Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 457. (Read 1210753 times)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10
Is there a point to solo mine this?
Runing the daemon I saw a pretty high diff, so I was wondering is there any point in solo mining this coin with about 180 000 h/s ?
What is
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
I have a question regarding the possibility of alias squatting:

Would it be possible to run a script that systematically registers all possible combinations of letters and numbers to reserve those just like URLs, etc? If so, I would strongly advise to add some cost for reserving an alias to counter this behaviour.

Maybe I didnt understnad yet how the alias system works. Pls educate me! Grin
Aliases can only be registered when you find blocks. You can only register one per block. Once it becomes very hard to find blocks, I think it should be possible to register one for a fee, but that is not implemented now.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
I have a question regarding the possibility of alias squatting:

Would it be possible to run a script that systematically registers all possible combinations of letters and numbers to reserve those just like URLs, etc? If so, I would strongly advise to add some cost for reserving an alias to counter this behaviour.

Maybe I didnt understnad yet how the alias system works. Pls educate me! Grin
Activity: 406
Great news. Long life for this project
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
Good news!

We have new release (v0.1.1.9(a0da0f5))
* added strict rules for alias use
* miner turned to work on one shared scratchpad (more effective CPU cache memory utilize)
* solved problem with stuck transactions
  * added tx pool livetime
  * added check in wallet that will note allow to produce to big transaction
  * changed wallet policy for collecting outs for transaction (7-8 times smaller transaction's size)
* added checkpoints
* added parameters to munin graph (network estimate hashrate, scratchpad size)
* added blocking ip that acts with network rules violation (mining own blockchain without consider checkpoints, push peerlists with last_seen in futute, invalid blocks e.t.c)
* cleaned up some network bugs, added removing dead connections

Please update your software.
http://boolberry.com/downloads.html

Good "luck"!

PS: Developers who is going to make a pool for boolb, please PM me.

Would you compile for 64-bit Linux? I am bad with Linux. I compiled on one machine and it works but cannot copy to another machine and make it work.

First, zoidberg, thank you for the good work!

Have also this issue. I do it like btc-Mike and simplewallet works, but boolbd produced an error.

Code:
Date Time Starting...
Date Time ERROR /root/boolberry/src/daemon/daemon.cpp:220[int main(int, char**)]Exception at [main], what=locale::facet::_S_create_c_locale name not valid

I can not compile it on the another machine, because the memory is to smal and i can not expand the swap.

also not good in Linux.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
Good news!

* miner turned to work on one shared scratchpad (more effective CPU cache memory utilize)
  * added tx pool livetime
  * changed wallet policy for collecting outs for transaction (7-8 times smaller transaction's size)
* added checkpoints
* added blocking ip that acts with network rules violation (mining own blockchain without consider checkpoints, push peerlists with last_seen in futute, invalid blocks e.t.c)

Good "luck"!

Would you compile for 64-bit Linux? I am bad with Linux. I compiled on one machine and it works but cannot copy to another machine and make it work.
Activity: 976
Merit: 646
Good news!

* added tx pool livetime
* added checkpoints

Good "luck"!

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
another question(s)..
With MRO/QCN etc coins, mining with hyperthreading is less efficient, restricting to physical core give better hashrate.

With boolberry, i have better hashrate with HT than without, normal (i'm not complaining!)

Mining for 5 hours now, no blocs found yet (with 2.6MHs)
Activity: 138
Use the official tool
INTER-CPU, 30 core. 6 hours nothing
Normal right

I'm mining with 7 threads on an 8320 on my GPU mining rig, and 3 threads on the i5-3570k on my desktop.  After 24 hours found 2 blocks, so give it time.

Support multiple wallet dig together an account?
How did i see if i found a bloc ? in the wallet directly, or is there some kind of message in boolbd ?

use the "refresh" command in the wallet
How did i see if i found a bloc ? in the wallet directly, or is there some kind of message in boolbd ?
Good call. I tried with swap but got same error. I will setup a VM on my desktop with more RAM (4GB).

Did you use "make -j" as in the instructions? It means make does not limit number of simultaneous jobs (g++/gcc/etc).
Try doing just "make", or "make -j2".

Yes. Restarted make job. Much slower this time so it appears not be simultaneous this time.

Almost got the VM going, so I will compile one way or another.

Thanks for help.

Compile on ubuntu14 VM. It works on vm. I FTP to to my hosted server (centos i think). Wget to another ubunto14. I get a segmentation fault.

Argghhh
legendary
Activity: 1106
Follows https://twitter.com/secparam and tells everybody that CryptoNote is a better technology than what Darkcoin uses  Grin
Good call. I tried with swap but got same error. I will setup a VM on my desktop with more RAM (4GB).

Did you use "make -j" as in the instructions? It means make does not limit number of simultaneous jobs (g++/gcc/etc).

Yes. Restarted make job. Much slower this time so it appears not be simultaneous this time.

Almost got the VM going, so I will compile one way or another.

Thanks for help.
Activity: 280
Who cares?
So, if i understand well, if i want to solomine with several computers, i have to install boolbd and sync on each one, and then start mining on each (with the same wallet address) ?

I think so, until someone can make a simple miner for boolb.
Guys,

Should we set up a chat room in freenode.com? It would help community building a lot.

Please do. Just call it boolberry for now.
So, if i understand well, if i want to solomine with several computers, i have to install boolbd and sync on each one, and then start mining on each (with the same wallet address) ?
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131

"make" alone work all the time.
Also recommend a fresh install of boost 1.55
legendary
Activity: 1106
Guys,

Should we set up a chat room in freenode.com? It would help community building a lot.
Activity: 336

Jump to: