Pages:
Author

Topic: BAMT version 0.5 - Easy USB based mining Linux with farm wide management tools - page 4. (Read 324109 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 506
I just want to let you guys know about "SMOS-LTCRabbit-Edition" USB stick mining operating system. I guess this is a new mod of BAMT. I tested it today and it works great out of the box with my 7950's. I made some small modifications in the cgminer.conf file to use it with WeMineLTC. Running in 2 min.

Wow.. a hacked up version of "SMOS" which was just a hacked up version of BAMT that stole mining time from it's users.  SMOS so lazy he had to name it with four letters so the search and replace on BAMT wouldn't break things.

People were a bit too trusting to have ever used BAMT, but nice guy that I am, I didn't betray that trust despite a multitude of opportunities.   If you trust some guy who took BAMT, did a search and replace to SMOS, and installed a cron job to steal mining time... You're crazy.   If you trust somebody who then took that hack job and hacked it again?  You loco grande con queso.
Activity: 139
Merit: 100
I just want to let you guys know about "SMOS-LTCRabbit-Edition" USB stick mining operating system. I guess this is a new mod of BAMT. I tested it today and it works great out of the box with my 7950's. I made some small modifications in the cgminer.conf file to use it with WeMineLTC. Running in 2 min.

For more information look here: https://ltcrabbit.com/index.php?page=os

Download here: http://download.ltcrabbit.com/SMOS-LTCRabbit-Edition-V1.zip

Hardware is supported
Best choice: buy a AMD Radeon HD 7950 or HD 7970 or new R9 280x (our mining operating system will work out of the box with these cards)
AMD Radeon HD Series 7800, 7700, 7300, 6900, 6800, 6700, 6600, 6550D, 6530D, 6500, 6410D, 6370D, 6310D, 6300, 6200, 5900, 5800, 5700, 5600, 5500, 5400 (find optimal settings for these cards here.)
Not supported: AMD Radeon HD 7990, R9 270X, R9 290X (we are working hard to implement latest drivers to support these new GPUs)
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004
Could someone upload for us to download? Cheesy

Or if not, what is the next best thing?  which distro?  I want remote control from my phone and rock solid stability.

I'll upload to MEGA, but this is just for "historical reference", there is zero warranty of any kind. You're on your own to read through the forum posts to glean whatever nugget of help you can find. Cool I'll post the link when it's finished.

Here is the BAMT Archive: https://mega.co.nz/#F!lEUjTRCL!dGkwuX0ULQcEkjFNcQuo9w
There are three files in the archive, as far as I know the last supported version was bamt_v0.5c.rar, I would start there.
bamt64_v05.rar was an 64-bit experiment, might be of some use for someone. b06_test02.rar was a beta of 0.6, but support and interest waned and it was never officially released IIRC. So it is what is, these are more for educational use.

And remember, if you find use of this stuff do still donate to @lodcrappo as this was his project.

Thanks.
Activity: 180

Or if not, what is the next best thing?  which distro?  I want remote control from my phone and rock solid stability.

I'll upload to MEGA, but this is just for "historical reference", there is zero warranty of any kind. You're on your own to read through the forum posts to glean whatever nugget of help you can find. Cool I'll post the link when it's finished.

There are three files in the archive, as far as I know the last supported version was bamt_v0.5c.rar, I would start there.
bamt64_v05.rar was an 64-bit experiment, might be of some use for someone. b06_test02.rar was a beta of 0.6, but support and interest waned and it was never officially released IIRC. So it is what is, these are more for educational use.

And remember, if you find use of this stuff do still donate to @lodcrappo as this was his project.

Thanks very much man, you are awesome Cheesy  Can't wait to get started with this Cheesy
Activity: 626
Merit: 500
Mining since May 2011.

Mining since May 2011.

Activity: 956
Merit: 1001
BAMT still humming away for me!  Grin

Got it chugging away mining LTC.

Mining since May 2011.

__.....__
                   .'         ':,
                  /  __  _  __  \\
                  | |_)) || |_))||
                  | | \\ || |   ||
                  |             ||   _,
                  | Big Aaron's ||.-(_{}
                  | Miner Thing |/    `
                  |        ,_ (;|/)
                \\|       {}_)-,||`
                \\;/,,;;;;;;;,\\|//,
               .;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,
              ,;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,//
             \\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,//
            ,';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;'

BAMT development has suffered a fatal error.

Defiled:  Unable to record this travesty in the deathlog!  Why?: Permission denied

Awesome! FTW!

__.....__
                   .'         ':,
                  /  __  _  __  \\
                  | |_)) || |_))||
                  | | \\ || |   ||
                  |             ||   _,
                  | Big Aaron's ||.-(_{}
                  | Miner Thing |/    `
                  |        ,_ (;|/)
                \\|       {}_)-,||`
                \\;/,,;;;;;;;,\\|//,
               .;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,
              ,;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,//
             \\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,//
            ,';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;'

BAMT development has suffered a fatal error.

Defiled:  Unable to record this travesty in the deathlog!  Why?: Permission denied

Mining since May 2011.
What a shame, this is a pretty slick project.
Oh yeah, pre-FPGA days it was the cat's meow. Mined like 600+ BTC back in the day on the old BAMT Farm. Tongue But back then the reward was 50 and we were pulling like 4-5 BTC a day. Ahh the good old days with a mere 15GHs GPU farm. Donated like 200+ to the cause, sure hope he kept some of those.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004
What a shame, this is a pretty slick project.
Mining since May 2011.
Where can I download this or is there something newer out now?  Every link everywhere seems to be dead.

I think they stuck a fork in it long time ago. It's dead Jim. Roll Eyes
Where can I download this or is there something newer out now?  Every link everywhere seems to be dead.
Activity: 482
Merit: 502
Since all the mirrors are down, I have decided to upload my copy rescued from old hdd backup.
It will take few hours to upload Sad

Code:
[deafboy@Planetexpress Download]$ md5sum bamt_v0.5c.zip
1da3d70d0c4a1c4f44f6870772aad26d  bamt_v0.5c.zip
[deafboy@Planetexpress Download]$ ls -la bamt_v0.5c.zip
-rw-r--r-- 1 deafboy deafboy 531867918 mar  5  2012 bamt_v0.5c.zip
[deafboy@Planetexpress Download]$

Download here

I'm unable to upload it. My DSL connection crash every time I try. :/
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
Since the official domain for this project dropped,

Is This project continuing or discontinued ?
Activity: 305
Merit: 250
Hello! How can I update BAMT 0.5c ATI drivers to 12.11?
Thanx and congradulations Sysadmin's day.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Hey guys,

Im getting the dreaded:

cant mount /dev/sda2 on /cow error... Dont get it because the USB should just mount with no issue...?

Anyone help?

image a new usb
Or fsck the old one manually
Activity: 956
Merit: 1001
Hey guys,

Im getting the dreaded:

cant mount /dev/sda2 on /cow error... Dont get it because the USB should just mount with no issue...?

Anyone help?

image a new usb
Pages:
Jump to: