Pages:
Author

Topic: Be aware, so many scam coins are around - page 18. (Read 3659 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 3
I think with time all these scams ICOs will be fixed and all filtered out as thearket keeps growing people become more wise. Thank you for sharing.
Activity: 672
Merit: 1
The scammers are actually everywhere and it makes investing scary for investors. Nobody wants to loose their hard earned dollars to some mischievous abd unscrupulous element whose intentions is to take advantage of the openness of the blockchain. I think folks should just be meticulous
Activity: 560
Merit: 109
you know, that some people have a good profit from scam projects - when newbies buying coins and believe in true of project - traders making good money.. so scam could be even profitable
Activity: 2828
Merit: 518

Shitty coins are required to be on the market as well as promising.
They aren't required mate,  nobody's wanting it to be a part of crypto market cause this huge numbers shit coins are just ruining the entire crypto market.  It give doubts to the buying individuals and even have wrong choice causing them to loss especially for beginners. 
Supposedly it shouldn't be existed if we have that power to remove those coins, but we don't have. And giving some awareness to the community will be a big help for not to be fooled into them.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 10
You can safely remove 90% of all coins currently on the market, they are all a big fraud that does not carry any benefit to society.
Activity: 266
CurioInvest [IEO Live]
The cryptocurrency market copies all other economic models.
Shitty coins are required to be on the market as well as promising.
Our task is to be able to distinguish them and be successful.
Having enough experience and desire, I have no doubt in the future.
Activity: 145
Indeed fraud is very prevalent in the crypto currency world, making crypto currencies lose the trust of investors. The fraudsters are very clever in launching the action. Many very good and responsible projects do not get investors as a result of the loss of investor confidence in the crypto currency. Many of these fraudulent projects require us to be careful and selective when choosing a project. We better explore in full and not be affected by the issue because many issues are only misleading.
OTC
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
Sure. As well there are investors who want serious business, there are also scammers around who want to scam these investors and run away with their money. So investors should really beware and cautious when investing in cryptocurrency.
Activity: 402
Merit: 4
We all can't deny the existence of scam around us.  Trust me, it's is an inevitable. The best you can do is to ensure you do  extensive research on the project before you invest. Scammers have tarnished the Image of cryptocurrency to the majority of the population and therefore, they see it as a scam arena where you loose your money with seconds, as it is almost impossible to recover your funds back, so it's a turn off for majority.
Activity: 784
Merit: 112
That is true there is a lot out there we need to be careful for investing or promoting of many projects that all they want is stoling the money from their investors or they did not paying the bounty hunters for their works, so we need to be more aware of this.
Activity: 336
I order to get rid of scam coins we should follow Ico rating websites by following ico rating websites we can select the best coins only then we may be protected nt to get scam
Activity: 448
Merit: 2
Now that most of the people are well aware of scam ICOs, scammer has found another way to scam people. I have observed 3 projects till now which I will list here and give you a highlights how they scam people, specially the newbie.

1. Privcy
Privacy was a free airdropped coin which was distributed freely over the community for helping promoting the project. Later, they decide to reward more to the holder of the coin in airdrops. The more coin you hold, the more airdrop coin you get. Newbies started to buy coins for getting more airdrop coin and DEV were selling their coin. I am sure they had a lot of fake accounts participating in the Airdrop. Can you believe they scammed people in such a way? Now, the project is died, 24 hour volume is- $620 which was less than $100 couple of weeks ago.

2. Profish
Profish was an ICO which came into the exchange before the bounty end. They were listed in mercatox and used to have some fake volumes. I don't know what happened to their ICO but they sold a lot of coins through mercatox and later, the price is now 1 or 2 satoshi from 650 satoshi. This is also a dead project. They scammed people.

3. Helios Protocol- Be aware
Helios Protocol is now airdropping coin to their community. This attract my eyes when I see user vectisitch was vouching the project. He was a moderator in privcy, so, there's no doubt that both of the project are from same person and this helios shit is also going to scam money. I want to alert you guys not to invest in this scam project.
Here is the vouching comment- https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.50087444

I believe that by now, with what many investors has passed through, many of the investors are now very careful in what they invest in although many will still fall for it.
Activity: 1764
Merit: 505
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
Sadly, the scam ICOs tarnish the space and give the industry a bad image in the public eye. The number of scams are just too numerous to count. As always, investors must be extremely careful and diligent about the projects in which they choose to invest. I say go with your gut feeling and question absolutely everything.
Scams have been all around us and it can be very alarming. There are new scams circulating around every year and we can’t keep up with all of them. It is better that we acknowledge the existence of scams and to educate ourselves about the different types of scams in crypto world and the best ways to avoid them. It will then become easier for us to identify the usual suspects, and will help to largely eliminate the risk of getting scammed.
Activity: 672
They are scammer everywhere waiting to take advantage of investors and bounty hunters. Folks should do their due diligence before getting involved in any new projects to avoid stories that touch
Activity: 812
Merit: 256
About Privacy they are scammers who copied some codes from DeepOnion (a project which was ardroped too ,its good project which is growing now too ) so they were in DeepOnon and saw that airdrop thought they can make money ,copied codes from Github then it was open and started airdrop many users were talked about that but seems people scamed.
Activity: 784
Merit: 21
I was once a victim of many scam projects and even my wallets are full of fake coins and Tokens and one day I let it all go so I started learning how to hunt for good coins because I like holding for long term, investigating on every whitepapers, roadmaps,and teams to make sure I'm not wasting more time ever again
Activity: 312
Merit: 100
This is why I won't invest again in a non-ICO project. They promote the idea "the more you buy, the more you get", then dev are selling their tokens, stop development of the project and you wake up holding a bag of worthless tokens. Sad, but true.
that happens a lot from several projects that are not developed and raised by their developers. it is very risky, but sometimes some coins like this, startling at the start, if we can use it actually we can trade daily to get a quick profit.
Activity: 742
Merit: 21
Be the reason someone smiles today
This is why I won't invest again in a non-ICO project. They promote the idea "the more you buy, the more you get", then dev are selling their tokens, stop development of the project and you wake up holding a bag of worthless tokens. Sad, but true.
Activity: 742
Merit: 16
Scam ICOs won't last long and scammers will have to find there way off crypto space, the only issue here is newbies, they don't want to learn first so they always fall victim to scam ICOs, now that we have a better efficiency way to raise fund I think ICO will disappear into thing air someday
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1043
Need A Campaign Manager? | Contact Little_Mouse
This thread will create awareness to the ICO investors into which ICO they must invest and not.

I'm not an ICO investor but thanks for creating this thread. This must be updated weekly and if there are some who see scam ICO, they may share it here so that investors will be aware on it. Scammers always appear in ICO's so I'm afraid to invest my money into it. I'd rather join in the bounty program than to invest on it. Even though its a scam, I didn't lose any money on it. I just lose time and effort.
Pages:
Jump to: