Pages:
Author

Topic: [BCN] Bytecoin. Secure, private, untraceable since 2012 - page 70. (Read 1070171 times)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Why the price of Bytecoin has risen exponentially in the last few days?
Are there significant upgrades of Bytecoin platform/ services?
I have been a little bit busy in the last few weeks, so have I missed something important?

Start for the MOON!
Activity: 280
Merit: 4
With all these developments, I was quite surprised that the originator of all these forks which some of them become very successful has all of them coming from BCN and that BCN is still in the shadows. Time for the devs to realize that they need to create more value on this coin and make it work.
I agree, Bytecoin could be THE privacy coin for the masses, and although I see they are active on Twitter, there is not much else going on that I am aware of as far as promotions go. 

Activity: 280
Merit: 4
CONSENSUS ABOUT THE v7 UPGRADE (ASIC RESISTANCE)

First of all, I'll make this short. I strongly belive that we need to upgrade.

As many of you know the blockchain technology need some upgrades from time to time, not so long ago the Bytecoin blockchain suffered an attack in which 693 million BCN coins were created from nowhere.

Almost every cryptonight coin has upgraded their code or is in process of upgrading it (I'll not mention the projects but you can check in https://www.cryptunit.com/ all the coins that uses cryptonight algo and wich ones runs on v7).

Right now the community need to know the risks associated to not upgrading to v7, some risks are:

• Hashrate attack
  • TimeStamp attack
  • 51% attack
  • Blockchain control from ASIC suppliers

As a community, we must participate in a consensus to decide if Bytecoin need to upgrade their Cryptonigh protocol to v7 (ASIC resistance).

Please participate, discuss and in the end of the post leave this comment: YES UPGRADE or NOT UPGRADE

I strongly believe that we need to upgrade.

Soon I'll create a threadpool, some in Twitter.

Cheers and keep up the good work !!

Thanks for sharing your post, however, you should read the Statement one more time, there you will find that your arguments have failed.

Long Story Short

The truth is that ASICs PREVENT the network from a hashrate attack, moreover, it’s quite easy to control and monitor the situation to prevent the system from any 51% attacks.

Despite the strength of the Monero, they have made an unwise decision and let their users become de-anonymized. Bytecoin has its own logic of development and won’t follow the path that other projects have decided to choose as the right one. We were the first coin to have implemented CryptoNote as a basic approach and we understand the system better than any other.

In conclusion, we respect other cryptonote coins to update themselves with a hardfork but it is only a temporary short term band-aid which won’t be useful after the appearance of FPGA miners. This tendency to panic leads the updated coins nowhere and it’s only a matter of time for them to be affected by ASICs yet again.
Unless I have missed it, can you, or anyone else here please answer a question that I asked a few weeks back.

Here is the question, what was the amount of BCN that was pre-mined?

Thanks. 
GuruTalk- Bytecoin 399900% GAIN [BCN], Supply, FUD, The Reality (Pt1):

https://youtu.be/E_lMh8Ff3rU

and the part 2:

https://youtu.be/6X5o_1GyDtw
Activity: 224
Merit: 7

Everything you wanted to know about community management but were too afraid to ask! Read my interview with @hackernoon #Bytecoin #BCN #assetrush#communitymanagement
Activity: 62
Bytecoin (BCN) all-in-one info now added here:

https://chatoncrypto.com/Crypto/C/48-BCN-Bytecoin-BCN

Thanks.
Activity: 4

Long Story Short

The truth is that ASICs PREVENT the network from a hashrate attack, moreover, it’s quite easy to control and monitor the situation to prevent the system from any 51% attacks.

Despite the strength of the Monero, they have made an unwise decision and let their users become de-anonymized. Bytecoin has its own logic of development and won’t follow the path that other projects have decided to choose as the right one. We were the first coin to have implemented CryptoNote as a basic approach and we understand the system better than any other.

In conclusion, we respect other cryptonote coins to update themselves with a hardfork but it is only a temporary short term band-aid which won’t be useful after the appearance of FPGA miners. This tendency to panic leads the updated coins nowhere and it’s only a matter of time for them to be affected by ASICs yet again.

You earned major credibility with this statement because not only is it correct, it goes against the mainstream narrative that appears to be emitting from your average /r/Bitcoin punter. They've got a bad case of "fear of ASICs" (ASIC-phobia?) and it really seems that they have been manipulated into that state.
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
With all these developments, I was quite surprised that the originator of all these forks which some of them become very successful has all of them coming from BCN and that BCN is still in the shadows. Time for the devs to realize that they need to create more value on this coin and make it work.
Activity: 12
the wallet does not synchronize ..

Would there be any nodes to add to the configuration file?

The wallet work well @home.  Huh

I can also sync but it takes ages. Is there a bootstrap file available?

with me it synced for 6 hours i think...
Activity: 294
Merit: 10

I can also sync but it takes ages. Is there a bootstrap file available?

Activity: 1216
Merit: 333

Activity: 295
Merit: 10

As many of you know the blockchain technology need some upgrades from time to time, not so long ago the Bytecoin blockchain suffered an attack in which 693 million BCN coins were created from nowhere.

Almost every cryptonight coin has upgraded their code or is in process of upgrading it (I'll not mention the projects but you can check in https://www.cryptunit.com/ all the coins that uses cryptonight algo and wich ones runs on v7).

Right now the community need to know the risks associated to not upgrading to v7, some risks are:

• Hashrate attack
  • TimeStamp attack
  • 51% attack

As a community, we must participate in a consensus to decide if Bytecoin need to upgrade their Cryptonigh protocol to v7 (ASIC resistance).

Please participate, discuss and in the end of the post leave this comment: YES UPGRADE or NOT UPGRADE

Thanks for sharing your post, however, you should read the Statement one more time, there you will find that your arguments have failed.

Long Story Short

Activity: 33
I wonder if coordinates that are pointing out to the mysterious places are actually should be pointing to other universities.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
The difference between bytecoons and other anonymous cryptocurrencies is greater than ever because mining protects from keeping de-anonymous. It starts for those who have the capital to acquire ASIC and BCN mines.
Activity: 17

• Hashrate attack
  • TimeStamp attack
  • 51% attack

Activity: 328
Merit: 250
Did BCN switched to ASIC resistant algo? Like XMR?
Activity: 1092
Merit: 511
https://mobile.twitter.com/Bytecoin_BCN/status/988791827980607489
Just to let our community know, our web wallet will be down for maintenance for the next few hours. It will be back shortly. Thanks for understanding!
Pages:
Jump to: