Pages:
Author

Topic: BAIKAL GROUPBUY 5 - RESERVATION - page 3. (Read 20098 times)

copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
April 25, 2017, 09:19:54 AM
Hopefully there isnt any scamming going on!

What are the chances of the e-mail, website AND facebook account being hacked?

Don't ask me.....I sent 21.5 LTC to one of 4 moderators on the old supersite www.litecointalk.org..(there is a new site now called www.litecointalk.io FYI)

One of FOUR admins.....was hacked account...lost the 21 LTC ...and the site is now only in archive mode...when he/she was found out on the hack

as super admin...flushed the site....never came back but in archive.litecoinpool.org mode READ ONLY.

So hell ...it can happen Sad

Activity: 324
Merit: 250
April 25, 2017, 09:15:26 AM
Hopefully there isnt any scamming going on!

What are the chances of the e-mail, website AND facebook account being hacked?
legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018
April 25, 2017, 09:07:08 AM
Their e-mails are coming back, anyone else got the same problems?

Address not found
Your message wasn't delivered to [email protected] because the address couldn't be found. Check for typos or unnecessary spaces and try again.

The response from the remote server was:
550 5.1.1 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown

Yup just posted exact same in another thread.
Activity: 359
Merit: 251
April 25, 2017, 09:06:41 AM

Address not found
Your message wasn't delivered to [email protected] because the address couldn't be found. Check for typos or unnecessary spaces and try again.

I sent one 3 hours ago and got no rejection.
I've got no reply either though.
Activity: 332
April 25, 2017, 09:04:20 AM

Address not found

Activity: 53
Merit: 0
April 25, 2017, 08:46:27 AM
If you can get a legit groupbuy together, I would like to buy between 4-8 cubes.

also, is http://www.baikalminer.com/ the only official site for them?

There's also this site - https://minerbaikal.com/ which looks quite similar, and probably a scam site, but just wanted to double-check.

thanks.

legendary
Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000
April 25, 2017, 08:29:22 AM
Ok, so I inquired via skype and was told to request via email, but not getting any replys to email in the last 8 hours...
From what im reading, you have to order a quad or 4 singles?
Thats more than my available BTC, was wondering if I could go in with someone and split 2 single 300's out?

I do believe it's night there at the moment ?!?
Yes, but for the past 8 hours it's not been night...
I first emailed them right after skype at 10pm PST.
April 25, 2017, 08:26:59 AM
Ok, so I inquired via skype and was told to request via email, but not getting any replys to email in the last 8 hours...
Thats more than my available BTC, was wondering if I could go in with someone and split 2 single 300's out?

I do believe it's night there at the moment ?!?
legendary
Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000
April 25, 2017, 08:22:13 AM
April 25, 2017, 06:40:34 AM
FYI

was told on skype this pre order is supposedly going to end april 27th and not thru the www site

thus you send what you need (4 cubes min or 1 quad I think it is) to their regular email account

they get back to you and confirm etc that way

so ...hell if it is a hack job they got skype and the main email

so anyway just what I was told ..so I sent the amount I wanted (4 cubes) 2 for me 2 for a buddy

we will see if I get a legit reply from the legit email and cross fingers it is a legit rep at the other end

so be warned how this seems to be shaking out

later
brad

edit: by the by to stay on topic it makes NO SENSE they did not let everyone here just do a group buy with the same confirm as the last
group buys....gonna be a lot more work doing 100 plus individual orders when they could have just used a group buy and email confirm
to do a mess in one swell swoop. Also would have been good PR. They really need someone who knows shipping and logistics at that place.

Yeah, their PR is by far the worst I've encountered online so far.
Activity: 2
April 25, 2017, 06:39:17 AM
I am looking to get an X11 miner, I am currently mining ETH, but I want to expand. I am extremely interested in Baikal's products! I just don't know where to find them. Can I register here for 1 Baikal Quad Cube? Or if not possible, I would love to get my hands on a regular Cube.
copper member
Clueless!
April 25, 2017, 05:38:17 AM
FYI

was told on skype this pre order is supposedly going to end april 27th and not thru the www site

thus you send what you need (4 cubes min or 1 quad I think it is) to their regular email account

they get back to you and confirm etc that way

so ...hell if it is a hack job they got skype and the main email

so anyway just what I was told ..so I sent the amount I wanted (4 cubes) 2 for me 2 for a buddy

we will see if I get a legit reply from the legit email and cross fingers it is a legit rep at the other end

so be warned how this seems to be shaking out

later
brad

edit: by the by to stay on topic it makes NO SENSE they did not let everyone here just do a group buy with the same confirm as the last
group buys....gonna be a lot more work doing 100 plus individual orders when they could have just used a group buy and email confirm
to do a mess in one swell swoop. Also would have been good PR. They really need someone who knows shipping and logistics at that place.

Activity: 12
April 25, 2017, 05:29:38 AM
weird, payment with USD, bank in Singapore, its UOB Bank and they just gave account number without the name of the account number (Beneficiary Name - Recipient). Their skype has been hacked!

I had the same experience yesterday when I reached out to them through QQ. But I got an email from [email protected] confirming that the one from QQ is one of their legit staff.

Not sure what's going on if they are being hacked or is it truly legit. I mean, I agree with you that having your customers deposit in an account from SG makes it sketchy AF. The thing is that they also validated through their official email. Anyone experienced something similar?

yeah what i was told...if their official email is hacked I'm screwed..but that means skype is hacked too...also this is a pre-order May 15th was it?

so hell

you don't have to get a quad you also can get 4 cubes...but I assume it is still 50 bucks shipping a cube vs the lower cost shipping of the tower

but probably gonna split 2 with a buddy ..so thus my logic

I was also under the impression you had to get 4 quads or 4 cubes or am I way off?

dumb question but they are a confusing bunch to order stuff from

thanks for the info when it comes

Brad

Hey Brad. Same here. The guy told me that the deadline for the pre-order is April 27. Expected delivery is on the second week of May.

I initially asked them when is the next batch of Cubes coming out. Then he replied with the pre-order thing for the Quad Cube.

I got 4 cubes to split with a buddy. A quad would probably be cheaper to ship, but for all I know the quad all runs on ONE pi..so probably
only keeping 2 and a buddy will get 2 cubes. We are probably at best looking at over 200 day ROI on these with this dump at best in May
so ..trying to keep this at a toy level. Also so cheap to run ..I can mess around with useless and obscure X11 coins well into my future Smiley
silly hobby

anyway .... 2 cubes for me 2 cubes for the buddy...will give each of us 3 cubes total...probably not wise if they crank out the A900's
but hell at 75 watts I have a hard time thinking I'd never make ROI on these even if it took me 15 months Smiley

and the added effect of blinky lights and whirly noises in the basement

I'm paying mine with BTC if I do get a reply from the legit email account as a confirm

again...a person PROBABLY should be just keeping crypto in hand for the FALL difficulty on x11 and pow scrypt with bitmain is gonna be huge
thus ...trying to limit myself...IF the prices of crypto in x11 and pow scrypt stay high..there always will be equipment..thus my bet to have
something in the tank in the fall (got that equip depreciation I'm gonna need with all the $$$ i'm a making at pow scrypt going up 4x) Smiley

of course I always guess wrong..but at least I know the missed turns in 20/20 hindsight Smiley

later

Spot on!  Wink
copper member
Clueless!
April 25, 2017, 05:17:22 AM
weird, payment with USD, bank in Singapore, its UOB Bank and they just gave account number without the name of the account number (Beneficiary Name - Recipient). Their skype has been hacked!

I had the same experience yesterday when I reached out to them through QQ. But I got an email from [email protected] confirming that the one from QQ is one of their legit staff.

Not sure what's going on if they are being hacked or is it truly legit. I mean, I agree with you that having your customers deposit in an account from SG makes it sketchy AF. The thing is that they also validated through their official email. Anyone experienced something similar?

yeah what i was told...if their official email is hacked I'm screwed..but that means skype is hacked too...also this is a pre-order May 15th was it?

so hell

you don't have to get a quad you also can get 4 cubes...but I assume it is still 50 bucks shipping a cube vs the lower cost shipping of the tower

I was also under the impression you had to get 4 quads or 4 cubes or am I way off?

Brad

Hey Brad. Same here. The guy told me that the deadline for the pre-order is April 27. Expected delivery is on the second week of May.

I initially asked them when is the next batch of Cubes coming out. Then he replied with the pre-order thing for the Quad Cube.

I got 4 cubes to split with a buddy. A quad would probably be cheaper to ship, but for all I know the quad all runs on ONE pi..so probably
only keeping 2 and a buddy will get 2 cubes. We are probably at best looking at over 200 day ROI on these with this dump at best in May
so ..trying to keep this at a toy level. Also so cheap to run ..I can mess around with useless and obscure X11 coins well into my future Smiley
silly hobby

anyway .... 2 cubes for me 2 cubes for the buddy...will give each of us 3 cubes total...probably not wise if they crank out the A900's
but hell at 75 watts I have a hard time thinking I'd never make ROI on these even if it took me 15 months Smiley

and the added effect of blinky lights and whirly noises in the basement

I'm paying mine with BTC if I do get a reply from the legit email account as a confirm

again...a person PROBABLY should be just keeping crypto in hand for the FALL difficulty on x11 and pow scrypt with bitmain is gonna be huge
thus ...trying to limit myself...IF the prices of crypto in x11 and pow scrypt stay high..there always will be equipment..thus my bet to have
something in the tank in the fall (got that equip depreciation I'm gonna need with all the $$$ i'm a making at pow scrypt going up 4x) Smiley

of course I always guess wrong..but at least I know the missed turns in 20/20 hindsight Smiley

later
April 25, 2017, 05:09:41 AM

so hell

Brad

Activity: 294
Merit: 100
April 25, 2017, 05:06:01 AM

No, not yet. Have you wired the money to their SG bank? its UOB, i saw your printed bank detail is same like me i got from them.
copper member
Clueless!
April 25, 2017, 05:04:52 AM

so hell

Brad
April 25, 2017, 04:58:46 AM

https://s23.postimg.org/9nnpsn6iz/baikal1.png

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Hostyourminer.com THE miner Colocation
April 25, 2017, 04:50:44 AM
I'm in for 2 quad cubes.
April 25, 2017, 04:47:11 AM
Is the groupbuy manageable at all, with the baikal stocks? Thousands of people are waiting for tiny batches.
=/ I'm trying to get a Dash Miner myself since Feb2017 and just found this forum a few days ago, which is very helpful by the way.
Since then I'm damned to just watching the charts. Normally I'm the personification of patience... but April nearly is over Undecided

Should I wait for a possible groupbuy someday? (I'm IN at the moment with a Baikal Quadruple or equivalent)
Or should I go with the 1.2GH and try to pre-order? (by transfering to BTC first)

I'm from Austria btw. Don't think that matters, does it?
Cheers

You should wait for the waters to chill a bit or until the group order is made.
This CUBE thing is very new and a bit high priced if you ask me.
Considering that a mini miner was 300$ for 150MH the CUBE should be 600-650-700$ not god damn 800$
Pages:
Jump to: