Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 263. (Read 1210750 times)

Activity: 313
Merit: 250
I give my proxy vote to CZ. I like happy Devs, I think it helps them focus.

Jon  Cool

+1

I'm giving over my vote to CZ.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
BBR Ciphers i feel is a nice compromise so gets my vote.

Hopefully this doesnt continue to drag out for much longer and it can be wrapped up soon which ever way it swings.
Activity: 209
Merit: 100

Konko Ciphers   Wink it sounds playful enough  Cheesy

Btw., in early-network-effect-period especially, the pool with good (and bad) names may only get larger with time if public Roll Eyes
Activity: 146
Hi guys,

Maybe it´s late but I would like to propose a new name. My proposal is based on:

- there are a lot of coins with "geek" names, we don´t want to be like the others
- we need something different, that helps us to spotlight our coin
- we need something inspirational, that can build a community around our coin (like dogecoin did)
- we need something easy to say in any language, easy to understand, easy to communicate

My proposal is Drakcoin. The acronym is DRAK. It means "dragon" in some european languages.

Search "drak" in google images: https://www.google.es/search?q=drak&client=firefox-a&hs=H9f&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=sb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=JxQhVIH0A8nhPKTAgNgB&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1680&bih=953

Easy to find good images for memes, isn´t it?

I own drakcoin.com. I will be pleased to donate it if this is the name chosen by the community.
Activity: 538
Merit: 500
I vote for: Boolberry
Activity: 182
I vote CipherNote
Activity: 493
Merit: 500

my second choice is bump

hey dude, got another bump of that stuff?
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
BBR cider

it's both a coin and a refreshing beverage

old school can say BBR
new school can say cider
general public will buy some thinking it's a refreshing beverage

my second choice is bump

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
Hey guys, let's wait for mktg2009 to speak about the process.

Edit: sorry James, just saw your post.

Aha, I see that my Skype handle has made it into the discussion Wink

CZ is currently locked away in a small room coding surprises Wink  I think he may have even swallowed the key. But rumor has it he is reading this thread and the current discussions in it. Smiley
dga
Activity: 737
Merit: 511

Jon  Cool

+this.  I hold BBR for one reason only:  I'm placing a bet on the developer team.

I don't want a coin designed by committee, or we'd end up with another stupid bitcoin clone.  The world has more than enough of those.  I want a coin designed by a strong developer who wants to get awesome stuff incorporated into an experimental coin that doesn't have the shackles of success that Bitcoin already does.

That's BBR.  Or Rune.  (I like the name, myself.)  Or whatever.  As the saying goes, everyone has an opinion about what color to paint the fence, and half of these posts are either a deliberate attempt to sabotage the process or people blissfully ignorant that they're not helping anything.

This coin is about more strongly secure ring signatures.  It's about a solution for ring signature pruning.  It's about trying out some interesting ideas in an alt-coin.  It's about *the things zoidberg has added that move it beyond the base of cryptonote*.

Consensus be damned.  There's a lot of room for that later once the coin and technology are mature.  None of you are reading these posts because you want a mature, boring non-anonymous cryptocurrency.  XMR isn't mature.  BBR isn't mature.  That's why they're exciting.  Take the committee consensus approach and stuff it back where it belongs so that all of these coins can continue to be interesting.
Activity: 529
Merit: 505
I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

Jon  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
I'm confused. Are we submitting names, or picking from a list? Seems pretty unorganized.
If I can submit, I vote CEZIUM, or CZM. It has crypto_zoidberg's initials in it Smiley Cesium explodes when mixed with water. How cool is that?
it is unorganized, but it will terminate once everybody posts their name
then someone gathers all the votes in one post
review
then CZ can decide
we all agree to honor his decision regardless of what we feel
Activity: 212
I'm confused. Are we submitting names, or picking from a list? Seems pretty unorganized.
If I can submit, I vote CEZIUM, or CZM. It has crypto_zoidberg's initials in it Smiley Cesium explodes when mixed with water. How cool is that?
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
boolberry my 1st choice
bbr ciphers my 2nd
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
This name thing is blown out of proportion.  There have been much input that CZ and windjc can consider, only if helpful in making the final call.  And we should respect that decision and refocus on the tech.

Agreed. With that being said, I vote for boolberry.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
why?
this method works. sockpuppets have no point to vote, only people that are known will have impact
it is an advisory vote to let CZ know what the community (and individually) wants

Then I think we can all agree that as the creator and dev of the coin, he should be able to decide based on the voting details
So, the process I proposed has been accepted by the vocal critics, at least I hear no screaming or calling me the devil.

Speak up now and post your vote. After some reasonable period, it will be tallied by handle/name and posted for accuracy.
Then CZ decides

Process Defined. Now we just need more than the three votes!

Boolberry
Rune
BBR Ciphers

James
Booli
pt7
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I will vote for just part of this name:  Cipher.  

Without a name/phrase next to BBR, it could be mocked as "broken beyond repair".
My new concern with my original vote "Rune" is there is a "runecoin", which has been brought up.  Otherwise, I could care less if a game or comic is also using this name.    

This name thing is blown out of proportion.  There have been much input that CZ and windjc can consider, only if helpful in making the final call.  And we should respect that decision and refocus on the tech.
Activity: 150
I like BBR Ciphers. I've always just called it bbr anyways.

I currently have all my hashing power on this. Does a rename necessarily change the mining software right away? Just looking to be ready just in case I need to recompile stuff.
Activity: 742
Merit: 501
Hey guys, let's wait for mktg2009 to speak about the process.

Edit: sorry James, just saw your post.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
i vote for boolberry
Jump to: