Author

Topic: [BCN] Bytecoin. Secure, private, untraceable since 2012 - page 164. (Read 1070171 times)

Activity: 450
Merit: 250
Developers have lost the coins.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029
Dash is a shitcoin with a premine as well.. Monero is the only fair and good clone to come from bytecoin forks. BCN is close to dead if not already and it's almost mined out with no devs left either. Good riddance, it was always a scam anyhow.
I'm still making good profits on the coin through trading on Polo - the price isn't as volatile as it was 6 months ago however, but still nice to get a 20% payout every week or two.
I think that almost 96% of the coins is in the hands of the developers that does not give impetus to speculation in the markets and suggests for a healthy introduction to life with minimal expenses, meaning redemption from the holders or the control of large balances, I think that having this balance, medium-term investors will go easier on contact
I heard somewhere on here that the devs had sold or distributed most of their coins when BCN was first released. I'm quite surprised that there wasn't a massive sell-off of what was remaining when the price briefly hit 11/12 satoshi a few months ago - there was quite a lot of demand for BCN back then.
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
www.pumpmycoin.com
Dash is a shitcoin with a premine as well.. Monero is the only fair and good clone to come from bytecoin forks. BCN is close to dead if not already and it's almost mined out with no devs left either. Good riddance, it was always a scam anyhow.
I'm still making good profits on the coin through trading on Polo - the price isn't as volatile as it was 6 months ago however, but still nice to get a 20% payout every week or two.
I think that almost 96% of the coins is in the hands of the developers that does not give impetus to speculation in the markets and suggests for a healthy introduction to life with minimal expenses, meaning redemption from the holders or the control of large balances, I think that having this balance, medium-term investors will go easier on contact
legendary
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

i agree DSH is a shitcoin, depends on how we look at it, i for one look at it as BCN continuation, i have speculated BCN might die due to 82% premine so a 100% clone of it might be a good shit/shot  Cheesy

mining Dash had given me a few more XMR btw, it was more profitable mining DSH and exchanging it to XMR at poloniex back then for quite some time...decided i'll keep a few DSH too

there is no premine, i'll qoute this from the old Dash thread. (anyone can read the old Dash thread for any investigation btw  Wink)

I, for one, have been submitting requests to exchanges to get it listed. So we can finaly have some decent controversy and drama. Mining alone gets pretty boring.

It seems this is the only Cryptonote coin without controversy and drama..can it be true, a troll free Cryptonote coin?

I will mine  Grin

That's because it's not on an exchange.

Dash the Darkcoin/Xcoin do have a premine/instamine  Grin
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059
BCN Community Website: http://bytecoiner.org/
Bytecoin Forum: https://bytecointalk.org

DEAD??

both sites are down? blockchain don't sync anymore?

people here is a 100% clone of bytecoin with 0% premine, was released July 2014 when nvidia(gpu), amd(gpu), cpu mining were optimized...also when linux, windows and mac were all capable to mine cryptonote..botnets didn't infest this coin. blockchain syncs, network works...coin distribution is of course better than bytecoin..

Dashcoin [DSH] https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/dsh-dashcoin-cryptonote-update-new-sourcewalletsgui-1010-1020627...maybe people/the community will continue bytecoin development using Dashcoin

Activity: 51
Merit: 1
I have a wallet file created with the GUI client 1.0.9. That wallet file doesn't seem to work with the reference client 2.0.0. Can anyone confirm this? I even changed the wallet's password to avoid special characters. I can open a new wallet created in 2.0.0.

I'm not in a hurry to move the coins. If I wait for GUI 2.0.0, will this be fixed? Or should I just send all the coins to an exchange from the 1.0.9 wallet and then send it to a new 2.0.0 wallet?

Also, this 2.0.0 wallet is creating the wallet file in the program directory instead of the (usual) ~/.bytecoin location.
legendary
This is nice, keep the coins folks till it reach 10-12 sat, don't sale!
Sorry, my strategy is to buy at 5 and sell at 6 and ride the market - Price is at the 5-6 range again - great profits at this range =)

in this way the price will never rise above 10 sat.

In my opinion, price will rise with demand for the coin, demand can grow when people understand they get the opportunity to make 20% on a single trade in a few days, that will increase volume which will increase price, and reduce profits per trade, which may reduce price avgain. If there is more liquidity and volume then the price can rise. If the is no liquidity, then there is no chance to create volume.

You can make more BTC on volatility than waiting some weeks/months until/if the price hits 10 again.
If the price of BCN ever hits 4 sat again, watch the volume soar.
legendary
Sorry, my strategy is to buy at 5 and sell at 6 and ride the market - Price is at the 5-6 range again - great profits at this range =)

In my opinion, price will rise with demand for the coin, demand can grow when people understand they get the opportunity to make 20% on a single trade in a few days, that will increase volume which will increase price, and reduce profits per trade, which may reduce price avgain. If there is more liquidity and volume then the price can rise. If the is no liquidity, then there is no chance to create volume.

You can make more BTC on volatility than waiting some weeks/months until/if the price hits 10 again.
Activity: 800
Merit: 143

legendary
Activity: 800
Merit: 143
legendary
Getting some great profits from BCN right now - I love it when the price is low and a bit of volatility.
Just got my second round of profit in of the 5-6 satoshi buy/sell cycle. Nice amount of profit in - looks like volume is picking up again, so price may be back to 7 sat very shortly =(
Looks like the price is now back at 7sat and volume is back up to 4BTC, there are now buy orders in at 6sat, yesterday, they were sell orders, not no many sells at 7sat but a lot more are in at 8 sat.
legendary
Getting some great profits from BCN right now - I love it when the price is low and a bit of volatility.
Just got my second round of profit in of the 5-6 satoshi buy/sell cycle. Nice amount of profit in - looks like volume is picking up again, so price may be back to 7 sat very shortly =(
legendary
I never understood this coin, not mentioning the price which makes it even more ridicules.
I mean how can someone profit mining this coin?
The profit is all in the trading - each time the price shifts by 1 sat there 10-20% profit. When there is a lot of volatility in the coin profits can be pretty big. Volume is down right now and there aren't so many blocks left to mine - so risk has increased. For me the risk/reward balance is still fine with the amount I have invested - but I certainly wouldn't pump my life savings into the coin.

I was mining a while back, the huge number of coins generated per day gave me a higher return than XMR at the time, add the trading increase of 10-20% per trade too and rewards were pretty good. XMR has since soared in value so XMR is a better bet for mining now.
copper member
Activity: 1330
Merit: 899
🖤😏
I never understood this coin, not mentioning the price which makes it even more ridicules.
I mean how can someone profit mining this coin?
eeX
Activity: 961
Merit: 500
Soldo.IN [SLD]
So where are the devs?
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
BTW - http://bytecointalk.org/ is dead now Sad
So all my worst fears are confirmed now.
bytecointalk.org died 1 or 2 months ago and was never really used.

Google trends is the most accurate metric about the growth of a blockchain:
https://www.google.com/trends/explore?q=bytecoin
eeX
Activity: 961
Merit: 500
Soldo.IN [SLD]
BTW - http://bytecointalk.org/ is dead now Sad
So all my worst fears are confirmed now.
Jump to: