Author

Topic: [BCN] Bytecoin. Secure, private, untraceable since 2012 - page 296. (Read 1070171 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 100
Nice! Wrote to devs
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
love this coin need more Exchanges. mint,bitrex,cryptsy....  Shocked
sgk
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
!! HODL !!
Hey, interesting coin. Is it really only cpu-minable? I'd like that.

If I mine with my average desktop pc - do I have a chance to get something?

Yes to both your questions. But if you want some sizable amount of coins, make sure to mine on latest generation of CPUs like core i3 or better.
Activity: 412
Merit: 10
Can someone explain to a non-technical guy what the BCN devs are doing? What does that mean, moving it out of RAM? Can other cryptonote coins copy this?
ATM you need more than 3,5Gb of system memory to run a full node, this is because the blockchain is stored on the system memory (RAM), with the new system you should be able to run a node with much less RAM, just like as in Bitcoin.
This update was really needed since if the blockchain grows bigger, only systems with LOTS of RAM could be used to run the software.

That's good they fixed the problem with RAM.  I was thinking other coins devs are able to add this improvement to their coins without coding in their own way.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
Can someone explain to a non-technical guy what the BCN devs are doing? What does that mean, moving it out of RAM? Can other cryptonote coins copy this?

Copy as a function, yes - but they'll have to code it on their own. Copy as code, no.

As to the technical, the wallet required too much RAM and now this is fixed.

ATM you need more than 3,5Gb of system memory to run a full node, this is because the blockchain is stored on the system memory (RAM), with the new system you should be able to run a node with much less RAM, just like as in Bitcoin.
This update was really needed since if the blockchain grows bigger, only systems with LOTS of RAM could be used to run the software.

Ook, cool. thanks
Activity: 803
Merit: 500
Hey, interesting coin. Is it really only cpu-minable? I'd like that.

If I mine with my average desktop pc - do I have a chance to get something?
Activity: 637
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

Copy as a function, yes - but they'll have to code it on their own. Copy as code, no.

As to the technical, the wallet required too much RAM and now this is fixed.
Activity: 101
So excited about these two great news -

1) there's gonna be essential changes in bcn code. GREAT! Going to email them cause I wanna be the one of the pioneers

2) BCN is in top 10. Thanks to Coinmarketcap it's easier to follow changes in price and other coin's features !

Announcement made by devs is more important  as it's turning point in the development of cryptocurrency
Activity: 147
IMPORTANT NEWS!

Reworked Bytecoin client beta-testing!

The block chain was moved out of RAM and BCN devs need volunteers to test if everything is ok.

If you want to take part in testing send an email to [email protected] , get the new software, test it, find bugs (if you can) and make bug reports.
Let's make BCN better!

Here is the news: https://bytecoin.org/news.php#news1

I was sure they are going to show us important BCN's improvements.
Now we know the reason there's now why devs haven't updated  the code for a long. Update required substantial source code refactoring.

So excited about these two great news -

1) there's gonna be essential changes in bcn code. GREAT! Going to email them cause I wanna be the one of the pioneers

2) BCN is in top 10. Thanks to Coinmarketcap it's easier to follow changes in price and other coin's features !
Activity: 60
Lets hope other Cryptonote forks dont attempt to get a hold of this and release it as their own. I would really like the hard work from these guys to pay off for them.

Indeed, that's more important than other CMC news. Whose gonna try beta ver?

I'd love to be  tester but I am not good in finding bugs. IMO, flower1024 has skills to become beta tester.
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
IMPORTANT NEWS!

The block chain was moved out of RAM and BCN devs need volunteers to test if everything is ok.

If you want to take part in testing send an email to [email protected] , get the new software, test it, find bugs (if you can) and make bug reports.
Let's make BCN better!

I was sure they are going to show us important BCN's improvements.
Now we know the reason there's now why devs haven't updated  the code for a long. Update required substantial source code refactoring.
Activity: 246
Lets hope other Cryptonote forks dont attempt to get a hold of this and release it as their own. I would really like the hard work from these guys to pay off for them.

Indeed, that's more important than other CMC news. Whose gonna try beta ver?
Activity: 994

Hmm, interesting. I don't wonna be a tester but i will keep my eyes on the results of this event.
The same bro. Hope that you guys will cut off all bugs that could ever be. I know that it sounds like a miracle but i really want to hear that.

Activity: 49

Hmm, interesting. I don't wonna be a tester but i will keep my eyes on the results of this event.
The same bro. Hope that you guys will cut off all bugs that could ever be. I know that it sounds like a miracle but i really want to hear that.
Activity: 116

Activity: 63

This is really more important than the coinmarketcap news.

+1. Testers are about to face the future of digital currencies!

Have you already emailed to the devs?
No. But i will coz i'm so excited!
Activity: 37
IMPORTANT NEWS!

It's literally mindblown. Good luck guys. Hope your testers will success
Jump to: