Pages:
Author

Topic: Benchmark [P2Pool vs btcGuild vs Eligius] - page 3. (Read 27142 times)

Activity: 395
Merit: 250
Did you buy the Ants in December at typical prices? Looks like you just about ROI'ed.
Yes, I bought them at typical prices on the end of December.
Do you like them?  Would you like to buy more.  I know a very good place to buy them.
If that place has cheaper ants than bitmaintech - pm me Smiley But from any private or untrusted sites I will buy only with "Pay On Delivery"

15-31 May 2014:     p2pool - BTC0.9148 VS btcguild (PPLNS) - BTC0.7351 VS Eligius BTC0.7290
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
Did you buy the Ants in December at typical prices? Looks like you just about ROI'ed.

Do you like them?  Would you like to buy more.  I know a very good place to buy them.
donator
Activity: 1616
Merit: 1003
Are 6 antminers on one pool produce the same GH/s as the other pools? 

It is not a fair comparison if 6 antminers on Btcguild has 1200 GH/s and Elgius has 980 GH/s

6 antminers are equal to 6 antminers. Isn't it ?

if one pool shows more or less ghs - that is problem of pool software.
if one pool makes more or less reward - that is pool software and reward system

And this benchmark is running to show this things in action, while every pool is pointed with equal hardware hashpower.

It is not true.  The hash rate can vary widely depends on the temperature.
Yes, can vary. But it can matter when compare 1 machine vs 1 machine
In this banchmark 6 machines vs 6 vs 6 - and they are located in one room so temp is constant for all.
Also I assure you that difference in hash between every block (6 antes) when they pointed to same pool is less than 1% - I checked that a few times by pointed to one pool with diff workers.

It is not a fair comparison if 6 antminers on Btcguild has 1200 GH/s and Elgius has 980 GH/s

And this benchmark is running to show this things in action, while every pool is pointed with equal hardware hashpower.

It is not true.  The hash rate can vary widely depends on the temperature.

15-30 April 2014:     p2pool - BTC1.2836 VS btcguild (PPLNS) - BTC1.2097 VS Eligius BTC1.2339

full benchmark in first post
Activity: 434
p2pool is around 1.5 days per block on average so the week-to-week variance will be much higher than a pool that finds many blocks per day. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1125
Hi,do you think u can update weekly ?
Joe
seems that one week too short for p2pool
1-14 April 2014: p2pool - BTC1.0615 VS btcguild (PPLNS) - BTC1.1026 VS Eligius BTC1.2293

No payout ??
Hi,do you think u can update weekly ?
Joe
seems that one week too short for p2pool

1-14 April 2014: p2pool - BTC1.0615 VS btcguild (PPLNS) - BTC1.1026 VS Eligius BTC1.2293
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
Hi,

do you think u can update weekly ?

Joe
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
15-31 March 2014: p2pool - BTC2.0796 VS btcguild (PPLNS) - BTC1.7523 VS Eligius BTC1.7838

Thank you for your continuing updates.
15-31 March 2014: p2pool - BTC2.0796 VS btcguild (PPLNS) - BTC1.7523 VS Eligius BTC1.7838
up results of round 1-14 March 2014

what result for that time frame?
1-14 March 2014: p2pool - BTC1.1336 VS btcguild (PPLNS) - BTC1.7816 VS Eligius BTC1.7655

results in first post.
Activity: 144
Merit: 100

what result for that time frame?
legendary
Activity: 4018
Merit: 1299
I known :
btcGuild is btcGuild.com
Eligius is Eligius.st

P2Pool which website? P2Pool.in or P2Pool.org?

P2pool can be through any public node or your own personal node, they all connect together into one large pool.

Public nodes: http://p2pool-nodes.info/

http://p2pool.in/ is the main info site for setting up p2pool node yourself.

P2pool.org is a fake p2pool (as noted in the small text on bottom of the site, "not affiliated with p2pool and forrestv". They just took advantage of the name).

Elizium.name is a popular public p2pool node... And I have a public node listed in my sig.

Just a point of clarification, I believe that p2pool.org is a node in the p2pool network given the software being used, the network hash rate shown the comments from p2pool.org in the p2pool software section.  The statement in their footer is just clarifying that they are not forrestv nor the home of the p2pool software - unless of course their stats etc are all fake.

There are a number of public p2pool nodes as you say.

I'm just going by the common "wisdom" that gets passed around the forums and reddit every few weeks/months:
http://www.reddit.com/r/litecoinmining/comments/1vizp3/psa_p2poolorg_is_not_the_real_p2pool/
I see posts like this all the time...

If they're a valid node, they really should re-evaluate their disclaimer.  Saying they don't represent p2pool and forrestv, but are a valid node of the P2Pool network for the various coins they support would be much better than saying, "not affiliated with p2pool and forrestv" which gives a connotation of being totally separate from the rest of the P2Pool network.

It's much clearer with your p2pool.com in your sig.

I agree. I don't know the guy, but clarification would be useful. :-)

zvs
legendary
Activity: 1680
https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com
I known :
btcGuild is btcGuild.com
Eligius is Eligius.st

P2Pool which website? P2Pool.in or P2Pool.org?

P2pool can be through any public node or your own personal node, they all connect together into one large pool.

Public nodes: http://p2pool-nodes.info/

http://p2pool.in/ is the main info site for setting up p2pool node yourself.

P2pool.org is a fake p2pool (as noted in the small text on bottom of the site, "not affiliated with p2pool and forrestv". They just took advantage of the name).

Elizium.name is a popular public p2pool node... And I have a public node listed in my sig.

p2pool.org isnt fake at all, but i imagine the horrid efficiency there turns a lot of ppl off to p2pool in general

grats on the guy getting the p2pool.org domain though, there's 3.5thash worth of suckers mining bitcoins on there right now.  55mhash on litecoins.  all for the privilege of having some 75% efficiency rating (*and paying a 3% fee)
Pages:
Jump to: