Pages:
Author

Topic: BAMT version 0.5 - Easy USB based mining Linux with farm wide management tools - page 6. (Read 324109 times)

Activity: 69
Merit: 10
manualy runs, but i want see cgminer from gpumon...
Activity: 626
Merit: 500
Mining since May 2011.
yes i do this (i use img from another rig with this upgrade)... cgminer dont autorun and start/restart from gpumon ( mother worked incorrect? any ideas?

Try running cgminer manually from the /opt/miners/cgminer with your exact command line options (cgminer_opts:) you are using in the bamt.conf file.

Also, do you have this line in bamt.conf?
  start_mining_init_delay: 30

yes i do this (i use img from another rig with this upgrade)... cgminer dont autorun and start/restart from gpumon ( mother worked incorrect? any ideas?
Activity: 626
Mining since May 2011.
anybody start minig on MB (zotac ionx-a nvidia 9400) with asics (without amd gpu)?

This won't run from the stock build, you'll need to add in/upgrade to current cgminer/bfgminer for asics.
anybody start minig on MB (zotac ionx-a nvidia 9400) with asics (without amd gpu)?
Activity: 115
BAMT Not working

Downloaded BAMT from :

http://files2.bitcointrading.com/bamt_v0.5c.zip

wrote the image file and tried on 2 different USBs same result, it starts with the firy screen (normal safe mode etc.) than goes to "starting" some lines come on the left side and than nothing. The screen goes blank. Using on a an experimental rig of one 5970. Mobo is 4Core1333-Viiv (Asrock).

Also tried going on safe mode of BAMT but does'nt allow me to go there.

Any advice Huh

thx

sounds like your 5970 is not 100%.  Try with a different gpu.

But works fine with cgminer in win7, overclocked and giving over 700 mh.....?

You can try switching to one of the virtual terminals... if you can, its just most likely some issue with X starting, if not, its froze due to some problem.  I have had the screen go blank for several reasons... one is the resolution is not supported... on older monitors this has been an issue.  The other reasons are unknown to me, lol. 

When the screen goes blank, press ctrl-alt-blah to switch screens.  The GUI/X is on screen 7 (ctrl-alt-F7) and the xorg status is on screen 1 (ctrl-alt-F1).  So when the screen goes blank on boot I would hit crl-alt-F1 to see if there is an error listed on the screen.  Either way, as my first step I would hit ctr-alt-F2 to switch to the second virtual terminal and type 'sudo coldreboot'. to reboot the box gracefully.  For some reason, I have had issues on initial boot once in awhile, but a graceful reboot seems to resolve the problem.

Thx mate.

I was trying BAMT as windows 7 was crashing. Its stable now, will try as soon as it becomes unstable.
Activity: 309
Merit: 250
BAMT Not working

Downloaded BAMT from :

wrote the image file and tried on 2 different USBs same result, it starts with the firy screen (normal safe mode etc.) than goes to "starting" some lines come on the left side and than nothing. The screen goes blank. Using on a an experimental rig of one 5970. Mobo is 4Core1333-Viiv (Asrock).

Any advice Huh

thx

You can try switching to one of the virtual terminals... if you can, its just most likely some issue with X starting, if not, its froze due to some problem.  I have had the screen go blank for several reasons... one is the resolution is not supported... on older monitors this has been an issue.  The other reasons are unknown to me, lol. 

When the screen goes blank, press ctrl-alt-blah to switch screens.  The GUI/X is on screen 7 (ctrl-alt-F7) and the xorg status is on screen 1 (ctrl-alt-F1).  So when the screen goes blank on boot I would hit crl-alt-F1 to see if there is an error listed on the screen.  Either way, as my first step I would hit ctr-alt-F2 to switch to the second virtual terminal and type 'sudo coldreboot'. to reboot the box gracefully.  For some reason, I have had issues on initial boot once in awhile, but a graceful reboot seems to resolve the problem.
Activity: 956
Merit: 1001
BAMT Not working

Downloaded BAMT from :

Any advice Huh

thx

create another BAMT usb stick with a new stick
BAMT Not working

Downloaded BAMT from :

Any advice Huh

thx

BAMT Not working

Downloaded BAMT from :

Any advice Huh

thx

BAMT Not working

Downloaded BAMT from :

Any advice Huh

thx

Pros and cons, pros and cons. Lodcrappo has disabled the fsck on boot to avoid USB stick wear.

Understood, but I want to know if there is a way to force it to check on boot, or does it require a new kernel with the option enabled for it to be done?  I dont want to turn it on and leave it on... I just want to turn it on, do one check, then turn it back and proceed with business as usual.
Activity: 700

well.. ok.. i know that, but i kinda meant, instead of fscking, just create a new usb.  In my experience, if the usb file system is corrupt, it's a whole lot easier just dropping a backup copy of the image you were running on a new usb.

fsck only takes a few seconds to run... normally if a card freezes the system hard or power failure causes power loss during write it can corrupt random files which result in weird things happening, lol.  Plus maintaining 15 backup copies, 1 for each rig, seems tiresome.... I could just have one blank backup copy, but then I have to go through the setup of everything from scratch, or copy all the correct files back for rig X... all which is much longer than just doing an fsck on the drive.  Lastly, the rigs are about 400 miles away from me, so the drive to image a usb stick doesnt quite seem worth it, and I could have people on site do it, but that costs money.

So.... thats why fsck.

Pros and cons, pros and cons. Lodcrappo has disabled the fsck on boot to avoid USB stick wear.
Has anyone been able to run bamt on gigabyte mobo: z77x-d3h? I'm linux newbie and when I boot if from usb to bamt, it does not work,  it shows "No Network Connection" when hovering over the icon on bottom right.
Anyone knows how to fix this?

well.. ok.. i know that, but i kinda meant, instead of fscking, just create a new usb.  In my experience, if the usb file system is corrupt, it's a whole lot easier just dropping a backup copy of the image you were running on a new usb.

fsck only takes a few seconds to run... normally if a card freezes the system hard or power failure causes power loss during write it can corrupt random files which result in weird things happening, lol.  Plus maintaining 15 backup copies, 1 for each rig, seems tiresome.... I could just have one blank backup copy, but then I have to go through the setup of everything from scratch, or copy all the correct files back for rig X... all which is much longer than just doing an fsck on the drive.  Lastly, the rigs are about 400 miles away from me, so the drive to image a usb stick doesnt quite seem worth it, and I could have people on site do it, but that costs money.

So.... thats why fsck.
Anyone know how I fsck on boot?  I tried 'shutdown -F now' and putting a blank forcefsck file in root but it appears this gets skipped on boot.  If I move the USB drive to another machine and fsck it, it works fine... but now my rigs are remote so manually moving the usb stick is not as easy as it used to be.  I figure it might have something to do with the live image partion and I'm putting the forcefsck in the wrong spot but I'm not sure....

why fsck?

coz linux can fail to start if the fs is corrupt?

legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Anyone know how I fsck on boot?  I tried 'shutdown -F now' and putting a blank forcefsck file in root but it appears this gets skipped on boot.  If I move the USB drive to another machine and fsck it, it works fine... but now my rigs are remote so manually moving the usb stick is not as easy as it used to be.  I figure it might have something to do with the live image partion and I'm putting the forcefsck in the wrong spot but I'm not sure....

why fsck?

coz linux can fail to start if the fs is corrupt?

why fsck?
Activity: 47
Merit: 0

i don´t thing the dev of it its making more, but there its a lot of bamts out thereq
Pages:
Jump to: