Pages:
Author

Topic: BAIKALMINER Giant-N cryptonight 20000h/s 60watt - page 4. (Read 1911 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 2
whoa a cryptonight asic is a big freaking deal
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
Activity: 53
Merit: 1
RIP all other altcoins
Activity: 59
Merit: 1

So, IF, FPGA...I think they are programmable for other coins without issue...

I would not say totally without issue. There are lot of technical issues. But guys, from the Spartan-6 LX150 and better FPGA you can mine altcoins. I suppose that golden shovels are getting covered with dust in your basements.

Please do not forget to make a pictures of PCB without heatsink and put it here. Or maybe write a technical review of the Baikal's solution for Cryptonight.

The Cryptonight algo is not ASIC resistant, maybe it requires external memory, nothing more.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

Pretty scummy to claim this can mine monero. But I guess these guys need to move their useless stock onto the uninformed.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
legendary
Thankfully this wont be compatible with Monero real soon thanks to the upcoming anti ASIC algo modification, and subsequent algo mods every 6 months.

Big props to Monero's dev team for keeping the coin decentralized. Makes me happy to know that baikal spent millions developing this and all it'll be able to mine are worthless shit coins.

Yet, Baikal spent millions and will make many millions more in return. Miners, especially newbies, are the ones that always get screwed. Nevertheless, I do like how Monero is handling this, not coming up with surprise defensive moves, but having a well-thought public strategy. If as miners we do our due-diligence to understand what we buy we won't get into traps like this one.

Some people will undoubtedly fall for this door stopper, but I doubt baikal will make their investment back on sales alone. Chances are they've been mining with this behind closed doors long enough to already have paid their investment back, though.
Activity: 140
Merit: 17
Thankfully this wont be compatible with Monero real soon thanks to the upcoming anti ASIC algo modification, and subsequent algo mods every 6 months.

Big props to Monero's dev team for keeping the coin decentralized. Makes me happy to know that baikal spent millions developing this and all it'll be able to mine are worthless shit coins.

Yet, Baikal spent millions and will make many millions more in return. Miners, especially newbies, are the ones that always get screwed. Nevertheless, I do like how Monero is handling this, not coming up with surprise defensive moves, but having a well-thought public strategy. If as miners we do our due-diligence to understand what we buy we won't get into traps like this one.
legendary

it is LEGIT and we will have some for sale soon Smiley
I was surprised it wasn't on your site already Smiley It would be nice to know what is going to happen with CryptoNote V7. As anti-ASIC as Monero guys are, it will be interesting to see how this plays out.
Activity: 406
Merit: 76
Crypto Lovers
What is the price , Is there any Video review for this Miner
legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087
it is LEGIT and we will have some for sale soon Smiley
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
This won't be able to mine Monero after V7 right?. I wonder if the Giant-N is based on FPGAs as the other Baikals, and if it could be updated to V7 in the future. Without Monero this miner is not that interesting.

IF 60 watts is legit, IMHO, it would have to be FPGA based.....ASIC's burn electric....(ASIC: their mother was a space heater..their father was hair dryer) Smiley

So, IF, FPGA...I think they are programmable for other coins without issue...

This won't be able to mine Monero after V7 right?. I wonder if the Giant-N is based on FPGAs as the other Baikals, and if it could be updated to V7 in the future. Without Monero this miner is not that interesting.
copper member
Clueless!
SCAM

you sir could very well be correct.....

though their 300mh baikal cube last may 2017..was/is only 75 watts (in my bsmt)

but odds are 70/30 you are correct...or it is just 'puff' for baikal to see if it pays to build such a unit...floated out in the world..which

means all the facts/power will change...if/when they ever really announce and then of course ship in their usual 'kludge' fashion

Activity: 275
Merit: 11
SCAM
Activity: 420
Merit: 255
So any info on price? If this makes about $500-$600 a month (assuming the hashrate won't go too crazy), then I think $2000-3000 seems reasonable.
I understand, but right now the earning estimate you see are without 1000 Giant N ,but when they go live and miners start selling coins bringing coin price down, the revenue could be much less such has $200 or so

And don't forget the precedents set by Bitmain (Releasing DASH & Sia miners making Baikal Obsolete for that), and Halong releasing DCR & Sia miner making DCR obsolete for Giant B

But if no other ASIC is released then i guess its a good miner!
copper member
Clueless!
So any info on price? If this makes about $500-$600 a month (assuming the hashrate won't go too crazy), then I think $2000-3000 seems reasonable.

this thread says 3600 USD

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/baikal-giant-n-buying-pool-3104350

not sure if the group buy on the above link is legit...but the price was from above

Activity: 462
Merit: 252
Activity: 420
Merit: 255
Pages:
Jump to: