Pages:
Author

Topic: Best bitcoin wallet - page 4. (Read 102023 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 503
November 19, 2015, 08:45:29 PM
for me Best wallet is bitcoin android wallet https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.schildbach.wallet
secure full acces and friendly for mobile user, you can access everywhere everytime Smiley

that could be the "best" for now but not until you lost your smart phone or it malfunctioned, using mobile wallet isnt really secured as many people thinks, i still prefer using paper wallet or desktop wallet for daily use Smiley
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
November 19, 2015, 08:01:15 PM
for me Best wallet is bitcoin android wallet https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.schildbach.wallet
secure full acces and friendly for mobile user, you can access everywhere everytime Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
November 19, 2015, 07:14:40 PM
first i was using igot.com site but after some time i came to know about the scam site, then i started with coinbase very nice wallet site, and now i am using xapo also as some faucets give immediate payment to xapo account holders.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
November 19, 2015, 04:54:43 PM
I use MultiBit  Cool
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
November 19, 2015, 04:38:15 PM
i use blockchain and coinbase they are always available
Activity: 672
November 19, 2015, 10:54:52 AM
Bitcoin wallets is where you store your bitcoins. Without them, you cannot use bitcoins. But, selecting a secure wallet is important. In fact, most important.. Because, losing bitcoins means burning cash.
Now, according to my usage and researches and what I have found. These are the wallets which i found trusted and useful.
(1) Coinbase- they provide more privacy as they have their own privacy team separately. Best thing is that transactions are completely tax free.
(2) Blockchain- It has got the most number of usets. So no doubt on security. It's trusted most by miners too.
(3) Mycelium wallet- It's git very low transaction fees and provides the best backup system for private keys. You can use multiple wallets at once.

1. Do you mean transaction fee free? Tax is different from transaction fee

2. yes blockchain wallet is used by many but the security? I dont think bc wallets is super secured

3. Mycelium requires low trans fee for low priority transaction but it isnt an advantage for it as almost all bitcoin wallets you can set how much fees you want to pay for your transaction
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
November 19, 2015, 10:43:15 AM
Bitcoin wallets is where you store your bitcoins. Without them, you cannot use bitcoins. But, selecting a secure wallet is important. In fact, most important.. Because, losing bitcoins means burning cash.
Now, according to my usage and researches and what I have found. These are the wallets which i found trusted and useful.
(1) Coinbase- they provide more privacy as they have their own privacy team separately. Best thing is that transactions are completely tax free.
(2) Blockchain- It has got the most number of usets. So no doubt on security. It's trusted most by miners too.
(3) Mycelium wallet- It's git very low transaction fees and provides the best backup system for private keys. You can use multiple wallets at once.

What are you meaning by tax free?   As far as taxes any wallet should not be charging taxes.

It would be a government doing that info likely from exchange or such.  But there is not link between a BTC address and taxes, you really need a exchange and to sell and have a profit to worry if it's enough to be taxable.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
November 19, 2015, 10:30:48 AM
Activity: 15
November 19, 2015, 08:23:00 AM
tx info, is really helpful.
legendary
November 19, 2015, 12:51:19 AM
for me the best is blockchain.info as i dont hold big amounts of bitcoins and its usually online so i can use it whenever i want

if you have backup of your private keys then you will be a problem on your coins being stucked there if they got an issue again, and blockchain.info wallet always have issues, i myself experienced it in the past just in time when i needed to sell some of my coins but i can transfer it coz of blockchain.info is down

In advanced I believe you can get the private keys on blockchain.  So there are way's of sending even if online wallet is down.  But keep in mind even if you do paper wallet from it it's a hot wallet.  So it's not as good as security.  But make sure you use 2fa on it that helps some.

Cold storage is what you want for storing any sizable amount.  Paper wallet if done right really is one of best ones out there.  Assuming you have it stored safely.
Activity: 910
November 19, 2015, 12:25:46 AM
for me the best is blockchain.info as i dont hold big amounts of bitcoins and its usually online so i can use it whenever i want

if you have backup of your private keys then you will be a problem on your coins being stucked there if they got an issue again, and blockchain.info wallet always have issues, i myself experienced it in the past just in time when i needed to sell some of my coins but i can transfer it coz of blockchain.info is down
Activity: 774
November 19, 2015, 12:19:52 AM
I use Electrum faster, safer and easy to use without any hassle.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
November 18, 2015, 06:25:57 PM
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
November 18, 2015, 02:03:08 PM
Electrum (electrum.org) is very easy to use and works great on my antiquated machine. I have multiple wallets with non-zero balances that I've deleted but can restore anytime using the 12-word seed, which I have encrypted and stored in multiple locations.

See: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Electrum

Despite being a long-time lurker on this forum, I've never read anything suggesting that it is, or is not, a safe enough solution for large balances.

+1 for Electrum. Just wrote a longer reply in another thread in here on a similar topic.

Bottom line is: Electrum is an excellent combination between high security (definitely much better than online wallets), and good usability (avoids downloading the Blockchain).

Except for very large amounts stored, or unless you're also intending to support the network by being a full node, I'd say a lightweight client like Electrum (or similarly, MultiBit) are the ideal choice for most users today.
legendary
November 18, 2015, 01:15:04 PM
i reccomend to use blockchain.info wallet.. more safe Smiley

Actually, online wallets aren't safe as client wallets like Armory, Electrum etc. - there is always to risk that the online wallet is getting hacked.

Coinbase is only "online" wallet with insurance for being hacked, and it's very specific it would have to be entire thing hacked not one customers credentials stolen and btc taken.  As general rule use online wallets just for spending money.

I suggest looking into cold storage wallets.  They are most secure if done correctly, and the done correctly is a big part of it.
donator
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
keybase.io/arblarg
November 18, 2015, 12:16:56 PM
Electrum is the best in my opinion lightweight and the seed recovery is a very useful feature.
Activity: 11
November 18, 2015, 10:44:33 AM
I use CoinJar as online account, which is pretty handy (EftPos card) and fast deposit (POLi and BPay) in Australia. But do not keep too much Bitcoin in online account. So I use breadwallet as private account on my iPhone.
Activity: 2
November 16, 2015, 07:22:58 AM
What are the charges/fee for coin transactions on blockchain.info?
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
April 08, 2015, 06:08:19 AM

Actually, online wallets aren't safe as client wallets like Armory, Electrum etc. - there is always to risk that the online wallet is getting hacked.
Activity: 51
April 08, 2015, 04:34:55 AM
Pages:
Jump to: