Pages:
Author

Topic: Best bitcoin wallet - page 2. (Read 102023 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Grow SMALL amount of BTC by earning it
November 26, 2015, 10:55:23 PM
I use xapo wallet.
I like to use this wallet because free for received and sent btc. No fee and You always received full amount

xapo is only good for storing small amount of bitcoins for your daily use but if you are storing large amount then you should switch to desktop wallet as it is more safe than using 3rd party wallets

i save 0.4 at my xapo wallet and im never get any bugs Smiley
i think Xapo is professional company , and he would keep the trust of the customer

No matter how trusted they are, it is centralised and they can say that you violated their TOS and freeze your coins. With desktop wallets, you have the control of your coins and there is no need to worry about it being down. Xapo only insure coins stored in their vaults which means that they won't be held liable for any losses on your normal xapo wallet. If someone manage to gain access to your Xapo account, they can steal all of it.
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
November 26, 2015, 10:27:04 PM
I use xapo wallet.
I like to use this wallet because free for received and sent btc. No fee and You always received full amount

xapo is only good for storing small amount of bitcoins for your daily use but if you are storing large amount then you should switch to desktop wallet as it is more safe than using 3rd party wallets

i save 0.4 at my xapo wallet and im never get any bugs Smiley
i think Xapo is professional company , and he would keep the trust of the customer

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
November 26, 2015, 09:50:28 PM
I use xapo wallet.

legendary
Activity: 1006
November 26, 2015, 02:39:31 PM
I use xapo wallet.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
November 25, 2015, 09:39:47 AM
I personally use Electrum and I am very happy with it. In my opinion it is the best wallet for everyday use, I have tried everything from online wallets to running full node.
Activity: 798
Move On !!!!!!
November 25, 2015, 06:48:05 AM
I think it is coinbase.
Just try it.
It doesn't allow usage of gambling.
Bitcoin Core is still best.

not to mention you have like zero privacy with them, not good if you ask me, i hate being tracked for every tiny movements

Coinbase is not bad to get your coins but then you get them out of there. Online wallets shouldn't be used anyways. Just download Electrum or Multibit and you will be good to go. This is the best of both worlds between Bitcoin Core and online wallets!
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
November 25, 2015, 03:51:50 AM
I think it is coinbase.
Just try it.

not to mention you have like zero privacy with them, not good if you ask me, i hate being tracked for every tiny movements
legendary
Activity: 1456
November 24, 2015, 01:09:12 PM
Blockchain.info is the best online wallet. Try it, set a 2FA and you will not have any problem to enter in your account, and at the same time there isn't any risk about some thief.

2FA makes it harder to take your coins yes.  But it in no way with a hotwallet makes it where there is no risk to being taken by a thief.

How much have you researched into this?  Just a lot of the statement is flat out wrong.  A hot wallet (what blockchain is) always has a possible threat that is not near as safe as cold wallets.

A paper wallet done right beats your online wallet every single time as far as safty.
Activity: 672
Merit: 503
November 24, 2015, 10:51:09 AM
Blockchain.info is the best online wallet. Try it, set a 2FA and you will not have any problem to enter in your account, and at the same time there isn't any risk about some thief.

Wrong. Blockchain.info isnt really the best because there are some incidents that users are losing their coins on their blockchain.info wallets even they have 2fa enabled
Activity: 225
November 24, 2015, 10:46:41 AM
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
November 24, 2015, 09:33:42 AM
i use blockchain.info online wallet
I am also using Blockchain wallet its quite safe because of two factor authentication and Coinbase's Purse IO also safe in online wallets But most of people preferring paper or local wallet to avoid bankruptcy.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
November 24, 2015, 07:11:06 AM
I think it is coinbase.
Just try it.
Activity: 126
November 24, 2015, 06:53:49 AM
I think it is coinbase.
Just try it.
Activity: 249
November 24, 2015, 04:56:44 AM
started with blockchain 2 years ago, and still using
November 23, 2015, 10:38:29 PM

Online wallets are not the best choice if you want to be safe. Rather pick a hardware wallet like QT.
Hardware wallets are Ledger and Trezor for example. Wallets like Bitcoin Core, Multibit, Electrum are not hardware wallet, they are desktop wallet. They are not designed to be resistant to virus attacks. Online wallet does have a large amount of disadvantages but for most other than Blockchain.info, it would be alright to be a hot wallet.
legendary
Activity: 1456
November 23, 2015, 09:18:59 PM

Online wallets are not the best choice if you want to be safe. Rather pick a hardware wallet like QT.

I think we get a lot of people who don't read the pages which gets us answers like this.  Online wallets are hot wallets... no good for holding long term.  Great for spending short term... but in no way the best wallet overall.

Everyone really should look into hot/cold wallets before saying a online wallet is best.  On blockchain at least it does allow private keys to be made into paper wallets.  It still is hotwallet but if ever needed you could import into another wallet.
Activity: 756
Infleum
November 23, 2015, 06:34:22 PM

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
November 23, 2015, 06:08:54 PM
Right now I have about a quarter of my savings in Blockchain, a quarter in Electrum, a quarter in Armory, and a quarter in Coinbase Vault.

I only have 2 right now but look to grow more...

Anyone thing this is overkill?
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
November 23, 2015, 11:15:32 AM
I keep most of my funds offline just in their wallet.dat, but I have a little in blockchain.info so I can make payments quickly and from my phone on the go but I also have some on a ledger nano (which is a cheap and secure hardware wallet if you want to buy a physical wallet).
November 23, 2015, 10:13:17 AM
Personally, I use Coinbase as my primary wallet, storing the bitcoins from recent transactions. Until it reaches the point where I would feel pretty bad if the bitcoins got stolen, I would move them to my Electrum wallet, on my computer. I haven't reached that point yet Smiley
So you are confident in Coinbase's service to store bitcoins there, even a small amount?
coinbase is definitely a trustworthy company imo,
-snip-
For small amounts which I'm willing to lose, it's a yes. With them being trustable, there's drawbacks on using them. Firstly, you can't control your private key and would defeat the purpose of decentralisation that Bitcoin is trying to achieve. Secondly, they have various policy which restricts the transaction and they can close your account if you're involved in such activities.
Pages:
Jump to: