Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 455. (Read 1210753 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 10
I have a question regarding the possibility of alias squatting:

Would it be possible to run a script that systematically registers all possible combinations of letters and numbers to reserve those just like URLs, etc? If so, I would strongly advise to add some cost for reserving an alias to counter this behaviour.

Maybe I didnt understnad yet how the alias system works. Pls educate me! Grin
Aliases can only be registered when you find blocks. You can only register one per block. Once it becomes very hard to find blocks, I think it should be possible to register one for a fee, but that is not implemented now.

Its already hard for the common user to find a block. I find the alias feature a much needed innovation in the crypto space, especially with cryptonote's insanely long addresses. To make aliases an attainable and affordable feature for everyone, I'd like to petition the introduction of aliases-for-a-fee in the comming updates!

5 days to get a block is not insanely hard. in a world where people pace infront of the microwave, we need to exercise patience. think about what is being developed and look to the long term not the short term gains. if short term gains are what interest you most please
1. develop your own gpu
2. invest on exchanges
3. adopt / change your mentality.

Activity: 976
Merit: 646

Would it be possible to run a script that systematically registers all possible combinations of letters and numbers to reserve those just like URLs, etc? If so, I would strongly advise to add some cost for reserving an alias to counter this behaviour.

Aliases can only be registered when you find blocks. You can only register one per block. Once it becomes very hard to find blocks, I think it should be possible to register one for a fee, but that is not implemented now.

Its already hard for the common user to find a block. I find the alias feature a much needed innovation in the crypto space, especially with cryptonote's insanely long addresses. To make aliases an attainable and affordable feature for everyone, I'd like to petition the introduction of aliases-for-a-fee in the comming updates!
Alias will stay only one per block, it's can't be changed.
Pool will offer alias registering as another profitable feature.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Who cares?
I htink we need to have pool BEFORE hitting an exchange.
If we  hit an exchange, it will be very difficult, or impossible, for "normal miners" to find a bloc in solo.
There is no urge to be listed on an exchange, we can let the community grow before that, and to have proper tools to show to investors too, like pools, standalone mining software with stratum, user friendly (aka noob) wallet GUI etc..

I like the BBR / boolberry name.

1st BBR pool name: "Poolberry" ..  Cheesy?

kek
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
If we  hit an exchange, it will be very difficult, or impossible, for "normal miners" to find a bloc in solo.
There is no urge to be listed on an exchange, we can let the community grow before that, and to have proper tools to show to investors too, like pools, standalone mining software with stratum, user friendly (aka noob) wallet GUI etc..

1st BBR pool name: "Poolberry" ..  Cheesy?
legendary
Activity: 1022

Activity: 556
Merit: 501

+1
4 days mining with i7 4770K= 0 block found.  Sad
Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Activity: 50
Merit: 0
We badly need pool.
I started mining 24h ago. With my hashrate and the current difficulty, i should find 2 to 3 bloc. I found only one. I know it's also a matter of luck, but it's frustating.

We need to settle on a name so this coin can be listed on poloniex.  We also need to set up a bounty or something for incentive to develop pool software, I don't think it would be hard for a decent coder because the ground work for BCN clones has already been put in by the monero devs.  If the coin does well, this board will receive a lot of attention, and someone will want to claim the pool bounty at that point.  Just my 2 cents.

+1 name and decent logo Smiley
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Who cares?
We badly need pool.
I started mining 24h ago. With my hashrate and the current difficulty, i should find 2 to 3 bloc. I found only one. I know it's also a matter of luck, but it's frustating.

We need to settle on a name so this coin can be listed on poloniex.  We also need to set up a bounty or something for incentive to develop pool software, I don't think it would be hard for a decent coder because the ground work for BCN clones has already been put in by the monero devs.  If the coin does well, this board will receive a lot of attention, and someone will want to claim the pool bounty at that point.  Just my 2 cents.
We badly need pool.
Good news!

We have new release (v0.1.1.9(a0da0f5))
* added strict rules for alias use
* miner turned to work on one shared scratchpad (more effective CPU cache memory utilize)
* solved problem with stuck transactions
  * added tx pool livetime
  * added check in wallet that will note allow to produce to big transaction
  * changed wallet policy for collecting outs for transaction (7-8 times smaller transaction's size)
* added checkpoints
* added parameters to munin graph (network estimate hashrate, scratchpad size)
* added blocking ip that acts with network rules violation (mining own blockchain without consider checkpoints, push peerlists with last_seen in futute, invalid blocks e.t.c)
* cleaned up some network bugs, added removing dead connections

Please update your software.
http://boolberry.com/downloads.html

Good "luck"!

PS: Developers who is going to make a pool for boolb, please PM me.

Would you compile for 64-bit Linux? I am bad with Linux. I compiled on one machine and it works but cannot copy to another machine and make it work.

I STILL NEED THIS !!
Try this
Code:
rm -rf build; mkdir -p build/release; cd build/release; cmake -D STATIC=ON  -D CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release ../..; make -j daemon;cd ../..;
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
Good news!

We have new release (v0.1.1.9(a0da0f5))
* added strict rules for alias use
* miner turned to work on one shared scratchpad (more effective CPU cache memory utilize)
* solved problem with stuck transactions
  * added tx pool livetime
  * added check in wallet that will note allow to produce to big transaction
  * changed wallet policy for collecting outs for transaction (7-8 times smaller transaction's size)
* added checkpoints
* added parameters to munin graph (network estimate hashrate, scratchpad size)
* added blocking ip that acts with network rules violation (mining own blockchain without consider checkpoints, push peerlists with last_seen in futute, invalid blocks e.t.c)
* cleaned up some network bugs, added removing dead connections

Please update your software.
http://boolberry.com/downloads.html

Good "luck"!

PS: Developers who is going to make a pool for boolb, please PM me.

Would you compile for 64-bit Linux? I am bad with Linux. I compiled on one machine and it works but cannot copy to another machine and make it work.

I STILL NEED THIS !!
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
Woohoo! Found another block on my i7 Cheesy Now I'm up to 2 found hehe...

Congrats!
Activity: 140
Merit: 12
Woohoo! Found another block on my i7 Cheesy Now I'm up to 2 found hehe...
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
crypto zoid.

at one point you suspected that a gpu was privately developed to mine bbr. do you feel it is still the case.

if the above is true, do you feel that now that bbr is mature (more than at the beggining) and requiring more scratch pad ( do not know if this is correct term) that cpu is regaining ground on effeciency compared to gpu and in the long run be as profitabile or more than gpu.

thanks.
Hashrate down 25% on AMD A5-5800 with new release, can I keep using the old one?Huh?

Hashrate is decreasing due to scrtchpad is increasing. On all machines.
If you feel that new build is not so fast as prev, check hashrate on old build on the current height before make conclusion.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Can anyone please tell me if it's still viable to mine BBR via a single CPU? (i7)
It's hard these days if you can only mine with an average rig (and without GPU for various reasons) so I'd like to know if it's worth it before I stop my current mining setup.

Thanks!

I just found a block overnight on my i7 3770. It's possible.

How many H/s do you get?
Merit: 12
Can anyone please tell me if it's still viable to mine BBR via a single CPU? (i7)
It's hard these days if you can only mine with an average rig (and without GPU for various reasons) so I'd like to know if it's worth it before I stop my current mining setup.

Thanks!

I just found a block overnight on my i7 3770. It's possible.

Thanks!
strange thing : on one computer, i put the new version : same hashrate. I reboot the computer : lower hashrate.. Huh
edit : another reboot : return of precedent hashrate (same as yesterday) Huh
Jump to: