Pages:
Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 87. (Read 1210749 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 256
I think Dev should care more about BBR coin! A good coin and had time to challenge,
To die is a pity
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
FYI, everyone, theneonirvana on Slack helped find a bug in bbr daemon rpc command when getting block info that caused it to report full donation amount for "donation" blocks that are the 1% dev fee. It happens every 720 blocks and is 1% of the entire mining reward, so a pool would mine one of those blocks and think it earned that donation amount, for example it would be like 72 coins reported when really the block only earned 8.3.
Because of this bug, it is like the pools have been paying back the 1% dev fee to miners, so you're welcome  Smiley

This is a bad bug that I have failed to find and knew something was wrong for a long long time. PCFiL from bbr.poolto.be has been asking me for a fix for a long time, and I could never find a problem with the pool code to explain the random loss of funds, but it was because it is in the daemon.

Here's the commit that fixes it https://github.com/clintar/boolberry/commit/f601f8373d2b09ee6c07388ba5633110b241dc17

Every pool owner really should apply this.
I think that all changes and bug fixes are all great contributors, not just for BBR coin but for other currencies. Currently BBR is not good but I hope the good will come back to this coin at next  time. Thanks to all
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
FYI, everyone, theneonirvana on Slack helped find a bug in bbr daemon rpc command when getting block info that caused it to report full donation amount for "donation" blocks that are the 1% dev fee. It happens every 720 blocks and is 1% of the entire mining reward, so a pool would mine one of those blocks and think it earned that donation amount, for example it would be like 72 coins reported when really the block only earned 8.3.
Because of this bug, it is like the pools have been paying back the 1% dev fee to miners, so you're welcome  Smiley

This is a bad bug that I have failed to find and knew something was wrong for a long long time. PCFiL from bbr.poolto.be has been asking me for a fix for a long time, and I could never find a problem with the pool code to explain the random loss of funds, but it was because it is in the daemon.

Here's the commit that fixes it https://github.com/clintar/boolberry/commit/f601f8373d2b09ee6c07388ba5633110b241dc17

Great work again. Thanks.
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
Because of this bug, it is like the pools have been paying back the 1% dev fee to miners, so you're welcome  Smiley

Hi all,

Fix applied on http://bbr.poolto.be

Thanks a lot to clintar for all his job on this coin  Cheesy  Wink

another point, Poloniex delisted BBR which is sad  Cry

anyway, there are several other places to trade BBR :

Bittrexx : https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-XBB
BTER : https://bter.com/trade/bbr_btc

and certainly more.
Activity: 202
Merit: 104

Activity: 112
can i get a slack invite link ??
Activity: 94
so quiet here..

can I get an invite to official BBR slack, please?
Activity: 798
cross posted from here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.18781170

Boolberry Network Address April 27th 2017

BOOLBERRY DELISTED FROM POLONIEX, BLOCKCHAIN DEVELOPMENT COMPANY NO LONGER INVOLVED

A liquid market for Boolberry is a prerequisite for my firm’s involvement, so with the delisting from Poloniex my firm won’t be involved until a liquid market forms elsewhere, currently this would be available on Bittrex and simply requires market participants to post liquidity there.

Changelly, Circle, and other OTC markets were candidates for a liquid secondary market on my firm’s amended roadmap, but the sunk cost risks and lack of liquidity is too great without an existing liquid market to properly align economic incentives.

Boolberry’s resource requirements continue to grow, and currently only Clintar2 is working on the lmdb implementation, alone - which would alleviate the resource requirements - but has repeatedly expressed the lack of available time to work on it due to life obligations.

Fluffypony made myself and Crypto_Zoidberg aware of a double spend vulnerability which affects all cryptonote coins. They have patched it on Monero a long time ago and plan to disclose it mid May.

Between these problems, the lack of support and consensus from the community, and lack of liquid market: good luck with Zoidberg!

Blockchain Development Company’s public project has propelled its partnerships in key areas of the finance and blockchain sector, providing premier research to incumbents and funds seeking exposure to public blockchains, and has established relationships with representatives of Silicon Valley Bank, CME Group, Deloitte and various liquidity providers.

I’d personally like to thank trollbox for the inaccurate, humorous and free advertisements, there will be more projects the crypto community can get involved in.

The roadmap for Boolberry is clear, and you can carry the baton to complete it, as well.

vWell apart from talking up some interest I don't see what your company actually did in terms of developing bbr anyway right?

So apart from the part were xmr are planning to divulge how to double spend on these coins i see we are left just praying clintar and cz can do something to save us.

The fact you mention your company will take up positions in other cryptonote projects and not hold bbr right now shows a complete lack disregard for the rest of the community here. Why mention that fact at all just do it without trying to rub it in.

Block chain dev company or whatever it is called is probably not going to be a welcome site for any project from now on. They arrive talk up some action, do nothing of tangible use in terms of coding then weasel away first obstacle that comes along.

I'm glad you tried but in the end you need designers and coders that can actually do something. Talking and dreaming is fun but then it's back to reality in the end.

If there had of been some coding and real development that was evident to polo then perhaps it would not have been delisted.

I'm not saying you are 100% to blame since only clintar tried to actually tried to do some real tangible work.

For clarity, I reached out to clintar and others prior developers from the git repository information (emails are listed) to get them back into the development. Its been a rocky road and there have been contributors that have come and gone, aside from clintar.

With development, the primary roadblock is getting code that worked on all three platforms. Some code changes worked on windows but not stable on linux/osx, so it couldn't be released as binaries.

Activist investors don't act like founders. There's no expectation to get married to a network or pretend like its going to underpin all e-commerce, I've been very transparent about that from the beginning, hoping to inspire development on the network and bring more realistic maturity to this asset class. There is still greater and valuable utility available for Boolberry, without the maximalist e-commerce meme that most cryptocurrency founders try to perpetuate.

What people (my actual constituents, not trollbox) like about what my company showed is the sustained liquidity improvements (daily volume), sustained network security improvements (new pools, hashrate increasing by thousands of percent), and associated exchange rate improvements, creating book value for all holders on the network. My constituents (incumbent financial institutions) don't get to touch public blockchains, and this project primarily showed them what is possible as there are a lot of undervalued assets. That worked, its very successful. Some things didn't work, its fine.

Dollar valuation still 200% higher than when we started, but obviously in comparison to bitcoin and other growth assets in this sector, the sunk cost becomes apparent.

I need a liquid market to continue, form one, fix the RAM issue, and we'll see.
One way perfect for you, can not resolve solution to determine the problem
Activity: 505
Activist Investor

BOOLBERRY DELISTED FROM POLONIEX, BLOCKCHAIN DEVELOPMENT COMPANY NO LONGER INVOLVED

A liquid market for Boolberry is a prerequisite for my firm’s involvement, so with the delisting from Poloniex my firm won’t be involved until a liquid market forms elsewhere, currently this would be available on Bittrex and simply requires market participants to post liquidity there.

Changelly, Circle, and other OTC markets were candidates for a liquid secondary market on my firm’s amended roadmap, but the sunk cost risks and lack of liquidity is too great without an existing liquid market to properly align economic incentives.

Boolberry’s resource requirements continue to grow, and currently only Clintar2 is working on the lmdb implementation, alone - which would alleviate the resource requirements - but has repeatedly expressed the lack of available time to work on it due to life obligations.

Fluffypony made myself and Crypto_Zoidberg aware of a double spend vulnerability which affects all cryptonote coins. They have patched it on Monero a long time ago and plan to disclose it mid May.

Between these problems, the lack of support and consensus from the community, and lack of liquid market: good luck with Zoidberg!

Blockchain Development Company’s public project has propelled its partnerships in key areas of the finance and blockchain sector, providing premier research to incumbents and funds seeking exposure to public blockchains, and has established relationships with representatives of Silicon Valley Bank, CME Group, Deloitte and various liquidity providers.

I’d personally like to thank trollbox for the inaccurate, humorous and free advertisements, there will be more projects the crypto community can get involved in.

The roadmap for Boolberry is clear, and you can carry the baton to complete it, as well.

vWell apart from talking up some interest I don't see what your company actually did in terms of developing bbr anyway right?

So apart from the part were xmr are planning to divulge how to double spend on these coins i see we are left just praying clintar and cz can do something to save us.

The fact you mention your company will take up positions in other cryptonote projects and not hold bbr right now shows a complete lack disregard for the rest of the community here. Why mention that fact at all just do it without trying to rub it in.

Block chain dev company or whatever it is called is probably not going to be a welcome site for any project from now on. They arrive talk up some action, do nothing of tangible use in terms of coding then weasel away first obstacle that comes along.

I'm glad you tried but in the end you need designers and coders that can actually do something. Talking and dreaming is fun but then it's back to reality in the end.

If there had of been some coding and real development that was evident to polo then perhaps it would not have been delisted.

I'm not saying you are 100% to blame since only clintar tried to actually tried to do some real tangible work.

For clarity, I reached out to clintar and others prior developers from the git repository information (emails are listed) to get them back into the development. Its been a rocky road and there have been contributors that have come and gone, aside from clintar.

With development, the primary roadblock is getting code that worked on all three platforms. Some code changes worked on windows but not stable on linux/osx, so it couldn't be released as binaries.

Activist investors don't act like founders. There's no expectation to get married to a network or pretend like its going to underpin all e-commerce, I've been very transparent about that from the beginning, hoping to inspire development on the network and bring more realistic maturity to this asset class. There is still greater and valuable utility available for Boolberry, without the maximalist e-commerce meme that most cryptocurrency founders try to perpetuate.

What people (my actual constituents, not trollbox) like about what my company showed is the sustained liquidity improvements (daily volume), sustained network security improvements (new pools, hashrate increasing by thousands of percent), and associated exchange rate improvements, creating book value for all holders on the network. My constituents (incumbent financial institutions) don't get to touch public blockchains, and this project primarily showed them what is possible as there are a lot of undervalued assets. That worked, its very successful. Some things didn't work, its fine.

Dollar valuation still 200% higher than when we started, but obviously in comparison to bitcoin and other growth assets in this sector, the sunk cost becomes apparent.

I need a liquid market to continue, form one, fix the RAM issue, and we'll see.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

Activity: 337
Merit: 315
this stupid unnecessary ticker change created nothing but confusion (having 2 tickers on 2 exchanges)
Agreed. The X prefix seems important to some people, making the coin seem like established currencies like XAU. But the one coin that seriously competes with XAU is still better known as BTC than XBT or whatever. I think it shows that cryptocurrencies stand on their own and have no need to bend to the old world rules.

I don't care if its XBB or BBR it's still Boolberry.. although XBB follows a more foreign exchange naming convention that will help the currency in the later stages. The ticker change wasn't the reason for the delisting, they had some problem with the wallet they couldn't figure out for over a month.

Interesting.. so basically we need to send donations to Clintar2. In the broad view it looks like Clintar2 has been the only one working on Boolberry since October. Therefore the rises in marketcap were mainly due to expectations from his combined effort with cz. If that's correct, then your departure from this project apart from your bi-weekly updates isn't mission critical along with the delisting from Poloniex. You've contributed about the same or less to development as crypto_zoidberg during the last 8 months. Thank for you clarity. I personally would of thought you would stuck around to make a real contribution to the project to prove yourself to the general crypto community as a viable developer but that idea was far fetched.

What the project needs is actual development and updates from Clintar2 and crypto_zoidberg. They've worked together in the past so let's hope they are keen to bring this project back to the forefront. Poloniex isn't a kingmaker. PIVX along with many others have well on Bittrex without Poloniex.. Boolberry can do the same.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Coin needs a large number of developers, one can not change. More
Activist Investor

Activity: 1204
Merit: 501
Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol
Fix the wallet or send requests to someone who will fix it. Talking around  don't solve the problem. It is clear and easy to understand - this task is a top priority.
Activist Investor
And why on EARTH would you want to centralize the privacy into masternodes in a CN coin?  Terrible idea.  Masternodes are broken by design.

hahaha no no, the only goal was to compensate the most well connected full nodes, instead of only mining nodes. incentivizing people to create more well connected full nodes.

whether you call this masternodes (seen on dash), supernodes (seen on XEM), treasury (seen on Ethereum) is irrelevant. there was no plan to implement a redundant dash mixing system on a CN coin. The roadmap document described a system of superior nodes that would be compensated for the security they add to the network, this concept prevents sybil attacks by making a fixed balance of boolberry necessary to be considered. it creates a dividend earning capability for holders. The market has reaffirmed the value of systems like this time and time again, with improvements in liquidity WHILE the scarcity increases.

well that was amusing, next
Activist Investor

Good post but for now Poloniex is the main altcoin exchange by far. it seems especially for the older coins it's a lot of work for them to change the ticker. this stupid unnecessary ticker change created nothing but confusion (having 2 tickers on 2 exchanges) and with all the work needed, it was easier for Poloniex to simply delist it. same story with MYR.. i bet both coins would still be listed if not for the ticker change requests

I don't agree that Polo is biased against coins competing with XMR.. had they shut down fluffy's criticism people would be complaining about censorship.. also the chat mods are not managers and dont make any decisions. so are you saying this bias is part of their training then? just... no.

your comments about zoidberg are spot on

1 exchange now, no more confusion! Am I allowed to joke about that?

It isn't work for them to change ticker symbols, NEM did it easily to XEM. Poloniex's issues more likely came from RAM requirements. They typically segregate all daemons onto separate compute nodes, and getting high RAM nodes would be an abberation and time consuming to set up. Other cryptonote coins that didn't implement database have been kicked off too, like XDN in the last culling.

bi-weekly coming soon
Activity: 520
Merit: 253
this stupid unnecessary ticker change created nothing but confusion (having 2 tickers on 2 exchanges)
Agreed. The X prefix seems important to some people, making the coin seem like established currencies like XAU. But the one coin that seriously competes with XAU is still better known as BTC than XBT or whatever. I think it shows that cryptocurrencies stand on their own and have no need to bend to the old world rules.
Activity: 724
Merit: 500

Good post but for now Poloniex is the main altcoin exchange by far. it seems especially for the older coins it's a lot of work for them to change the ticker. this stupid unnecessary ticker change created nothing but confusion (having 2 tickers on 2 exchanges) and with all the work needed, it was easier for Poloniex to simply delist it. same story with MYR.. i bet both coins would still be listed if not for the ticker change requests

I don't agree that Polo is biased against coins competing with XMR.. had they shut down fluffy's criticism people would be complaining about censorship.. also the chat mods are not managers and dont make any decisions. so are you saying this bias is part of their training then? just... no.

your comments about zoidberg are spot on
Activity: 337
Merit: 315
Just got a response from Polo:

Hi Crypto Zoidberg,

Unfortunately from time to time we must make a call whether to keep a market or to remove it. I am afraid that there is not a single metric that we use but rather several factors that weigh in to this final decision. As much as we would like to keep the markets that we chose to list, it is inevitable that some will have to be removed at some point. I am afraid BBR is one of these on this occasion.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience but once a decision is made by Management on such matters it will ultimately not be reversed.

Best regards,

Kevin
Poloniex Support

So, let's figure out if there is a life after exchange.

Zoidberg

It should come as no surprise that Poloniex would delist Boolberry. They have always had a major bias towards any competition to XMR. During the last pump they banned users who stood up to fluffpony's XBB insults and let him rant in the trollbox with free reign. I personally can't find any logical explanation from a business perspective why they would delist Boolberry but keep some of the other projects like EMC2.. Boolberry was on an upward trend, trading in the 40k range before they announced their delisting schedule and the volume was decent in the 200BTC range.. usually delisting comes with coins that can't maintain consistent volume.

In my opinion, Poloniex is ran by an incompetent management team, particularly a guy who majored in music. Bittrex still lists Boolberry under XBB ticker and is ran by the both head of Amazon and Microsoft's cybersecurity departments. Boolberry wallet was disabled on Polo for over a month before anyone reached out to fix. Again in my opinion Poloniex functions as a ponzi exchange. They don't have any fiat pairings yet they impose fiat restrictions on their withdrawals. For those grandfathered into Bittrex, there aren't any withdrawal limits. Bittrex is the future for centralized altcoin exchanges, not Poloniex. They're also adding fiat pairings as soon as they clear with licensing.

crypto_zoidberg:

All this said, crypto_zoidberg you've neglected this project pretty heavily during the last few years.. most of the original holders have given up hope on you, but there is a new vibrant community growing here that would like to see this project succeed. You've had ample opportunity to recommit to this project especially after each of the major pumps that have came around. I don't think anyone will become apart of your other project after they've seen how you've driven this one into the ground. In October, you said all your work from now on will be related to the Boolberry project... its now 8 months later and we haven't seen anything but empty promises and fighting with new contributors about trivial shit like ticker change to XBB (which is far more professional than BBR). I even donated 20k XBB to you when it was being trading in the 30k range which is a substantial amount and still nothing..

What this project needs now is more development. Clintar2 is working with 1block and according to them, they have a working version of LMDB. Why not help them move this forward faster and look at merging some of the many improvements made from the Bytecoin project? Maybe it would be quicker to make a new fork of Bytecoin and merge your Boolberry improvements for Boolberry 2.0. We'd get a slew of protocol level improvements along with useability improvements to the GUI. For someone of your caliber this wouldn't take long.

The future is great for Boolberry and this delisting represents a buying opp for those that missed the other entries at this range. One major hack and volume will move from Poloniex to Bittrex just like it has from countless other exchanges over the years. By looking at who is in charge of security at Poloniex that won't be long. The real focus here should be Boolberry 2.0 and how do we get there from here.
Activity: 976
Merit: 646
Just got a response from Polo:

Hi Crypto Zoidberg,

Unfortunately from time to time we must make a call whether to keep a market or to remove it. I am afraid that there is not a single metric that we use but rather several factors that weigh in to this final decision. As much as we would like to keep the markets that we chose to list, it is inevitable that some will have to be removed at some point. I am afraid BBR is one of these on this occasion.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience but once a decision is made by Management on such matters it will ultimately not be reversed.

Best regards,

Kevin
Poloniex Support

So, let's figure out if there is a life after exchange.

Zoidberg
Pages:
Jump to: