Pages:
Author

Topic: Best CPU Mineable Coins in 2019 and CPU Mining Guides [UPDATED!] - page 4. (Read 63290 times)

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115
"BiblePay Evolution Anti-BotNet Features, 51% attack prevention with ChainLocks

In BiblePay Evolution, we have built in a brand new feature called ABN (anti-botnet). The original use-case for ABN stems from our mission to prevent ASIC/GPU ports, run BiblePay on commodity PCs, and create a fair mining environment without groups of monopolies forming (IE Asic monopolies) who take a large percentage of mining rewards. Even with CPU mining, we have seen some rich actors, who own 300 servers, point all the hash power at BiblePay and take an unduly large percentage of daily rewards.

On one hand, we agree, they have every right to. But on the other hand, we really would like to appeal to distinct head count so as to expose more people to the Gospel. In light of this we have released ABN, which requires a certain amount of coin*age to be present in each mined block in order to mine BiblePay. What this does is quickly uses up coin*age when an attack occurs (to give an example, if you are BotNet with 50 PCs, and your wallet balance is 50,000, after solving a few blocks with high hash power your wallet will run out of coin*age and you will not be able to mine more BiblePay until coin*age increases).

The feature works like this. Our network requires an average calculated and pre-assessed static amount (posted in getmininginfo) of required coin*age and stores this in the chain. Each miner checks this number, and will search the wallet (this is all automatic) for coins totaling the requirement and place these coins in an ABN Stake transaction - and then begin mining. We do allow mining for All participants if a block is over 60 minutes old (this is so that our chain never stops if every single participant runs out of coin age).

In this way, every block mined in Evolution is sure to be solved by a normal participant and not a bot-net over time.
In addition to all of this, we have inherited Dash's 51% attack prevention system (ChainLocks). We have this feature fully merged in and ready to be released. This is an amazing addition to BiblePay, as it removes 51% attack risk by almost 100%. This is accomplished by asking our Sanctuaries to keep track of each solved block and not allow deep reorganizations once ChainLocks are live."

Reference:
https://wiki.biblepay.org/Generic_Smart_Contracts

Andreas M. Antonopoulos talks about Dash LLMQ ChainLocks:
https://twitter.com/StayDashy/status/1164577548543700994
Activity: 1120
Merit: 131
I'm just about to renew my desktop computer. I won't use it primarily for mining but it doesn't hurt to think about making that machine somewhat profitable.

What would be your CPU choice in the mid-range?
($150-200)

Ryzen 2XXX or 3XXX according to what you can find in your Country.
Activity: 762
Merit: 35
You can use your GPU rig's CPU to mine MHC coins.
It requires just a little % of your CPU

this coin is not MINEABLE in true meaning - just staking, not hashing
only 1000 lending is goody for this coin, as for me

I agree, however I added it so even people with very slow CPUs, which usually
stay idle all the time in some GPU rig which stays online 24/7 anyway, can also be used for something profitable.
Even better, it barely uses any CPU resources, so no increase in power draw from forging MHC coins.
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1035
It requires just a little % of your CPU

this coin is not MINEABLE in true meaning - just staking, not hashing
only 1000 lending is goody for this coin, as for me
I'm just about to renew my desktop computer. I won't use it primarily for mining but it doesn't hurt to think about making that machine somewhat profitable.

($150-200)

ryzen 5 3600 without any doubt
it is the best in performance in this price range
and pretty well equipped for mining coins too

I disagree. Currently the more cores you have the better (for mining).

Ryzen 5 3600 has 6 cores / 12 threads.
Ryzen 7 1700 has 8 cores /16 threads and is a 65W CPU which can go to 3.6Ghz even if you pick a dud, without any overvolting.
Ryzen 7 2700 has 8 cores /16 threads and is also 65W, plus it is made with smaller 12nm process so it is a bit more power efficient than 1700.

I would focus on 1700 or 2700 for mining for this budget. Second hand is even better.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
Thanks

Not sure I unerstand the results, though. What makes this i5 so fast ?

Typically, number of cores impacts the results postively. Also, we've noticed that AMD outperforms Intel typically, so AMD Ryzen might be a good choice. The PoW algo developed by Scala (DefyX) is based on RandomX, Yescrypt and K12. This is why CPUs perform so well compared to other CPU-friendly algos.
Activity: 585
Merit: 110

($150-200)

ryzen 5 3600 without any doubt
it is the best in performance in this price range
and pretty well equipped for mining coins too
Activity: 5
what a lot of shitcoins, amazing Grin
Activity: 12
Thanks

Number of cores.
There are so many different proc (generation, architecture) in this article.
For example i5 9th gen on top but there is no i7 9th gen to compare.
It requires just a little % of your CPU to run the Metagather app.
No open ports or such needed, just a 24/7 running PC. They will lend you the first 1000 coins
so you can start earning your own MHC coins.

Tried this out.
For first 1000 coins - "you are 11 in the queue" wtf? "keep your wallet to receive faster" i don't understand.
@whotheff any advice?

I'd be a little suspicious about this.....cna't be used from a mobile IP, only a "HOME" IP, hmm, how do they differentiate between a "HOME" and "WORK" IP?
I'm suspecting that you are allowing your PC and IP to act as a node, for a network, doing who knows what.....
I'm only guessing, but i'd read alittle more about first i think

I found this, it might help
https://metahash.readme.io/docs/metagather-faq

Thanks
Today I started again. And my position was 12 in the queue  Roll Eyes but after half an hour received a reward (wallet with 1000 coins).

My IP is marked as "home". I guess home=dynamic and work=static...
Activity: 182
Thanks

Activity: 24
Scala has performed some tests if you're interested: https://link.medium.com/5xfB6y4WEZ
Activity: 182

($150-200)
Activity: 1248
Merit: 297
No open ports or such needed, just a 24/7 running PC. They will lend you the first 1000 coins

Tried this out.
For first 1000 coins - "you are 11 in the queue" wtf? "keep your wallet to receive faster" i don't understand.
@whotheff any advice?

I'd be a little suspicious about this.....cna't be used from a mobile IP, only a "HOME" IP, hmm, how do they differentiate between a "HOME" and "WORK" IP?
I'm suspecting that you are allowing your PC and IP to act as a node, for a network, doing who knows what.....
I'm only guessing, but i'd read alittle more about first i think

I found this, it might help
https://metahash.readme.io/docs/metagather-faq

Tried this out.
@whotheff any advice?

Activity: 1764
Merit: 570
Twitter\X @AlexKosa1
Scala (XLA) is CPU-friendly and just released their latest miner. They developed their own PoW algo (DefyX), based on RandomX, Yescrypt and K12.

PoW information: https://medium.com/scala-network/scalas-v6-testnet-and-new-proof-of-work-information-3ba2a4eb0ad8
Mining Guide: https://medium.com/scala-network/a-mining-setup-guide-for-scala-f8f88b59198a

I get 650 H/S on an old AMD Phenom II, and latest GPU get much higher hashrates.

Disclaimer: I am part of the Scala team.
Thanks for sharing
Pages:
Jump to: