Author

Topic: [BCN] Bytecoin. Secure, private, untraceable since 2012 - page 328. (Read 1070171 times)

Activity: 87
Merit: 10
Besides, if old transactions are destroyed, there won't be enough outputs to mix the new transactions with - which will badly affect anonimity.

The value of BCN long blockchain is that it has many outputs for ring signature mixing.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049
Secondly, what is this idea of top-secret keys no one has heard of?

Several forks of bytecoin have been launched - this type of keys would have surely been mentioned somewhere already.

The basics of the whole philosophy of cryptonote and bytecoin is decentralization and anonimity - there cannot be such a thing as a secret key to destroy coins.

THIS. WTF is going on. How can someone just have his one billion coins deleted by the devs?
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
So these guys at poloniex wrote that BCN deveopers have some keys that can be used to destroy some specific coins anytime - and you're ready to believe it? Sounds absurd to me.

Firstly, it totally eliminates the economy that has been developed - people had bought and sold, made money by creating services - then all of a sudden their coins are just taken from them?

The developers of any coin would never do anything like that, no one would trust them at all afterwards.

Secondly, what is this idea of top-secret keys no one has heard of?

Several forks of bytecoin have been launched - this type of keys would have surely been mentioned somewhere already.

The basics of the whole philosophy of cryptonote and bytecoin is decentralization and anonimity - there cannot be such a thing as a secret key to destroy coins.
Activity: 412
It just can't be true - it would raise hell within the old community who's got lots of coins already.
No one would be pleased if his coins he'd mined ages ago are suddenly destroyed.

Maybe if they don't comply with contributing to the giveaway or something they'll have theirs destroyed.

QCN difficulty has been dropping as well, even faster. People in Quazar coin thread think someone actively mines these coins and sells them fast at exchanges to strengthen Monero.

This seems a more likely reason for BCN difficulty to drop than this nonsense rumour about destruction of BCN.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
It just can't be true - it would raise hell within the old community who's got lots of coins already.
No one would be pleased if his coins he'd mined ages ago are suddenly destroyed.

Maybe if they don't comply with contributing to the giveaway or something they'll have theirs destroyed.
Activity: 234
BCN difficulty has been decreasing for a few days already. It can be the old miners who's disappointed and is swithcing to something else.
The process of BCN difficulty dropping continuously may coincide with the beginnig of the destruction of coins.
Activity: 101
Could it come from the developers themselves?  In this case BCN will go up incidentally.

There does not seem to be any way to verify if any coins are really destroyed, right?

In theory it shoud somehow be reflected in blockchain, I had a look at minergate and there's no trace of large transactions for a while.

At the first look, minergate shows no sign of unusual activities lately - though it may be not connected to normal transactions in any way.
Most likely, minergate gets BTC blockchain info by addressing the daemon via JSON RPC.
If the developers did destroy anything, we might not be able to see it.
Activity: 458
Merit: 265
Hey! I just read Poloniex trollbox and there's information that all the coins mined before January 2014 will be destroyed. Moreover this process is already going.
See this:

Does anybody know what's going on?
Where did you get those screenshots?

I've been chatting with my friend, he pointed me to the trollbox and sent the screenshots. I've seen the posts myself however.
Your friend is the one who posted those rumors. You can tell because when someone types his name the text turns green. Can you get him to show us the emails?
Epic.
Could it come from the developers themselves?  In this case BCN will go up incidentally.

There does not seem to be any way to verify if any coins are really destroyed, right?

In theory it shoud somehow be reflected in blockchain, I had a look at minergate and there's no trace of large transactions for a while.
Activity: 139
Hey! I just read Poloniex trollbox and there's information that all the coins mined before January 2014 will be destroyed. Moreover this process is already going.
See this:

I've been chatting with my friend, he pointed me to the trollbox and sent the screenshots. I've seen the posts myself however.
Your friend is the one who posted those rumors. You can tell because when someone types his name the text turns green. Can you get him to show us the emails?

I didn't know it, I was thinking green is for your own posts. So he's either trolling, or is in very tight contact with developers. I'll try ask for the email screenshots.

Activity: 560
Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
See this:

See this:

Activity: 101

That's quite a surprise! The developers are probably tired of the constant conflicts within the community?

I don't believe the rumours - it looks too much like a regular trolling at poloniex.
Someone is likely to drop the rate even more and then buy it all cheap.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
See this:

Smells like bullshit. What's wrong with making a public statement about something like that?

That's quite a surprise! The developers are probably tired of the constant conflicts within the community?
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
See this:

See this:

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Anyone want to take pity on a linux noob. I am trying to graduate to linux and wanted to see if I could get a machine up and mining Bytecoin.

My Setup:
Operating System PIMP 64 bit (copied to a 250gb HD with resized partitions to allow enough space for the Bytecoin blockchain)

Problem:
When I decompress the bytecoin-linux.tar.gz file I get a segmentation error.
In Linux the corresponding command is the "ls" (list) command, so type:
ls -l

For help on this command type:
man ls

Thanks, I think the problem was with the PIMP OS which was designed to run off a USB stick, I installed Zorin instead and everything worked smoothly.

Can anyone tell me where ByteCoin stores the blockchain in a linux system once it's downloaded and synchronized. I have fully synchronized the blockchain and want to copy it over to my other computer so I don't have to do it again but I can not find it.

It's in .bytecoin/ in your home directory
Jump to: