Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 453. (Read 1210753 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Ok people after my communication with crypto_zoidberg, I have taken up the responsibility to help with Branding/Marketing the project.

Stay tuned because we will need the community's opinion on such matters.

I believe this project has the potential to become a significant player in the crypto market.

Until then I advise to keep solo mining, with an average of 350-400 kilohashes I have hit four blocks since launch, so I think its a very good investment to keep at it before pools, inevitably, enter the fray.

wow
with about the same hash power, i have not found a single block since launch.

with 350 kh over 2 computers I have found 2 blocks in the last week.

roooh, lucky guy !  Shocked

nice for you Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
i had assumed that is what the 1% tax was for

Whilst you're correct that the 1% donation should be used for things like building a pool, remember that it is only a donation.

ok?

Well it's not a tax, you seemed to be a little snarky about the 1%. It's not like you're forced to give it up.

Perhaps I interpreted your post in the wrong way. Smiley
yes you did. for me it is a tax as it is set to on automatically. the majority of miners will leave it on by default. also, the 1 percent only goes to one wallet and thus we cant chose our developers.

Well a tax is mandatory with no way out.

If there was another developer who wanted to join in on this coin, they could either release their own client with donations set to them instead, or ask the main developer to share the donations. This is open source after all. Smiley

Anyway, I'm a little bummed out that there is no pool, I'm back to mining MRO at the moment because I'm too impatient for solo mining. :p
Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Whilst you're correct that the 1% donation should be used for things like building a pool, remember that it is only a donation.

ok?

Well it's not a tax, you seemed to be a little snarky about the 1%. It's not like you're forced to give it up.

yes you did. for me it is a tax as it is set to on automatically. the majority of miners will leave it on by default. also, the 1 percent only goes to one wallet and thus we cant chose our developers.

this has been hashed out, and currently i am mining this coin. I do not view this 1% donation as a negative at this point. i am sure this coin can always be hard forked if we became unhappy with current developers.

i can not predict the future.
legendary

ok?

ok?

Activity: 140
Merit: 12
Ok people after my communication with crypto_zoidberg, I have taken up the responsibility to help with Branding/Marketing the project.

Stay tuned because we will need the community's opinion on such matters.

I believe this project has the potential to become a significant player in the crypto market.

Until then I advise to keep solo mining, with an average of 350-400 kilohashes I have hit four blocks since launch, so I think its a very good investment to keep at it before pools, inevitably, enter the fray.

wow
with about the same hash power, i have not found a single block since launch.

with 350 kh over 2 computers I have found 2 blocks in the last week.
legendary
I also can t understand why  hashrates  accumulate.
I guess it will be the same result when several computer calculate with difference addresses.
Or even that find a block have  higher probability on differences address because it is possible that
on the differences machine there calculate overlapping hashes. Something wrong in this thinking?

This is the super simplified version.

Mining is the action where your computer guesses for a very low number, the computer randomly guesses for these numbers.

Eventually your computer may guess the right number. Once your computer does that you earn some reward. (Solving a block).

Because the search for these super low numbers is random, you can have any number of computers all searching together, they don't need to be linked together or anything. They stack in the sense that you have more computing power going towards the search.

The address you set as your mining address in the mining program does not matter, you can have each machine mine for a different address or the same address, it makes no difference at all.

With this i go conform. I just replay on this meaning that if you calculate on difference machine you have to use the same address, and then there only accumulate hashes.

If you calculate on a different machine you can use the same address or a different address. It doesn't matter.

Yes the hashrates are combined because it's a random search.

Also: do not worry about overlapping hashes being found on different computers. Trust me, never worry about that again, it's of no concern.
Activity: 556
Merit: 501

It is not hard to solo mine. You need a strong CPU or multiple small CPU.

Put computers together on the same address.

A network without pool is perfectly decentralized, therefore very strong.

36hours with 8 xeon L5530, 2 xeon 2687W + 1 [email protected]
Total : 2.6MHs
blocs found : 1  Embarrassed (instead of 3~5)

I know it's variance, i'm just unlucky, but pools are needed to reduce this variance.
If the difficulty was 10 times lower, with a bloc reward 10 times lower, there is no problems. At this diff, someone with a "little" cpu (like, a 4770K), will hardly find a bloc in a week, as the diff rise every day. It's only profitable to botnet, cpu farm and people with huge (and free) computer access.

+1
i7 4770k 5 days mining= 0 block found!
Activity: 182

36hours with 8 xeon L5530, 2 xeon 2687W + 1 [email protected]
Total : 2.6MHs
blocs found : 1  Embarrassed (instead of 3~5)

I know it's variance, i'm just unlucky, but pools are needed to reduce this variance.
If the difficulty was 10 times lower, with a bloc reward 10 times lower, there is no problems. At this diff, someone with a "little" cpu (like, a 4770K), will hardly find a bloc in a week, as the diff rise every day. It's only profitable to botnet, cpu farm and people with huge (and free) computer access.

Activity: 111
I guess it will be the same result when several computer calculate with difference addresses.
Or even that find a block have  higher probability on differences address because it is possible that
on the differences machine there calculate overlapping hashes. Something wrong in this thinking?

Mining is the action where your computer guesses for a very low number, the computer randomly guesses for these numbers.

Eventually your computer may guess the right number. Once your computer does that you earn some reward. (Solving a block).

Because the search for these super low numbers is random, you can have any number of computers all searching together, they don't need to be linked together or anything. They stack in the sense that you have more computing power going towards the search.

The address you set as your mining address in the mining program does not matter, you can have each machine mine for a different address or the same address, it makes no difference at all.

With this i go conform. I just replay on this meaning that if you calculate on difference machine you have to use the same address, and then there only accumulate hashes.
Activity: 224
I have been in touch with coin dev and dev that made open source pool such as the one I am running http://www.extremepool.org

1.  need Cpuminer to incorporate wild keccak
2.  need some kind of a bounty to help get pool Dev on board to incorporate this coin if necessary.

I would love to provide the community with a pool.
legendary

I htink we need to have pool BEFORE hitting an exchange.
If we  hit an exchange, it will be very difficult, or impossible, for "normal miners" to find a bloc in solo.
There is no urge to be listed on an exchange, we can let the community grow before that, and to have proper tools to show to investors too, like pools, standalone mining software with stratum, user friendly (aka noob) wallet GUI etc..

I like the BBR / boolberry name.

this, pool is badly needed  Undecided

Pool bounty required.

true
dev should make use of his donations and open some bounties.

legendary

Activity: 560
Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
Is it possible to solomine with cpuminer-multi ??  What port to use ?
Not yet, as wild keccak is not implemented in cpuminer-multi at this time.
Activity: 1034
Merit: 500
Is it possible to solomine with cpuminer-multi ??  What port to use ?
Activity: 111
I'm thankful to have more serious developers working on the ByteCoin code like BoolBerry, they've contributed a lot of fixes to the network code we hope to integrate after testing (thanks!).
I hope we can maintain a nice dynamic like LTC and PPC and help keep each other's codebase functional.

I'm 50% Monero / 50% Boolberry. The rest must die.

I can't understand. When do I put several computers together on same address hashrate accumulate ?

Yes (sort of).

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Who cares?
I htink we need to have pool BEFORE hitting an exchange.
If we  hit an exchange, it will be very difficult, or impossible, for "normal miners" to find a bloc in solo.
There is no urge to be listed on an exchange, we can let the community grow before that, and to have proper tools to show to investors too, like pools, standalone mining software with stratum, user friendly (aka noob) wallet GUI etc..

I like the BBR / boolberry name.

this, pool is badly needed  Undecided

Pool bounty required.
Activity: 994
Merit: 500
Is there a pool in the works for this coin?
Activity: 70
I'm ziplibrary from ShareXcoin: http://sharexcoin.com/
We planned  to add boolberry on sharexcoin but still having some issues compiling the wallet. Will try it again on another platform and let you guys knnow hwne boolberry is added.
Jump to: