Pages:
Author

Topic: BCC/BCH - page 3. (Read 2800 times)

Activity: 79
Merit: 1
August 18, 2017, 04:54:48 PM

This may true that most holders dumped their BCH. However, it is making a lot of gains and seems to be a viable alternative to BTC, especially for those who cannot or will not pay $4200 for one BTC. I can see BCH gaining a lot of ground on BTC by end of year. We'll see...
[/quote]

Remember that even if previous holders dumped their BCH: for every seller, there is a buyer. Only other alternative would be to send BCH to an address in Nirvana and destroy the private key. I seriously doubt that all buyers of the dumped BCH have not been BTC hodlers/investors before.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
August 18, 2017, 04:51:48 PM
Yes it seems as if BTC will die off and Bitcoin Cash will become the main chain/Bitcoin.
BTC will die??? I think you are kidding, look at the reputation of bitcoin, everyone start interest in bitcoin because of its price and you here say that bitcoin will die, all the users of bitcoin have completely trust on bitcoin because their future depend on bitcoin, some users invest all of their savings to bitcoin you know why? Because they know that bitcoin never dies and become stable in next hundred years.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085
Money often costs too much.
August 18, 2017, 04:45:53 PM
It depends on for how long the pump can be sustained. There's no real demand for BCash, someone must be pumping it. That "someone" could be the usual suspects (The Roger Ver - Jihan Wu - Craig Wright connection), or it could be also a random whale group pumping it to, obviously, dump it once people that are absolutely clueless of what's going on, think that BCash is going to reach parity with the real Bitcoin.

It will be fun to watch, the manipulation is huge on any Bitcoin fork because people perceive it as "free money".
There are rumors that Mr. Wu got backed by his local government. Which isn't that much of a tiny local gov, at all.
Regarding the Wright assumption of beeing Satoshi himself ?! Well related to the early group of bitcoiners, maybe, he has been. Proof pending.
Roger is just Roger. An unique kind of his own.

Difficult to forecast how far their influence can reach. In an ideal setup the miners would decide upon which chain to follow. And there is a handicap. "The miners" aren't you or me anymore Sad
Big miners will persue the profit for sure. Take a look at the mining revenue possible on each chain, and you'll see which one wins.
Activity: 79
Merit: 1
August 18, 2017, 04:26:20 PM
Can someone please explain how this "pumping" actually is supposed to work?
How can a whale or any other party pump the price of an asset on a global scale across so many different exchanges?
As many posters are referring to "pumping", I hope that you can explain.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
August 18, 2017, 04:18:29 PM
Flippening is coming. You've been warned.

Bitcoin Cash is the true Bitcoin.

Really? I don't believe it. There are too many investments and developments revolving around BTC. Have you seen what Japan has done in the past year? And now Australia may follow suit. I can see BTC Cash integrating, but not taking BTC's place.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
August 18, 2017, 03:51:56 PM
Flippening is coming. You've been warned.

Bitcoin Cash is the true Bitcoin.

legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
August 18, 2017, 03:23:20 PM
BCH is looking very similar to ETH.

ETH developers tried to find ways to boost the value of ETH over the short term.

This led to ETH imploding as an overvalued bubble and people losing faith in it.

BCH developers look to be following the same gameplan ETH developers used.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash
August 18, 2017, 03:13:01 PM
in bitfinex exchange the price of :
  BCC = 3550 usd = 0887
  BCH = 583 usd = 0.13668

and i think the price will grow up with time.

What is BCC and BCH?  I thought there was only bitcoin cash?  Now there is two?  I don't get it.

BCC  and BCH is an abbreviation of the same coin.
But the author probably wanted to compare the coin of the traditional bitcoin with the bitcoin that appeared on August 1.
Now this coin is rapidly becoming more expensive
Activity: 153
Merit: 102
August 18, 2017, 02:59:03 PM
in bitfinex exchange the price of :
  BCC = 3550 usd = 0887
  BCH = 583 usd = 0.13668

and i think the price will grow up with time.

What is BCC and BCH?  I thought there was only bitcoin cash?  Now there is two?  I don't get it.
Activity: 451
Merit: 250
August 18, 2017, 02:57:48 PM
Although I believe bcc can still rise it has a lot of pumping or btc dumping before bcc will rival btc. Btc is market leader and I do not see that changing.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
August 18, 2017, 02:45:29 PM
Is bcc/bch will pump its price to the moon like btc?
Right now price of Bitcoin cash is pumping hard just because of some whales rather than due to natural demand for it. Bitcoin cash might not get to same price level of bitcoin but it might hold some value like 10% of BTC price in future. Current peak price is good for dumpers and I am expecting a huge dump on bitcoincash because of bitcoin whales who have thousands of free bitcoincash ready to dump.
well that's possible due to those free bch that has been gathered byt this whales after the split I also believe that they are behind of this pumped we really
cant say whether they will continue pumping this coin or they will dumped after seeing considerable value.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 503
BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn
August 18, 2017, 02:37:04 PM
Hold on to your BCC. I think it will move just like ETC did, and rise several months.

BCC price 0.15668BTC, I think it is getting pumped real hard and will reach back to its previous point of 0.3BTC or 0.4BTC. People are still claiming their BCC now and many will dump their BCC seeing the increase in the price.
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
August 18, 2017, 02:33:01 PM
Hold on to your BCC. I think it will move just like ETC did, and rise several months.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
August 18, 2017, 02:31:25 PM
It's obvious that BCH is just made for people to have more money on them to use as fuel to further increase the price on bitcoin. Have you observed that a week after consensus was reached, bitcoin suddenly surged up in price?

Using the word "pump" implies that the price moves are artificial, being manufactured by a few people. This isn't happening with Bitcoin...and I don't think it's happening with Bitcoin Cash.

You will never know. During 2013, no one knew that the price was pumped until someone took the records of Gox revealing that it was trusty Willy who was doing these fake trades. It's just a possibility but then again, as of today's current state, bitcoin is receiving natural growth thanks to big businessmen endorsing their positive side of the cryptocurrency.

I hope these two can coexist...if they both exist harmoniously we all win.

They can coexist same as to what other altcoins are currently to bitcoin. However we must accept the fact that BCH is categorized as yet another altcoin and can never be really a competition to bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006
August 18, 2017, 02:23:03 PM
Right now price of Bitcoin cash is pumping hard just because of some whales rather than due to natural demand for it. Bitcoin cash might not get to same price level of bitcoin but it might hold some value like 10% of BTC price in future. Current peak price is good for dumpers and I am expecting a huge dump on bitcoincash because of bitcoin whales who have thousands of free bitcoincash ready to dump.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
August 18, 2017, 02:18:16 PM
LIKE BTC?

BCH is not in anyway comparable to bitcoin. BCH is just another altcoin which has its own market. What all popularity it got by splitting off from Bitcoin is over. Now, some bulk holders or pump groups are pumping the coin and there is no solid reason behind the price increase. Thus, it will dump soon. Many have already forgotten about it.

As far as I am aware, and please correct me if I am wrong, but isn't really the only difference that BCH has 8MB max block size(actually it can be more if nodes/miners agree).

How exactly is it an altcoin when it does on-chain scaling? I would be interested to hear more about this as I haven't kept up on it to be honest.

I understand the majority here hates BCH, but I can't really understand why. Isn't it a good thing they split off from us and they can go away now?

It's an altcoin because it's just a hard fork that replicates the UTXO set. Most people realize by now that "on-chain scaling" includes Segwit's block size increase (and future optimizations like signature aggregation), so they realize fixes are on the way and Segwit will soon be usable.

Long term, sure, it's good if the BU crowd splits off. But if the split is significant, it could significantly hurt the combined market cap, given Metcalfe's Law.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
August 18, 2017, 02:04:10 PM
LIKE BTC?

BCH is not in anyway comparable to bitcoin. BCH is just another altcoin which has its own market. What all popularity it got by splitting off from Bitcoin is over. Now, some bulk holders or pump groups are pumping the coin and there is no solid reason behind the price increase. Thus, it will dump soon. Many have already forgotten about it.

As far as I am aware, and please correct me if I am wrong, but isn't really the only difference that BCH has 8MB max block size(actually it can be more if nodes/miners agree).

How exactly is it an altcoin when it does on-chain scaling? I would be interested to hear more about this as I haven't kept up on it to be honest.

I understand the majority here hates BCH, but I can't really understand why. Isn't it a good thing they split off from us and they can go away now?
Any coin which is not Bitcoin is simply Altcoin. It runs on different blockchain than that of Bitcoin and hence is different coin. The reason for hatred for BCH is because of all that fuss created by the fork was unnecessary when majority was supporting Segwit and lead to FUD and uncertainty in the market and hence a drop in price. Now most of the holders have dumped their BCH and most probably have forgotten too.

This may true that most holders dumped their BCH. However, it is making a lot of gains and seems to be a viable alternative to BTC, especially for those who cannot or will not pay $4200 for one BTC. I can see BCH gaining a lot of ground on BTC by end of year. We'll see...
Activity: 896
Merit: 521
August 18, 2017, 01:50:23 PM
LIKE BTC?

Any coin which is not Bitcoin is simply Altcoin. It runs on different blockchain than that of Bitcoin and hence is different coin. The reason for hatred for BCH is because of all that fuss created by the fork was unnecessary when majority was supporting Segwit and lead to FUD and uncertainty in the market and hence a drop in price. Now most of the holders have dumped their BCH and most probably have forgotten too.
Activity: 756
August 18, 2017, 01:11:02 PM

It took years of surviving for bitcoin to reach where it is today which is not really something ordinary on internet, as there are hundreds or currencies made every month but they cannot survive at all because they cannot get the user base needed for a project. Bitcoin Cash will have to pass this period as well, and if it could survive it, it may reach somewhere, but nowhere near bitcoin.
Activity: 700
August 18, 2017, 01:10:24 PM
LIKE BTC?

Pages:
Jump to: