Pages:
Author

Topic: Baikal Giant N - Cryptonight, Cryptonight-lite FPGA/ASIC miner - page 31. (Read 32808 times)

Activity: 268
Merit: 102
I have many bitmain coupons to donate for free if someone want those shit contact me on discord.

https://discord.gg/zbwEgPY

legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031
Who on earth is buying up these miners? They're sold out!

After reading XMR's reddit's discussions on the matter, it's a complete waste of time to get these miners because XMR is going to fork before these miners are released.  

"complete waste of time"  and yet they are sold out.  Either you don't know what you are talking about or the vast population of miners who managed to buy these out don't know what they are thinking.

Personally, I won't be dropping $12K on one of these things.  So, I guess you could say we agree.   However, there is value in these... things.  However, I the prices will drop.

So what else is there to consider here?  Well... a lot more than Monero.  In fact, here are 17 other coins (and that's not even all the cryptonight coins--oh and also not including cryptonight-lite coins) that can be mined with these... things:

https://cryptonote.org/coins

XUN, XAO are just two others and I'm sure there are more that aren't listed.  The use case for these things will continue to be lasting.  

Then there's the customer service and GPU arguments to consider.  But really, most the arguments cancel out.  Probably event the timing of buying these things argument can cancel out.  

But yeah... I'll be waiting for lower prices lol
Activity: 345
Merit: 131
Who on earth is buying up these miners? They're sold out! 

After reading XMR's reddit's discussions on the matter, it's a complete waste of time to get these miners because XMR is going to fork before these miners are released.  

Does look like these miners are going to be obsolete by the time they come out.  XMR is going to fork! My hope is that SUP, which is another coin I mine using Cryptonight is going to fork.  

So forget spending $12k on the X3 miner, it's only money down the drain.  

https://getmonero.org/2018/02/11/PoW-change-and-key-reuse.html
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!

Have not kept up. How many coins do people think will actually FORK vs  just making noise....is this unit really gonna be in trouble, due to all the forks

or is it just noise.....(again, no one knows, just your impressions from the various coin threads you frequent this applies to and what you think the odds are from the noise maybe?)

I might start a group buy (transparent...we would tell you any $$$ per unit we would tack on for price for our efforts not including the usual shipping to folk)

because I MAY want to get just ONE...figure we could dump the other 7 on a group buy (each of us 1 unit) ...but being lazy....unsure if it is even worth that little effort to get ONE.

Monero has implemented the fix in testNet and plans to go live on March 28. Once that occurs I imagine other forks will simply copy the changes to their coins

Thanks appreciate it.....I guess my crypto business will have to look at the following for equipment deductions:

1) copy machine

2) fancy dancy printer

3) Xerox machine

4) office furniture (I asked CPA she said go for it)'

5) paper shredder

anything else I can think of...

(sigh, how far I've fallen...nothing but dubious doorstop ASIC machines available in the world of any ASIC flavor...(sha-256/blake2b/scrypt-pow/x11/cryptonight)

Activity: 306
Merit: 251

Have not kept up. How many coins do people think will actually FORK vs  just making noise....is this unit really gonna be in trouble, due to all the forks

or is it just noise.....(again, no one knows, just your impressions from the various coin threads you frequent this applies to and what you think the odds are from the noise maybe?)

I might start a group buy (transparent...we would tell you any $$$ per unit we would tack on for price for our efforts not including the usual shipping to folk)

because I MAY want to get just ONE...figure we could dump the other 7 on a group buy (each of us 1 unit) ...but being lazy....unsure if it is even worth that little effort to get ONE.

Monero has implemented the fix in testNet and plans to go live on March 28. Once that occurs I imagine other forks will simply copy the changes to their coins
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1130
Bitcoin FTW!

Guys - Ascis are the future. Why is this even a discussion? Technology advances and becomes faster and more efficient.

It sucks if you have a lot of money invested into GPU but the fact is that this is what we'll be using going forward.

You're welcome to think otherwise but the facts remain.

Broken quote removed
Tell that to the CryptoNight coins that plan on forking to stop ASICs from mining on their chains. The fact that ASICs greatly increase centralization doesn't exactly help either- just take a look at BTC. If a coin wishes to stay GPU-only they will choose to do so, whether it's to keep the coin decentralized or for another purpose.
Activity: 906
Merit: 507
Ya Sia wanted asics they where just pissed because bitmain shit on them with the pre-orders they already sold for ibelink
But here's my problem with asics the average miner can't buy them at a reasonable price you either need to no someone or willing to spend a lot or you either waiting till that particular asic will hardly ROI or pay out the ass on eBay so fuck asic manufacturers they are turning crypto into being centralized
Activity: 294
Merit: 103

Guys - Ascis are the future. Why is this even a discussion? Technology advances and becomes faster and more efficient.

It sucks if you have a lot of money invested into GPU but the fact is that this is what we'll be using going forward.

[/quote]
I dont have nothing againts asics but i do have agains companies that make that and then mine with them for months without selling to others.And on top of that only reason that they are selling now is because that they will be prety much useles and they want to dump it to someone else on high prices
It is just sad to see, how the coins that were mined with GPUs and CPUs for years will now be mined with ASICs Sad. I really hope Cryptonight algo hard fork will make CN ASICs useless.

The question is, will there be a hard fork?  I'm hoping there's going to be one, but I really don't know man.  Look at Sia coin they were not happy when Bitmain came out with a Blake-2b Asic, but they refused to do a hard fork.  
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
A lot of idiots with deep pockets are going to get fucked by baikal/bitmain. I will laught out loud when i see those miners selling on ebay for 500 usd  Grin

It would be more fair to say they are going to get FUBARed by their own greed and ignorance.

Activity: 602
Merit: 106
Now bitmain is out with there new X3 miner

It is just sad to see, how the coins that were mined with GPUs and CPUs for years will now be mined with ASICs Sad. I really hope Cryptonight algo hard fork will make CN ASICs useless.

Yeah, I get that technology advances and have absolutely nothing against it Smiley. But ASICs = Big orders from rich people/big companies = centralization, crypto was invented to provide decentralization.
.F.
Activity: 56
Merit: 2

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

Activity: 2464
Merit: 603
When forks occur to change algos and difficulty jumps exponentially, this will prove to be a colossal waste of currency.
Activity: 420
Merit: 255
A lot of idiots with deep pockets are going to get fucked by baikal/bitmain. I will laught out loud when i see those miners selling on ebay for 500 usd  Grin

Correct , i feel sorry for those people  Roll Eyes i warned them!
Activity: 59
Merit: 1

I found a website that sells Boards with multiple FPGA’s  on them (http://www.dinigroup.com/web/index.php)

If you want to work on the dual/triple Miner with me,  I have the code to a NIST5 miner.

I already have similiar cooperation here. It would be bad to work for many customers in such area.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
Pages:
Jump to: