Pages:
Author

Topic: BAMT version 0.5 - Easy USB based mining Linux with farm wide management tools - page 5. (Read 324109 times)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Hey guys,

Im getting the dreaded:

cant mount /dev/sda2 on /cow error... Dont get it because the USB should just mount with no issue...?

Anyone help?
Activity: 309
Merit: 250
Great  Cool

Spoke too soon... still has errors  Huh  If I move it to a different machine and fsck -y the volume then its fine.... is there something I'm missing? One of the rigs wouldnt boot, I got on console and it said the file system /dev/sda2 was mounted and wanted a ctrl-d to continue, not sure why the same thing didnt happen on the others I tried... The others rebooted fine, but still had disk errors... sigh
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Activity: 309
Merit: 250

You could try to add forcefsck to /live/image/syslinux/live.cfg file.
So something like:
label live
        menu label Boot the BAMT
        kernel /live/vmlinuz
        append initrd=/live/initrd.img boot=live config persistent splash vga=0x317 hostname=bamt-miner  quiet forcefsck
(or fsck.mode=force)

Not sure how exactly fastboot is enabled in BAMT so it still might not work.
Eventually (as an ugly hack) you could modify /etc/init.d/checkfs.sh

if [ -f /fastboot ] || grep -s -w -i "fastboot" /proc/cmdline
        then
                [ "$fscheck" = yes ] && log_warning_msg "Fast boot enabled, so skipping file system check."
                fscheck=yes

EDIT:  No luck with the "ugly hack" yet
Activity: 626
Mining since May 2011.
way too long of a thread,lol, but got a couple questions:

1. Is there any way to do a hard *restart*? whenever i do a reboot from bamt, it doesnt actually completely restart the miner, only logs out, then logs back in, so if one of the GPUs freezes for some reason, and i try a restart, it will just go back into BAMT like it was when i first installed it and wont do anything unless i go and actually jump the RST pins on the mobo. Then everything returns to normal.

2. I have 3 miners with BAMT, is there an easy way to monitor them all from another PC on the same network? like a MGPUMON Windows tool? what about from outside the network? my miners are at my warehouse and i want to be able to monitor them from home without having to use teamviewer to remote control a pc on the same network then type in the 192.168.*.* number from that PC.

Thx for the help Smiley
BTW im mining LTC if that matters Wink

Another option for remote which I have used in the past was to port forward to a specific rig. First you will need to setup DHCP reservations in the router for each rig so they always get the same IP. Then pick a port for each rig on the router like 11001 and forward to port 22 on the rig, for the next rig use 11002 forward to 22, next rig 11003, etc.

You could also do that with the web interface if you want too, make it like 11081 in the router, forward to port 80 on the rig, etc.

Then when you are remote, just connect to your public IP on that specific port assigned per rig and it sends it to the assigned rig on the standard port. This makes it easy so that you are not modifying the BAMT network configuration, the work is being done in the router. Feel free to pick whatever ports you want, but always send them to the standard port internally. Just make sure you use strong passwords.
Type coldreboot in terminal.
The remote monitoring is described several times in this thread.
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
way too long of a thread,lol, but got a couple questions:

1. Is there any way to do a hard *restart*? whenever i do a reboot from bamt, it doesnt actually completely restart the miner, only logs out, then logs back in, so if one of the GPUs freezes for some reason, and i try a restart, it will just go back into BAMT like it was when i first installed it and wont do anything unless i go and actually jump the RST pins on the mobo. Then everything returns to normal.

2. I have 3 miners with BAMT, is there an easy way to monitor them all from another PC on the same network? like a MGPUMON Windows tool? what about from outside the network? my miners are at my warehouse and i want to be able to monitor them from home without having to use teamviewer to remote control a pc on the same network then type in the 192.168.*.* number from that PC.

Thx for the help Smiley
BTW im mining LTC if that matters Wink
Mining since May 2011.
You might look into Hamachi. (http://hamachi.cc) I got that to work, teamviewer, not so much. (had crash issues too)

Correct me if 'm wrong by Hamachi is not free, shareware it seems...
(meaning not a definitive solution...:\)

Somewhat free, I guess that depends on how many rigs you are going to support:
https://secure.logmein.com/welcome/hamachi/vpn/pricing.aspx

Activity: 224
You might look into Hamachi. (http://hamachi.cc) I got that to work, teamviewer, not so much. (had crash issues too)

Correct me if 'm wrong by Hamachi is not free, shareware it seems...
(meaning not a definitive solution...:\)

could just setup a cronjob to email you the IP :shrug:

Never thought it could be so hard to get teamviewer up and running...
Activity: 956
Merit: 1001
Any chance to get teamviewer working on BAMT?
It crashed a couple of second after the first windows shows up...

SSH and a web browser is all you need.  Cheesy

No... :\
My rig will be quite far away from me.
It will get internet access via usb internet key with dynamic ip.
No same subnet, no chance to guess the external ip.

Need someting like teamweaver to reach the rig no matter what.
I need someting like remote desktop, but I also need something that resolves the dynamic ip.
Team viewer has both these features, but keep crashing at startup on bamt.

could just setup a cronjob to email you the IP :shrug:
Mining since May 2011.

I need someting like remote desktop, but I also need something that resolves the dynamic ip.

Reviewing my old notes, I believe this is how I got it working. (I know it works, I ran it for 5-6 months polling cgminer stats via miner.php)

apt-get update
apt-get install lsb-core
wget https://secure.logmein.com/labs/logmein-hamachi_2.1.0.86-1_i386.deb
dpkg -i logmein-hamachi_2.1.0.86-1_i386.deb
/etc/init.d/logmein-hamachi start
hamachi login
hamachi set-nick
hamachi do-join

Once you get Hamachi running, you can just use the private IP to SSH or http to it.

Mining since May 2011.

legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721
I clicked on the link and I see a message that Bamter.org is for sale.

Project is not supported anymore?

With GPU mining no longer or barely profitable even with cheap electricity (at least with BTC, it may be different with some altcoins), I doubt lordcrappo will want to resume support.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
I clicked on the link and I see a message that Bamter.org is for sale.

Project is not supported anymore?

Pros and cons, pros and cons. Lodcrappo has disabled the fsck on boot to avoid USB stick wear.

Understood, but I want to know if there is a way to force it to check on boot, or does it require a new kernel with the option enabled for it to be done?  I dont want to turn it on and leave it on... I just want to turn it on, do one check, then turn it back and proceed with business as usual.

You could try to add forcefsck to /live/image/syslinux/live.cfg file.
So something like:
label live
        menu label Boot the BAMT
        kernel /live/vmlinuz
        append initrd=/live/initrd.img boot=live config persistent splash vga=0x317 hostname=bamt-miner  quiet forcefsck
(or fsck.mode=force)

Not sure how exactly fastboot is enabled in BAMT so it still might not work.
Eventually (as an ugly hack) you could modify /etc/init.d/checkfs.sh

if [ -f /fastboot ] || grep -s -w -i "fastboot" /proc/cmdline
        then
                [ "$fscheck" = yes ] && log_warning_msg "Fast boot enabled, so skipping file system check."
                fscheck=yes
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
yes i do this (i use img from another rig with this upgrade)... cgminer dont autorun and start/restart from gpumon ( mother worked incorrect? any ideas?

Try running cgminer manually from the /opt/miners/cgminer with your exact command line options (cgminer_opts:) you are using in the bamt.conf file.

Also, do you have this line in bamt.conf?
  start_mining_init_delay: 30

yes, i have this line...

BitMinerN8 thanks and forget it... i sell this MB and buy with built AMD gpu... or will use router with USB )
Activity: 956
Merit: 1001
manualy runs, but i want see cgminer from gpumon...

have you changed the standard api port for cgminer from 4028?
Mining since May 2011.
manualy runs, but i want see cgminer from gpumon...

Well if it runs manually, try adding the delay. Restart mining and see if it starts showing hash rates for your GPUs. In gpumon it will NOT show for any FPGAs or ASICs, only GPUs, that is the way it works. There is no support for anything other than GPUs in the core BAMT tools or graphs.
Pages:
Jump to: