Pages:
Author

Topic: BAT - Basic Attention Token ICO (31-5-17)- Worth Investing? - page 29. (Read 65194 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
If BAT won't help us, I don't want them  Angry. Not going to buy from someone that will immediately double the price. Bought in for 9 million and will receive 18M. Lets say you are way to late, but within seconds. And how come the big players did not had a browser problem, or a white screen. How BAT will look into this and will still work something out. All the crypto coins are known because of the support we all here give them.

That's right. The ICO should be the game only for whales! I think the only reason that why they did not had a browser problem is that the had make a deal with the miner or the pool. If most of us don't have the chance to participate in the ICO, less attention maybe paid on that project. I think it is not a good situation for the project. SO if you need our support, give the chance to everyone fairly!
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Dude, they only have 200 holders...that's actually a really really bad thing.

If there's one thing I've learned, it's that the number of people invested in the coin (the community of holders) really matters.  Who is going to use this browser?  200 people...lol... let them have it- I'm not buying BAT.

Look at all the successful cryptos- Monero, NEM, ETH, BTC... lol... they have a community of holders invested.  BTC was giving out coins for free back in the day because even they knew the more people that hold the coin- the higher the value.

I'm not even entertaining buying BAT anymore- The fact that they have 200 large holders is a dealbreaker for me given how hyped this project is.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
I am not in any of the ICOS mentioned although many of them are good. I heard that BAT sold out very fast anyway. I don't understand the GAS problem in my etherwallet. I have that wallet too, does that mean my transactions will get stuck like Bitcoin? I am entering another ICO tomorrow and don't want to get my ETHS stuck.  Huh I
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
Don't worry, I don't think this project will succeed.  This is a dude (the BAT founder) from the old economy where click bait and internet ads and social media are the main focus.  In crypto world, that old way of thinking doesn't apply.  This project going nowhere.  It's like an IBM guy trying to build an App for the first iPhone...it's not going anywhere.

Stop being stupid and buying this coin for 3x.  Just because washed up old timers from the era of web browsers want to get wet in the crypto world, doesn't mean they will succeed.

100% agree. Now everyone wants an ICO. Imagine if BGates does one? Sells out in 1 second for a gazillion dollars. Then whales will snatch it up and sell it 3x like now. Its ridiculously stupid.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Don't worry, I don't think this project will succeed.  This is a dude (the BAT founder) from the old economy where click bait and internet ads and social media are the main focus.  In crypto world, that old way of thinking doesn't apply.  This project going nowhere.  It's like an IBM guy trying to build an App for the first iPhone...it's not going anywhere.

Stop being stupid and buying this coin for 3x.  Just because washed up old timers from the era of web browsers want to get wet in the crypto world, doesn't mean they will succeed.
The whole gas thing definitely favors the whales.

Kind of sucks that there's never going to be a way for little guys to get into the super hyped ICOs under current sytem going forward...

Telling you. People paying $200+ USD in gas alone because they can make shit ton of money anyways. Whatevs
Activity: 358
Merit: 250
Am I the only one having trouble with MyEtherwallet? Wanted to participate with it and now withdraw my tokens again.. still tx' don't show up...
Activity: 16
If BAT won't help us, I don't want them  Angry. Not going to buy from someone that will immediately double the price. Bought in for 9 million and will receive 18M. Lets say you are way to late, but within seconds. And how come the big players did not had a browser problem, or a white screen. How BAT will look into this and will still work something out. All the crypto coins are known because of the support we all here give them.
Activity: 406
Merit: 251
The whole gas thing definitely favors the whales.

Kind of sucks that there's never going to be a way for little guys to get into the super hyped ICOs under current sytem going forward...
Activity: 822
Merit: 1002
Currently you can buy BAT for 2x the ICO price. I bought some because I think it's not that expensive.

At liqui? Their rate is 2000 BAT for 1 eth where it was 6400 bat for 1 eth. So 3x
You can buy for 0.00035100 ETH
Currently you can buy BAT for 2x the ICO price. I bought some because I think it's not that expensive.

At liqui? Their rate is 2000 BAT for 1 eth where it was 6400 bat for 1 eth. So 3x
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020
expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

where?
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1401
Disobey.
This is ugly. They should have used a different model for token distribution for sure.
Also 200M for Dev team? Really? That's 20%... I am disappointed, mostly in the way the ICO went, though.
Anyone here could buy? Tell me how it was necessary to do? I sent in the first seconds, added 1mln of gas and nothing happened as a result Huh
You had to fit in the first block of ICO: 3,798,640
1 block earlier = fail
3 blocks later = sold out
Activity: 1162
Merit: 251
Anyone here could buy? Tell me how it was necessary to do? I sent in the first seconds, added 1mln of gas and nothing happened as a result Huh
My friend and I tried our luck on our first ICO BAT , well never expected to sell out this fast.
Is this normal with ICO's?

Also 200 people get in, why choose to let a small amount of people get all the tokens?

Well hope we can still get some, please let me know if this is standard with getting into a ICO

good luck guys!

No. Its not normal. Whales are fixing the market so they buy shit loads only to want them to unload soon after at a premium. Which is exactly whats happening now.
Activity: 744
Merit: 253
An ICO should be for the whole community, not just for 190 people that can immediately control the market. Hope we somehow still get a possibility to buy this coin. This was my experience.....  Countdown from about an hour (so that I would not miss it), try to buy, a white internet screen, the right internet screen, transfer funds, got a green succes message, AND NOTHING! Come on........

Also the gas should not be an issue. Than only the big investors will gain..... Whole thing about crypto is not to battle the big.

That was my experience as well, only i waited 2 hours  Tongue

Greets, Hank
Activity: 52
wow 25.000 eth times $230 each = 5.75 million x10 ...not a bad investment if you have the money Smiley

Sucks that my 4 eth didn't come through lol
Activity: 16
An ICO should be for the whole community, not just for 190 people that can immediately control the market. Hope we somehow still get a possibility to buy this coin. This was my experience.....  Countdown from about an hour (so that I would not miss it), try to buy, a white internet screen, the right internet screen, transfer funds, got a green succes message, AND NOTHING! Come on........

Also the gas should not be an issue. Than only the big investors will gain..... Whole thing about crypto is not to battle the big.
Pages:
Jump to: