Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 437. (Read 1210753 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 501
I wonder if someone could create a coin that blocks cloud IPs...

I doubt this will work, people could then rent dedicated servers with high CPU

Perhaps, would it be possible to apply a cap on how much CPU power someone can mine with?

That can't be enforced and what's the point in doing that, anyways?
+1 whats the point in that?

The point would be more egalitarian mining.

By the way, a GPU miner is out for the other cryptonote coins already

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/claymores-cryptonote-amd-gpu-miner-v113-638915

I don't think this is a goood thing..it will promote centralization
Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Perhaps, would it be possible to apply a cap on how much CPU power someone can mine with?

+1 whats the point in that?
Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Sy
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Bounty Detective
Botnet power ^^ haha say godbay BBR mining

No -  http://boolberry.com/state.html

Botnets don't cycle on and off like that when the diff increases.  That's cloud.

Now 63% of the connections to my boolbd are from amazonaws.com  Roll Eyes
dga
Activity: 737
Merit: 511
GPU approaching? diff has just doubled in last hour Huh

No -  http://boolberry.com/state.html

Botnets don't cycle on and off like that when the diff increases.  That's cloud.
Activity: 560
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
Something tells me this is WAAAAY too lucky.  How often will my hashrate find blocks at the current difficulty?

WOW! very lucky..  Shocked

Difficulty is 220 Billion, so with 330 KH/s it will take on average 8 days to find a block. But the difficulty was only 77 Billion when you found the block..
Activity: 781
no public pool, diff doubled in hour, hahaha clearly no way for end-users  Cool
Activity: 87
Merit: 10

Do you think it is possible to make a GPU miner? From what I understand, Boolberry is based on CryptoNote but does not require 2MB of internal cache, right? Is this the reason why it could work on a GPU?
Boolb needs more than 2Mb actually. Current scratchpad size is 4MB.

So, how is it possible to make a GPU miner if 4MB of cache is needed? Only CPUs have that, right?
Activity: 976
Merit: 646
Do you think it is possible to make a GPU miner? From what I understand, Boolberry is based on CryptoNote but does not require 2MB of internal cache, right? Is this the reason why it could work on a GPU?
Boolb needs more than 2Mb actually. Current scratchpad size is already 4MB.
dga
Activity: 737
Merit: 511
For 1BTC, I'll put the alias/address of your choice into the blockchain.  I'll also accept BBR in proportion to the exchange rate.

Dave, this is way overpriced Wink

Yeah  Tongue If an average Core i7 CPU needs two days to find a block, that's < 0.4 USD for electricity.

Had to start somewhere. Smiley

I'm not charging for the electricity - I'm charging for the time it currently takes me to handle it.  And doing it in < 24h means I have to fire up a lot of AWS instances, and as was previously discussed, at a loss.

0.5 BTC?
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
still have to solo atm Huh

Is there any way to pointing many machine to just 1 wallet? can i use simpleminer and point to 1 machine that run boolbd?

I have one wallet on my main desktop. I have several other machines mining with boolbd using the wallet address.

Code:
boolbd --start-mining=
--mining-threads=

The wallet does not even need to be open.

Can you explain how several machines can mine? Just pointing at address of the one with daemon working?

Start the daemon on each machine as shown above. If any machine finds a block, the block will sit on the blockchain until you refresh your wallet.

Anyway to open one deamon and use boolbd.exe to connect the same deamon, so the hashrate can be centralized instead of solo at each machine?

boolbd is the daemon. You open one daemon on each machine, and each solo at each machine. The hashrate add anyway.
better focus on the pool first, than the $, teacher lol lol
For 1BTC, I'll put the alias/address of your choice into the blockchain.  I'll also accept BBR in proportion to the exchange rate.

Yeah  Tongue If an average Core i7 CPU needs two days to find a block, that's < 0.4 USD for electricity.
Activity: 756
Merit: 502

Activity: 494
still have to solo atm Huh

Is there any way to pointing many machine to just 1 wallet? can i use simpleminer and point to 1 machine that run boolbd?

I have one wallet on my main desktop. I have several other machines mining with boolbd using the wallet address.

Code:
boolbd --start-mining=
--mining-threads=

The wallet does not even need to be open.

Can you explain how several machines can mine? Just pointing at address of the one with daemon working?

Start the daemon on each machine as shown above. If any machine finds a block, the block will sit on the blockchain until you refresh your wallet.

Anyway to open one deamon and use boolbd.exe to connect the same deamon, so the hashrate can be centralized instead of solo at each machine?
Jump to: