Author

Topic: [BCN] Bytecoin. Secure, private, untraceable since 2012 - page 168. (Read 1070171 times)

legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
I have read tons of rage against this coin from Monero community(that accuse of scam every other coin to be honest), but still is unclear why someone claim scam. How can tell this? the fact was announced here years after the launch doesn't mean that was unfairly premined by developer, in addition with few USD you can buy more bytecoin than whatever other "promoted coin" you can hope to mine...
With just 1 USD I have bought more Bytecoin than what XMR or Ethereum i could earn in ten years of mining(and note that I'm follow these altcoins from a long time but unfortunately no way to mine much of them with home pc)... where is the unfair distribution of monetary base?? To me is way more unfair that few big corporate miners insta-pump the value and with tons of computational power provided from bot net and server farms get the control of most of the monetary base since the start and all the others have to pick up the little crumbs or pay a lot of "classic money" to get a hilarious percent of total theoretical monetary base.

I'm not even going to try and answer any or all of that, however, you can start here and draw your own conclusions, much like all of us have long ago (And no, I am not a BCN holder, ever).

Thanks

Edit- BCN and XMR were and are distributed very differently, so it's like comparing rabbit shit to coffee beans IMO
Activity: 59
Merit: 10
I have read tons of rage against this coin from Monero community(that accuse of scam every other coin to be honest), but still is unclear why someone claim scam. How can tell this? the fact was announced here years after the launch doesn't mean that was unfairly premined by developer, in addition with few USD you can buy more bytecoin than whatever other "promoted coin" you can hope to mine...
With just 1 USD I have bought more Bytecoin than what XMR or Ethereum i could earn in ten years of mining(and note that I'm follow these altcoins from a long time but unfortunately no way to mine much of them with home pc)... where is the unfair distribution of monetary base?? To me is way more unfair that few big corporate miners insta-pump the value and with tons of computational power provided from bot net and server farms get the control of most of the monetary base since the start and all the others have to pick up the little crumbs or pay a lot of "classic money" to get a hilarious percent of total theoretical monetary base.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029
How to export bytecoin wallet from gui client into simplewallet?
One way could be to generate a new address in the simple wallet and transfer the coin across - that would be how i'd do it - you'd incur a small transfer fee but it wouldn't be too high
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
How to export bytecoin wallet from gui client into simplewallet?
Activity: 630
Merit: 252
Masternodecoin Team
its really nice project but source code is incomplete.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000
When is the pump guys..any news coming out
Coin at constant price for so long
No pump at all,just a joke. Long time no update,people are losing faith in BCN.

It's got an 85% premine, why would you have faith to begin with?

A huge amount of this coin has been distributed with a low price down to 2 Sat for every coin. Very fair for everybody, I believe.

Where? On the darkweb 3 years ago? Tongue

poloniex and HitBTC later too
legendary

A huge amount of this coin has been distributed with a low price down to 2 Sat for every coin. Very fair for everybody, I believe.

Where? On the darkweb 3 years ago? Tongue
legendary

legendary

He's probably one of the original bagholders  Roll Eyes ... I hope this coin dies soon. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116

legendary

BCN is the only coin I have other than DOGE that has maintained stable today. I have faith in BCN.

BTC, ETH, ETC, LIR, LSK and XMG have been on rollercoaster rides today in comparison.
legendary

Are you waiting on a pump? It seems you own the wrong coin. I'm waiting on your dump, and my patience is endless.
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
slb
Activity: 598
Merit: 501
Anyone successfully compiled on macOS El Capitan? I am getting this error:
.../tests/Common/VectorMainChainStorage.cpp:51:10: error: moving a local object in a return statement prevents copy elision
legendary
I've been mining BCN for a few months (mainly because I like to trade the coin) but didn't check the forum thread before, didn't realise that mining was about to come to an end. Sad news, I've really enjoyed mining with BCN.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1010
Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)
so with so much developement this coin is going to die? what do you guys think?

when is the gui 2.0 coming out?
Activity: 293
Merit: 250
slb
again another massive release on github

https://github.com/amjuarez/bytecoin/blob/master/ReleaseNotes.txt

- Blockchain storage changed to DB

RocksDB, interesting.
Anyone able to compile? My compile scripts for the previews version do not work ;(
slb
It does not need POS or tail emission. Pools are in control of the transaction fees and the way transactions are labeled valid and most of the concerns are pool related, not core related. Just my opinion.

So... Who is going to mine nothing? Lol... Tongue
Pools can be subsidised independently, without relying to core updates. Pools can give 200%, 300% or whatever reward they want if subsidised. Also, they can force increase of the minimal transaction fee to whatever they want, also independent to core. Miner subsidies are purely pool issue, not core issue as commonly believed. Core subsidies are just a time giver to the pools to establish fee markets. Again, just my opinion.
Jump to: