Author

Topic: [BCN] Bytecoin. Secure, private, untraceable since 2012 - page 175. (Read 1070171 times)

Activity: 525
Merit: 510
So what does this mean? No activity in this topic for 8 days + massive dumps going on.

Bytecoin community has their own forum now: https://bytecointalk.org/
And that explains the dumps how exactly?
Activity: 336
Merit: 251
So what does this mean? No activity in this topic for 8 days + massive dumps going on.

Bytecoin community has their own forum now: https://bytecointalk.org/
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959

Maybe people are finally wising up to the scammy smell lingering about this coin?  Roll Eyes
Activity: 525
Merit: 510
eeX
Activity: 961
Merit: 500
Soldo.IN [SLD]
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
I've already answered to your blog comment, so let me quote my message for your convenience:

Hello!

I just tried to test RPC Wallet.

I so sad to inform you about errors in current version [PaymentService v1.0.7.564()].

I use Windows version.

First of all it doesn't work as Win service. At all.

Second issue is much worse - amount of money sent to wallets does not equal amount received.

So I advice everybody not to use RPC Wallet at present time Sad

Thank you for the feedback.

First of all, the latest version of RPC Wallet, which is available for download on the website is v.1.0.8.1.614().

>Second issue is much worse - amount of money sent to wallets does not equal amount received.

Could you provide more details? Do you mean that let's say you make a transfer for 1000 coins, but the recipient gets another amount? Or is it your issue that the transaction in the block explorer shows higher amount than you were sending?

The second case is a completely valid CryptoNote protocol behavior. When you send a transaction, it further conceals the sum by increasing the original amount. The difference is returned back to your wallet as an unlinkable change.

>First of all it doesn't work as Win service. At all.

What is the Win version that you are using? Could you elaborate on the steps you made?
eeX
Activity: 961
Merit: 500
Soldo.IN [SLD]
Hello!

I just tried to test RPC Wallet.

I so sad to inform you about errors in current version [PaymentService v1.0.7.564()].

I use Windows version.

First of all it doesn't work as Win service. At all.

Second issue is much worse - amount of money sent to wallets does not equal amount received.

So I advice everybody not to use RPC Wallet at present time Sad
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
For me "fair launched coins" are extremely stupid in the current situation ... I prefer the developers have enough money to get the development going.

Okay, then maybe the BCN devs should have been up front about having built BCN in 2013 and launched it in 2014 with a massive premine, instead of a fake blockchain, a bullshit story about two years in the deep web, and then trying to sell said story by manipulated press, trying to "slip it in" to Wikipedia, etc. and even now creating new zero-activity sock puppets to continue the same tired nonsense about "the probability of Bytecoin being launched in 2012 is not small".

Ethereum was up front about wanting money for development. They got $15 million ICO and nice premine on top. They didn't need to scam and neither did you. You chose to, and while it could possibly have worked, it is understandable you're now disappointed that it didn't and you got busted. Too bad. Go scam somewhere else.

It's better to be open up front.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
----Beware of this pool -------

Been waiting to receive close to 50,000 mined BCN from these chumps at http://bytecoin.xminingpool.com/

Emailed support no response.....Just a warning - been over 30 days now and nothing in the wallet.

Today put in the wallet address and there's nothing there. Vanished GOX style.

Hi crazyhashmanz,

We've got an issue with our email support and some tickets got lost along the way. We apologize for it and for the inconvenience it caused you.

Everything is working properly now and you can contact our email support one more time. Or, you can contact me here directly if you'd like.

Once again, sorry for inconvenience.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
I think it`s better to use some verify pool
Activity: 303
Merit: 250
----Beware of this pool -------

Been waiting to receive close to 50,000 mined BCN from these chumps at http://bytecoin.xminingpool.com/

Emailed support no response.....Just a warning - been over 30 days now and nothing in the wallet.

Today put in the wallet address and there's nothing there. Vanished GOX style.
legendary
I`m still making money on it so i`m here to stay Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059
It is comparable to Dashcoin, but there is 0 support from speculator to developers also

Dashcoin has a little bit of twist..indirect devs of dashcoin are bytecoin devs..

anyway bytecoin development is on fire  Cool... and dashcoin thank you for all of that.

it's just another premined scam. You people amaze me with your constant stupidity. I should stop watching this thread but it's fascinating watching a major scam keep going forever!  Tongue

Nope it is not, mined and watched DSH since its launch...it is really fascinating that bytecoin is still going on though.
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
It is comparable to Dashcoin, but there is 0 support from speculator to developers also

Dashcoin has a little bit of twist..indirect devs of dashcoin are bytecoin devs..

anyway bytecoin development is on fire  Cool... and dashcoin thank you for all of that.

it's just another premined scam. You people amaze me with your constant stupidity. I should stop watching this thread but it's fascinating watching a major scam keep going forever!  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

anyway bytecoin development is on fire  Cool... and dashcoin thank you for all of that.
legendary
Everyday i`m reading about bcn this and that if you don`t like stay away..
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Nowhere did I mention anything about Nowhere did I mention anything about Monero yet you jumped on Monero so fast.
Since Monero is the biggest example of "fairly launched coin" in the Cryptonote space what should I compare Bytecoin to?
I can compare it to Boolberry also, which is almost completely dead because of the "fair launch" and 0 support from the speculators to the developer.
It is incomparable to DigitalNote, because it use proof of stake.
It is incomparable to AEON, because the coin died because of the fair launch and it had to be mined for over half year from 5 people at most to be resurrected. So the coin distribution is certainly worst than Bytecoin.

What are you suggesting as good option for comparing?

Simple: I never insinuated to compare bytecoin to anything nor suggested it.

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Nowhere did I mention anything about Nowhere did I mention anything about Monero yet you jumped on Monero so fast.
Since Monero is the biggest example of "fairly launched coin" in the Cryptonote space what should I compare Bytecoin to?
I can compare it to Boolberry also, which is almost completely dead because of the "fair launch" and 0 support from the speculators to the developer.
It is incomparable to DigitalNote, because it use proof of stake.
It is incomparable to AEON, because the coin died because of the fair launch and it had to be mined for over half year from 5 people at most to be resurrected. So the coin distribution is certainly worst than Bytecoin.

What are you suggesting as good option for comparing?
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
This part was funny... lol

Look at how hard they were trying to sell the fact that BCN was around in 2012.

I was around in 2012 on the crypto scene and Bytecoin was no where to be found. If it existed it was only accessible to very few individuals and was not publicly announced to all prior to launch (like any and every fair launched coin).
Seeing the "fast" advancement of Monero within the year and a half of existence, the probability of Bytecoin being launched in 2012 is not small at all.

No one here says Bytecoin was launched publicly.

For me "fair launched coins" are extremely stupid in the current situation, almost fully controlled by speculators, who add no value to the product itself. Should the inventors invest millions of dollars just to be part of their own project?
I prefer the developers have enough money to get the development going. It is my personal choice and I think all who stick around this thread share this view. If you prefer "fair launched coins" go to XMR/XDN/BBR/DSH. The choice is so simple.

Also, it is very likely Bytecoins devs' vision is not 'one will rule them all' as opposed to Monero devs' vision. 'One will rule them all' is just a way to enslave users.

Wow you do sound pretty butthurt. Nowhere did I mention anything about Monero yet you jumped on Monero so fast.

Very telling.

So you think it is stupid to publicly (and beforehand) launch  a coin? And it is stupid because it would be controlled by speculators? Because speculators add NO VALUE to the coin?

1. Publicly launching a coin shows trust (transparency). Any coin that is launched in secrecy with a huge 80% premine is essentially a scam as the coin now is centralized by supply (few people hold the majority of all of the BCN to ever be put into circulation).

2. How is it stupid to launch publicly because it would be controlled by speculators? Isn't BCN now being public essentially open to speculators? Sounds like double talk.

3. Speculators do add value as they bring money to the market. If there is no money to trade for the coin then essentially there is less value. Depends on what you define as value. Money in many markets, when it is brought to that market, does add value.

The free market is speaking very clearly given the amount of non-support ByteCoin has currently. The free-market is what matters.

If Bytecoin was such a good option for more people to use THEY WOULD BE USING IT and NOT MONERO.

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Don't forget you have more optimised mining software.

Nobody believes that in two years the mining software wasn't optimized. In fully 100% of the cases of coins using some particular mining algorithm, miners have gone and optimized it, from tweaking the code, figuring out how to mine on GPUs, eventually building ASICs, etc. In fact, even in the case of BCN this happened: Once it was release, within a few months there were multiple people optimizing the mining code with great successful and multiple independently-developed GPU miners that were about 2x as efficient than CPUs in terms of hash/watt possibly even more in hash/$.

If miners did not optimize in two years of BCN's "history", it would be the first time that has ever happened in the history of cryptocurrencies. Sorry, implausible.

It is far more plausible that the optimized mining software was just not released, or even more that it was deliberately de-optimized/crippled. That's in fact exactly what the expert who optimized the mining software said. It was obvious to him -- in working on the code -- that it was "deliberately crippled", which means the original developers DID have optimized mining software.

Aren't the dividends of proofing fake blockchain can be real scenario worth more than $7500 for Monero?

No, we don't spend money on hype, and nobody is really being fooled by BCN's fraud any more, so what's the point?

Especially once it has been explained in clear terms (which you did not dispute) how it clearly could be done by anyone with a bit of money to spend or access to a few computers (not even that many -- background task on PCs a small office would be sufficient). Actually burning the $7500 proves nothing beyond that.
Jump to: