Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 433. (Read 1210753 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Can I use daemon-based pool now ?

When I'm mining solo my hashrate is  ~ 560 610 kb/s  each one from four servers.
Total  is ~ 2 Mh/s . With pools ~ 780 860 kb/s from 4 servers. 

When was announced that pools are up i've freezed daemon-based pool branch, and got back to developing GUI.
Hope Lukas  gonna fix bugs.
Mike will announce bounty for simpleminer optimization today, hope we make it multithreaded in the next few days.

Total  is ~ 2 Mh/s . With pools ~ 780 860 kb/s from 4 servers. - did you start simpleminer instance per each core on your servers ?

Yes, 24 per server
Activity: 976
Merit: 646
we must improve  Gravity Well
when the hashrate slow down,and the diff down,someone prize the hashrate and diff quickly
when the diff going so high,they leave us,I think there is a bug in it

Well, i see as a main problem now is that we don't have pools. Since we have a different PoW it's not so easy to be add BBR to existing pools.
I'm working now on simple built-in pool, to allow everyone to run his own daemon-based pool withot any development, just plug-and-pool.

But if this won't help - i'll hardfork BBR with new difficulty adjustment.

When I'm mining solo my hashrate is  ~ 560 610 kb/s  each one from four servers.

When was announced that pools are up i've freezed daemon-based pool branch, and got back to developing GUI.
Hope Lukas  gonna fix bugs.
Mike will announce bounty for simpleminer optimization today, hope we make it multithreaded in the next few days.

Total  is ~ 2 Mh/s . With pools ~ 780 860 kb/s from 4 servers. - did you start simpleminer instance per each core on your servers ?
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131

When was the last update for the client ?

Could we have on the first post the link to the client with the last date update ?

Activity: 308
we must improve  Gravity Well
when the hashrate slow down,and the diff down,someone prize the hashrate and diff quickly
when the diff going so high,they leave us,I think there is a bug in it

Well, i see as a main problem now is that we don't have pools. Since we have a different PoW it's not so easy to be add BBR to existing pools.
I'm working now on simple built-in pool, to allow everyone to run his own daemon-based pool withot any development, just plug-and-pool.

But if this won't help - i'll hardfork BBR with new difficulty adjustment.

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
You need to be more patience. The altcoin market is down. There are too many junk coins out there. Nearly nobody cares about new coins any more. Unfortunately, CryptoNote has been announced in a such a bad circumstance. However, this coin has competent and active devs. It is powered by the most robust and innovative privacy technology so far although the software is totally immature. But we have good devs. Things will be improved. It will gain value in the long run.

PS: You and me are early adopters, not investors. The real investors don't know about CryptoNote technology and innovative features behind BBR yet. Be patient
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
DRK is a scam coin.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/scam-darkcoin-instamine-2-millions-drks-50-of-darkcoin-in-circulation-560138

Meanwhile XC is just a over-hyped clone. Why does BBR need to learn marketing tactics from bump and dump coins?

Its not a bump and dump tactic as much as it would be an anti-dumping tactic.  It helped other coins to stop and with the introduction of pools as soon as BBR hits the top of the profitability list it just gets hammered and dumped.  Eventually you won't have any investors left and the project ceases to exists.  There needs to be a fine balance and at the moment the downward trend in the market dictates they don't have confidence in BBR.  I thought it was a great coin and invested but seeing my BTC equivalent balance continually decrease doesn't look good and many traders will cut their losses and never come back.

The two things that will give BBR a boost in the market would be reducing the coin supply ( You can keep the 10 year mining period but reduce the block reward) as a higher price will compensate miners for finding less blocks and reward early investors (On bitcointalk some people were buying in as high as 0.004 I'm sure they can't be to happy with a 0.0007 price for believing in the coin)

GUI wallet, I know this is in the works and would help with a reversal.

Otherwise we have a great coin that is currently sitting at almost 25% of Moneros price with 90% less coins, right now are market cap is about 90K.

Count me as one of the many people on the sidelines waiting to see if there's a serious plan from the devs to restore investor confidence in this coin. Looked promising - I even like the name - but the chart is a real turnoff. Call me and others short-sighted if you will but is there anyone who works for a living that wants to lose so much hard-earned money?
Activity: 588
Merit: 504
Hi guys.
Pools have not yet found any blocks.
Does anyone from devs tried it on testnet and found there some blocks?

hope dev can actually test
mining for 15 hours on two pools, no block found..
really wasting time here it seems
Activity: 976
Merit: 646
Hi guys.
Pools have not yet found any blocks.
Does anyone from devs tried it on testnet and found there some blocks?
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
For any enterprising pool operator out there, now that the pool software is available for BBR.

Domain for sale:

http://www.boolBpool.com

Send me a PM.
are you seeing the same on http://bbr.extremepool.org?

No. using top I see that the cpu processes fluctuate and often go to sleep for your pool.  Also, i'm getting 1/4 of the hashrate I should be getting on your pool (even though a few hours ago I thought i was getting close to 1/2 on your pool), whereas on the other pools I get  1/2 the hashrate I should be getting.
Solomine with boolbd: ~200kh/s
extremehash+simpleminer: ~100kh/s
poolberry+simpleminer:  ~100kh/s
extremepool+simpleminer: 35-50kh/s
that's funny.. all using the exact some code.
boolbd and simpleminer use the same mining code?
no all the pools use same code. so there shouldn't be a difference between the pools
Activity: 110
Merit: 10

No. using top I see that the cpu processes fluctuate and often go to sleep for your pool.  Also, i'm getting 1/4 of the hashrate I should be getting on your pool (even though a few hours ago I thought i was getting close to 1/2 on your pool), whereas on the other pools I get  1/2 the hashrate I should be getting.
boolbd and simpleminer use the same mining code?

Using poolberry and extremepool I do see way too much cpu fluctuation and idle time.  However, using Extremehash, cpu usage is stable (i hope i'm using the right tools to analyze this)
Despite extremehash having stable cpu usage, the simpleminer hashrate is still less than half that of solomining with boolbd.

sidenote: I contacted who seemed to be a dev on extremehash, and he is getting the same feedback, and doesn't know what the exact problem is.  It's the first day of pool mining, so there's going to be bugs.  From others I've talked to we've come to the conclusion that ec2 mining is still profitable, and there's no reason for any of them to be using pools, especially when boolbd works just fine.
Perhaps the latest update to the pool source code fixes this problem. I've updated the pool software for Poolberry, let me know if the cpu usage is the same as extremehash now.

Yes there's been a change in your pool now.  Cpu usage is stable and where it should be. 99-100% consistently like extremehash

However, hashrate is almost exactly half what you get solomining with boolbd still.  I'm using the right number of instances of simpleminer for my cpu.  No one has reported correct hashrates with simpleminer yet on any pool.  It could be a simpleminer problem rather than a pool software problem.
Activity: 560
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
Using poolberry and extremepool I do see way too much cpu fluctuation and idle time.  However, using Extremehash, cpu usage is stable (i hope i'm using the right tools to analyze this)
Despite extremehash having stable cpu usage, the simpleminer hashrate is still less than half that of solomining with boolbd.

sidenote: I contacted who seemed to be a dev on extremehash, and he is getting the same feedback, and doesn't know what the exact problem is.  It's the first day of pool mining, so there's going to be bugs.  From others I've talked to we've come to the conclusion that ec2 mining is still profitable, and there's no reason for any of them to be using pools, especially when boolbd works just fine.
Perhaps the latest update to the pool source code fixes this problem. I've updated the pool software for Poolberry, let me know if the cpu usage is the same as extremehash now.
My hashrate is cut in half with the new simpleminer and a pool

I only get 100 kh/s at most with extremepool/poolberry + simpleminer
I get 200 kh/s solo mining the old way with boolbd

I have 4 cores, 8 threads

Tried fiddling with taskset, but I think simpleminer doesn't distinguish between multiple threads in a core.

help?

May be problem on pools, watching a single thread on my windows box, i see it spends most of its time waiting for work. The usage is 0% during those times.

Using poolberry and extremepool I do see way too much cpu fluctuation and idle time.  However, using Extremehash, cpu usage is stable (i hope i'm using the right tools to analyze this)

sidenote: I contacted who seemed to be a dev on extremehash, and he is getting the same feedback, and doesn't know what the exact problem is.  It's the first day of pool mining, so there's going to be bugs.  From others I've talked to we've come to the conclusion that ec2 mining is still profitable, and there's no reason for any of them to be using pools, especially when boolbd works just fine.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

Tried fiddling with taskset, but I think simpleminer doesn't distinguish between multiple threads in a core.

help?

May be problem on pools, watching a single thread on my windows box, i see it spends most of its time waiting for work. The usage is 0% during those times.

;edit nevermind I have no idea why the hashrate is cut in half

help?
Activity: 556
Merit: 501
PoolBerry.org is giving out a 10% mining bonus!

Come help us search for our first block!  Smiley
No windows executable, no big powers
I've merged LucasJones code into bbr repo, and uploaded pre-build windows bin: http://boolberry.com/downloads.html
Hope it helps.
Thanks zoidberg! how I can change the number of threads?
the simpleminer means that you can mine with only one single threads
open another more process plz
ok! thanks eddywise!  Wink
Jump to: