable CN coins? Most of them just started and are more profitable to mine. Each week there's a new one coming out, keeping the original cryptonight algorithm. I hope it's gonna be like you say, otherwise all small miners with will get smashed like bugs.

These coins have little liquidity though, hard to dump them in the market when there's so little volume traded daily

What dude did you not read the previous posts. Stellite said almost immediately they were going to fork algo, Turtle and Edollar have also said they are forking. I don't follow Dero so I'm not sure. I don't get why people are under the impression it's going to take coins months after XMR to update the algo. If they truly want to fork and it's proven to work well I speculate most CryptoNight coins will be V7 within a couple weeks.

Dero already announced their Anti-ASIC stance.
So far i have seen Monero, ETN, Turtle, IPBC, Graft, Edollar and Dero announce their Anti-ASIC stance and that makes up 95% of the cryptonight network anyways. So those ASICs are probably going to waste soon.
Activity: 391
Merit: 105
Why does anyone talk about Monero only ? There are tens of cryptonight coins, much more profitable than monero, mineable with these Asics. Yes, Monero will fork, but no one forbids people to mine other coins and buy monero afterwards. And yes, other coins will be destroyed by so many powerful miners flooding the market, and most of those miners will ROI (not talking about those who paid the ridiculous price for the first batch). It will take time for these miners to become obsolete, as it's gonna take a lot of time for other CN coins to switch algo. Again, the planet doesn't revolve around Monero, wake up people.

But i still find it funny how all companies released a cryptonight miner at the same time. As if it was a single company under different names, controlling the miner's market.

XMR have 950Mh (700 Mh of which is estimated to be asics), ETN have 320Mh, GFT+IPBC+SUMO have <150Mh combined, other coins have <60Mh combined.
If XMR and ETN forks then first batch of bitmain will have estimated payback period around 8 months at best. If GFT, IPBS, SUMO forks it will be 2 years at best.

How about Stellite, Turtle, Bitcoal , Dero, Edollar and a dozen other tradable CN coins? Most of them just started and are more profitable to mine. Each week there's a new one coming out, keeping the original cryptonight algorithm. I hope it's gonna be like you say, otherwise all small miners with will get smashed like bugs.

These coins have little liquidity though, hard to dump them in the market when there's so little volume traded daily

What dude did you not read the previous posts. Stellite said almost immediately they were going to fork algo, Turtle and Edollar have also said they are forking. I don't follow Dero so I'm not sure. I don't get why people are under the impression it's going to take coins months after XMR to update the algo. If they truly want to fork and it's proven to work well I speculate most CryptoNight coins will be V7 within a couple weeks.
Activity: 345
Merit: 131
I think that most coins on Cryptonight are waiting for XMR to fork.  Once XMR forks then everyone else will follow suit.
Activity: 42

Exactly, you're lucky if the 24 hour volume in most of the Cryptonight Alt coins is 1-2 BTC( the likes of GRFT, IPBC & SUMO have all confirmed a V7 change anyway). ASIC miners have been focused on XMR because it's the only Crytonight coin that has the volume/ liquidity to support any kind of selling( 24hr volume = 6000BTC). The only Cryptonight coin that has any kind of volume to support ASIC miners would be BCN.(300BTC), XDN( 300BTC), and ETN ( 150BTC).  BCN & XDN are barley profitable at the moment with small network hashrates( 5 & 10mh/s). So you start pointing ASCIS at them and difficulty will shoot right up making them unprofitable. ETN is the best candidate for an ASIC pump but it's only going to be short lived until they figure out how to change to V7   
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
i heard that asic manufacturers will provide updates to asic owners so they can still mine even after forks
is this information true or just bullshit ?

ASIC CAN NOT BE "upgraded".
They are fixed to doing whatever they were designed to do and that CAN'T be changed.

I suspect that ETN is planning to do the "wait for the Monero algo fork then adopt it" plan in their eventual fork - makes sense to have multiple coins move to the SAME algo for ease of miner support.

Activity: 59
Merit: 1
Lmao this is just getting amusing now. There is no way in hell any of this is a coincidence whatsoever. At this point anyone who thinks otherwise is a blind fool/payed shill. There is no way multiple companies within a few days finished designing a CryptoNight ASIC all at once to launch lmao.

I wonder how many people payed BTC/BCH/LTC already and are regreting every second of it.

That's got me wondering about Equihash, and other algo's. 

Perhaps Trubus is the new wave?  Who knows right? 

Equihash is FPGA-able and ASIC-able too, just like Cryptonight, by the same technology.

Every useful coin will get it's ASIC, including nist5, tribus and others mentioned in context of two lost algo's of Baikal X10. And the Ethereum will be probably the last one because of I/O complexity.
Activity: 126
Merit: 10

Other coins have <60Mh combined.
TRTL, EDL, DERO probably fork too (https://medium.com/@turtlecoin/take-your-baikal-and-shove-it-up-your-asic-b05c96187790, https://twitter.com/EdollarCash/status/973233457902989312, https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.32350727).
Bitcoal has only ~0.3Mh.
I think most cryptonight coins with active developers will follow XMR (if fork succeed).
Activity: 168
Merit: 2
is ETN (Electroneum) going to block this ASIC with a fork?

I heard in their Q&A session, yes, they will. Just wait for the Monero dev finished and push the final code into their master branch, and technically every other dev can just pull and merge in their code base.
Activity: 168
Merit: 2
I thinks once Monero dev finished and pushing their code to master branch, it will take no brainier for other CN coin based dev (ETN, TRTL, ITNS, SUMO, etc.) to just pull and merge it to their code base.
It will had a different story if they dont want to change their CN algo into V7 because they want to suck the profits with this bastard ASIC miners by themselves and let it die. Let's wait and see.
But for sure ASIC is plague. See how the destroyed SIACOIN.
Activity: 50

Activity: 126

Activity: 90
Merit: 1
i heard that asic manufacturers will provide updates to asic owners so they can still mine even after forks
is this information true or just bullshit ?
Activity: 420
Merit: 184
Monero (among others) are planning to change the POW algo used to calculate each block, thus there can't be a 51% attack or whatever by ASICs running the obsolete POW algo. They won't find blocks and they won't earn coins, period.

This is not the same as a chain split situation where everyone is using the same algo but someone got out of sync.

POW algo change = useless ASIC

You miss the point, obviously. Some people like to say stupid and obvious things for the sake of talking I guess.

You know, it is possible to disagree with someone on an opinion, or even point out a factual error (if made), without being an asshat.

Monero's existing network isn't going anywhere, the existing chain is going to keep existing. Ofc if you keep mining you'll keep finding coins, the chain doesn't magically stop existing because some "leaders" decided to fork. If people try to call some new chain with no hashrate Monero, they are liers.  Monero mining has been backed by trojaned machines for years, and many of those machines will NOT be updated to the PoW change.  They'll keep mining the existing change.

I'm failing to see the point of Monero changing algos if mining the old algo still generates valid coins...

This is absolutely a chain split scenario. Absolutely no chance it's a clean split
This thread is full of noobs who can't see why these miners are an interested gamble.  PoW changes don't work, monero is about to prove that.

...which I guess is your point, that it's pointless to change algos. We shall see shortly, I suppose.

Activity: 28
I think you hit the nail on the head!!!!!
Activity: 50

Activity: 224
bitmain/baikal/halong was just mining with them for months and now with upcoming monero fork (biggest hashraste of CN alg'os) they are just getting rid of uselles equipment. And situation shows that there are a lot of fools with money buying those things  Grin
Activity: 966
Merit: 359
👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏
Still didn't see any evidence this ASICs exists.
I hope it will arrive next week. Should have been shipped in 72 hours Cheesy Roll Eyes

Wouldnt be surprised if they mine these till the day of the fork, then ship them.
Good point Sad Cheesy
Activity: 602
Merit: 106
I hope it will arrive next week. Should have been shipped in 72 hours Cheesy Roll Eyes

Wouldnt be surprised if they mine these till the day of the fork, then ship them.
Now that would be the ultimate troll from those companies. Also wouldn't be surprised, hope to see CN coins forking as fast as they can.
Activity: 489
Merit: 253

Activity: 301
Merit: 31
Lmao this is just getting amusing now. There is no way in hell any of this is a coincidence whatsoever. At this point anyone who thinks otherwise is a blind fool/payed shill. There is no way multiple companies within a few days finished designing a CryptoNight ASIC all at once to launch lmao.

Very good point...impossible "coincidence".
They mined in secret for months, and when they heard for antiASIC fork, they came out from their holes, and present to public this "new" miners and try to sell it for 12000USD!!!
Pages:
Jump to: