Pages:
Author

Topic: BAIKALMINER Giant-N cryptonight 20000h/s 60watt - page 3. (Read 1911 times)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0
pretty sure baikal made this with a commodity VPU from movidius. No custom asics.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
'Searing' I am calling SCAM this BAIKAL N sale
To buy a miner that after 3 weeks you can not mine any more ..... just to make rich BAIKAL and asicminer

SCAM SALE

OH, I agree..it is like the Bitmain D3 toaster city on push out...also, with the risk of forking coins that this miner uses..it could be ugly as hell

Bakail also, IMHO, has been mining these beasts in some manner for the last 3 or 4 months..thus the usual ..cats out of the bag ..they know

their are ASIC's on the network....move the crap out quick...to us silly consumer folk

before the coins all fork and make it a doorstop

rinse/wash/repeat

brad
Activity: 182
Merit: 2
'Searing' I am calling SCAM this BAIKAL N sale
To buy a miner that after 3 weeks you can not mine any more ..... just to make rich BAIKAL and asicminer

SCAM SALE
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1304
Please, stop Asics, this is not good for cryptos
copper member
Clueless!
So if Baikal mined monero to death in 2 weeks that the monero fork is happening we should see the Vega cards jump back to big profits

Lets see......

Senario 1 :
BAIKAL was mining monero to death and after the fork GPU miners will see big profits and Baikal N will be mine the leftovers

Senario 2 :
BAIKAL just made this miner and GPU miners will not see their profit to increase after monero fork... and that means that GPU miners drove monero there by building rigs non stop. and Baikal N will be mine the leftovers

So monero is trying to save the GPU farms ? or they don't like Baikal ?
BAIKAL N is a home miner , everyone can have it ... so what is wrong ?
Farmers what is wrong ?
I am not supporting BAIKAL ,,,but the farmers should calm down ,,,, lets do fork to bitcoin also to bring it back to GPUs

Like i explained there are multiple factors and Baikal is loosing more business due to imposed MoQs.
Many miners are not ordering from Baikal and just skipping the resellers due to the $700 to $1000 top up of resellers.

Infact keeping in view volatile market the best thing would be that Baikal introduce pricing of $1200 to $2000 range and they can see huge sales.

Clearly investing in this miner is huge risk with this high price tag and MoQ, we could try taking risk if MoQ was removed and price tag becomes reasonable!

Thanks.

Baikal ...does not seem to care, IMHO on the issues of moving these miners...thus the 10 plus limit....they likely have been mining these units themselves for (guess)

3-4 months....so now is the time to dump them to the masses for too much $$$ in preparation for their next ASIC to make and pre-mine....before any release to

the public...rinse/wash/repeat

Anyway, my view by the past ship-shod way Baikal ships and releases stuff and the prices they want..and their lack of any communication from sales...just use

the mining community to dump and move on...(then again why should they be any different then Bitmain....they just don't do it as slick) Sad

Activity: 420
Merit: 255
So if Baikal mined monero to death in 2 weeks that the monero fork is happening we should see the Vega cards jump back to big profits

Lets see......

Senario 1 :
BAIKAL was mining monero to death and after the fork GPU miners will see big profits and Baikal N will be mine the leftovers

Senario 2 :
BAIKAL just made this miner and GPU miners will not see their profit to increase after monero fork... and that means that GPU miners drove monero there by building rigs non stop. and Baikal N will be mine the leftovers

Farmers what is wrong ?
I am not supporting BAIKAL ,,,but the farmers should calm down ,,,, lets do fork to bitcoin also to bring it back to GPUs

Like i explained there are multiple factors and Baikal is loosing more business due to imposed MoQs.
Many miners are not ordering from Baikal and just skipping the resellers due to the $700 to $1000 top up of resellers.

Infact keeping in view volatile market the best thing would be that Baikal introduce pricing of $1200 to $2000 range and they can see huge sales.

Clearly investing in this miner is huge risk with this high price tag and MoQ, we could try taking risk if MoQ was removed and price tag becomes reasonable!

Thanks.

Lets see......

Senario 1 :

Senario 2 :

Farmers what is wrong ?

scenario 1 , gpu s will reclaim some monero profits, although still wont be as profitable as months ago, price has suffered a bit, but what hasnt. Coinhive has prob been ramped up too which wouldnt help.The monero devs prob knew about the baikal n months ago. Good timing.

To me it looks the GPU farmers are pushing this in order to don't lose money ....
Activity: 489
Merit: 253

Lets see......

Senario 1 :

Senario 2 :

Farmers what is wrong ?

scenario 1 , gpu s will reclaim some monero profits, although still wont be as profitable as months ago, price has suffered a bit, but what hasnt. Coinhive has prob been ramped up too which wouldnt help.The monero devs prob knew about the baikal n months ago. Good timing.
Activity: 630
Merit: 502
Reminds me of the early Scrypt ASIC days. Who remembers Gridseed dual miners?

Lets see......

Senario 1 :

Senario 2 :

Farmers what is wrong ?
Investing in mining is risky enough lately, too many people with cheap or free power and huge wallets. Everyone wants a slice of the pie and fewer good opportunities are available. People who take risks on new miners or pre orders are getting burnt a lot more often. The only winners are the resellers and the pre miners who thrash the profit out of these machines and eventually sell them to the public at a premium. If the monero fork was 6 months away these would be worth it but a few weeks? How do we make ROI on the few coins left that wont fork. These should be 1500$ and less especially after the fork. Least it wont cost much to run. It might be worth waiting. The buyers set the price in the long run.
I agree by 100%  Smiley
cryptonight is the worst algo to mine if you think about it, its mined by hackers in hijacks who use other peoples resources which makes it basically free. No mining equipment to buy, no power bills. All you need to do is pay the hackers or they pay themeslves. Once they mine it they are unlikely to hold it, they just dump it cause its all profit.
Activity: 36
does look like baikal has already mined monero to death. just a few months ago xmr was right up there with Eth on being the most profitable algo to mine. about 3 months ago cryptonight became much less profitable than ether even though monero was almost keeping up with ether (percent wise).

If all the miners of xmr were gpu miners, then that doesnt make any sense. Because a large portion of miners will switch algos as long as they're not mining shitcoins. as we get close to xmr hard fork, they're dumping miners.
Investing in mining is risky enough lately, too many people with cheap or free power and huge wallets. Everyone wants a slice of the pie and fewer good opportunities are available. People who take risks on new miners or pre orders are getting burnt a lot more often. The only winners are the resellers and the pre miners who thrash the profit out of these machines and eventually sell them to the public at a premium. If the monero fork was 6 months away these would be worth it but a few weeks? How do we make ROI on the few coins left that wont fork. These should be 1500$ and less especially after the fork. Least it wont cost much to run. It might be worth waiting. The buyers set the price in the long run.
Good machine. This one is a definitely 1 year machine as 6 months to hit ROI another half is profit. I definately agree with @bitcoinexplorer that investing huge amount of cash is crazy and I would definitely go for one machine but MOQ is 6 units which is insane. 

We need to perform non-profitable company to unite ppl in to fight those MOQ's at all cost!

//Keep on mining!

Yes and Baikal is loosing more business due to imposed MoQs.

Thanks.
Activity: 89
you ppl ruin the concept of cryptocurrency. this is the greedy one that hold world into new era!
copper member
Clueless!
What about all this talk about coins this machine can run...forking

seems an uproar in the coins in question and devs and such saying fork!

unsure, if enough of them would do this...but they sure are yelling about it on the threads

anyway, for further reference indeed for those thinking of getting this unit (just in case)

FYI

Brad
Activity: 69
Good luck buying used asic that was in work since december and caused 4x drop in peoples profits. They are ditching it because they already mined what they could and it will be useless after biggest cryptonight coins update pow algo in a few weeks. You will be stuck with this metal box and 100 years roi.
Activity: 45
Good machine. This one is a definitely 1 year machine as 6 months to hit ROI another half is profit. I definately agree with @bitcoinexplorer that investing huge amount of cash is crazy and I would definitely go for one machine but MOQ is 6 units which is insane. 

We need to perform non-profitable company to unite ppl in to fight those MOQ's at all cost!

//Keep on mining!
Activity: 294
Merit: 13
Wow it's great if we use GPU mining rig (6x580) for cryptonight algorithm is only about 6khs with 500++watt. And this is only 1/10 watt from them. Such a big monster here.
Pages:
Jump to: