Pages:
Author

Topic: Best GPU's to mine ZCASH with? - page 4. (Read 54472 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 512
October 18, 2017, 10:07:15 AM
the profitability for mining zcash has gone waaay down. it is more than 1 year for a ROI if you buy a graphic card now and put it to mine. crazy times for zcash.

Hey value itself turns to 198 USD now. Using miner gate application and best specification graphics card in the the series Radeon or Nvidia. Zcash and Monero are the best altcoins now to mine using GPU. So I don't know how you are saying the zcash mining with the cards bro.
You only looks crazy to say it is not possible to mine using cards.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
October 18, 2017, 10:01:39 AM
the profitability for mining zcash has gone waaay down. it is more than 1 year for a ROI if you buy a graphic card now and put it to mine. crazy times for zcash.
it's sort of relative from a "daily $ earnings" prospective but with my farm I was getting 1 zec every 33 hours in july/august then ~40 hours then quickly 50+
I hope to see a couple new good coins arise to  be able to spread out all of the miners, for example if bitcoin gold , zencash and say hush or kmd blew up to be 50 100 150 dollar coins that would spread out a ton of hashrate + particularly useful the for nvidia miners

Activity: 490
Merit: 250
October 17, 2017, 11:40:31 AM
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
October 17, 2017, 10:30:53 AM

Really cus my G1 does 500+ easy. Im pretty sure if you get your hands on a good 1070 it could come close to a 1080 maybe within 5%.
Mind you electricity for me is free though but I dont want to invest a lot (wont be buying the Vega cards anytime soon).
I'd stick with 1080Ti or 1070 and forget about the 1080.

I have never seen a 1070 that managed more than about 460 - SPECIFICALLY INCLUDING my Gigabyte G1 cards.

You apparently have one that handles a lot higher overclocks better than most do, or you're looking at the "momentary peaks" and counting those as the hashrate where I tend to look at the AVERAGE hashrate instead, or you're in a VERY COLD ambient temp with your cards - or a combination of all 3.

Even with minimal tuning and having "fairly high ambient temp cooling" limitations, most of my 1080 cards easily hit 530 and I suspect when I take the time to fine-tune them they will be able to push closer to 550 - and NONE of those are "high end" 1080 models, most are the Zotac Mini or the bottom-end Gigabyte 2-fan models which are definitely heat limited in my environment.

On the other hand, with 1070 pricing getting back down into the pre-gouge range, the 1070 is starting to look like a better option even at the system level to the 1080 in many respects - and the recent climb in 1080ti pricing isn't helping any.

Completely agree on the 1070s being the best bang for buck currently
https://goo.gl/7s7Kb6
I've ordered a couple of these well . . because I like the white xD but the zotac mini and now a couple other cards have come down as well to the 400 price which is pretty nice to see.

1080 TI are still stupid priced and it's really deterring my interest in them, looking forward to when they come back down to reality // the 1060s are a good price now as well

What are your preferred settings for getting max performance out of your cards? You probably tune them down a bit like me due to heat issues?

Also does anyone know what the ideal ambient temp is for operating GPUs?
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
October 08, 2017, 01:31:19 PM

Really cus my G1 does 500+ easy. Im pretty sure if you get your hands on a good 1070 it could come close to a 1080 maybe within 5%.
Mind you electricity for me is free though but I dont want to invest a lot (wont be buying the Vega cards anytime soon).

I have never seen a 1070 that managed more than about 460 - SPECIFICALLY INCLUDING my Gigabyte G1 cards.

You apparently have one that handles a lot higher overclocks better than most do, or you're looking at the "momentary peaks" and counting those as the hashrate where I tend to look at the AVERAGE hashrate instead, or you're in a VERY COLD ambient temp with your cards - or a combination of all 3.

Even with minimal tuning and having "fairly high ambient temp cooling" limitations, most of my 1080 cards easily hit 530 and I suspect when I take the time to fine-tune them they will be able to push closer to 550 - and NONE of those are "high end" 1080 models, most are the Zotac Mini or the bottom-end Gigabyte 2-fan models which are definitely heat limited in my environment.

On the other hand, with 1070 pricing getting back down into the pre-gouge range, the 1070 is starting to look like a better option even at the system level to the 1080 in many respects - and the recent climb in 1080ti pricing isn't helping any.

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
October 07, 2017, 05:28:18 PM
R5E10
2x Strix 1080ti on average @ 750 Sol/s each
570W
48-49 Celsius | Gaming rigs rock :-)
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
September 24, 2017, 11:25:47 PM
At my testing experience: 1080ti, 1070, 1060 and RX 480/580 are best gpus to mine ZCASH. I think the best one is 1080ti.

I need to know what GPU that has less TDP but more outcome power
Is 1080ti worth the money to mine ZCASH?
Yes it is
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
September 24, 2017, 11:25:25 PM

Well under 5 cents / kwh all-up.

There's a REASON I spent most of a month last summer moving from Iowa to "The Land Of Very Very Cheap Electric" in Central Washington.

And yes, the Aorus are bloody huge 3-slot cards - been a while since folks MADE cards that huge (I have a HIS IceQ blower model HD 7870 that is ALSO 3-slot, but only the BLOWER area is that wide).

They're no worse than some of the other cards out there - at least one Zotac model and at least one MSI model are JUST as huge.

They have awesome cooling though for air-cooled.

That's a great rate. Is that residential or commercial rate?

Small business commercial rate, but the residential rate here is almost identical.

I'm going to end up finding out soon what all of my cards are capable of - Vorshalk's recent decision to deploy a BLOODY HUGE FARM (he's one of the CureCoin developers) have ticked me off enough AND have dropped my income to the point I am no longer willing to suffer through the issues with those 2 coins any more - OR try to compete with a BOTTOMLESS WALLET DEV screwing over the rest of us that have been participating in those coins for a long time.

I don't mind competing with others for my coin - but having a DEVELOPER go out of his way to kill profitabilty by well over 10% *SO FAR AND STILL GETTING WORSE* is just not acceptable.

Sorry to hear that man that's really frustrating. What was his reasoning, why wouldn't he mine a diff coin and auto sell into buying his coin... I see that as a win/win for his coin
legendary
September 19, 2017, 04:56:42 PM

There's a REASON I spent most of a month last summer moving from Iowa to "The Land Of Very Very Cheap Electric" in Central Washington.

And yes, the Aorus are bloody huge 3-slot cards - been a while since folks MADE cards that huge (I have a HIS IceQ blower model HD 7870 that is ALSO 3-slot, but only the BLOWER area is that wide).

They're no worse than some of the other cards out there - at least one Zotac model and at least one MSI model are JUST as huge.

Small business commercial rate, but the residential rate here is almost identical.

I'm going to end up finding out soon what all of my cards are capable of - Vorshalk's recent decision to deploy a BLOODY HUGE FARM (he's one of the CureCoin developers) have ticked me off enough AND have dropped my income to the point I am no longer willing to suffer through the issues with those 2 coins any more - OR try to compete with a BOTTOMLESS WALLET DEV screwing over the rest of us that have been participating in those coins for a long time.

I don't mind competing with others for my coin - but having a DEVELOPER go out of his way to kill profitabilty by well over 10% *SO FAR AND STILL GETTING WORSE* is just not acceptable.

Activity: 434
Merit: 107
September 19, 2017, 12:02:06 PM
At my testing experience: 1080ti, 1070, 1060 and RX 480/580 are best gpus to mine ZCASH. I think the best one is 1080ti.
The best was palit gtx1070 with samsung memory doing 490sol@125wat- but it is impossible to find now and the price diff between gtx1070 and gtx1080 is very small.
Now I think it is gtx1080FE with 510sol@120watt after prices drop for this models.
It is all after fine-tuning  

gtx1080ti is also good but expensive

Activity: 103
Merit: 100
Learn Something New
September 19, 2017, 11:15:10 AM

I need to know what GPU that has less TDP but more outcome power
Is 1080ti worth the money to mine ZCASH?
Activity: 210
September 19, 2017, 10:48:35 AM

legendary
Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003
September 19, 2017, 07:04:37 AM
The best was palit gtx1070 with samsung memory doing 490sol@125wat- but it is impossible to find now and the price diff between gtx1070 and gtx1080 is very small.
Now I think it is gtx1080FE with 510sol@120watt after prices drop for this models.
It is all after fine-tuning  

gtx1080ti is also good but expensive
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
September 19, 2017, 06:54:49 AM
Activity: 5
September 19, 2017, 06:25:26 AM

oh jesus. so jelly :/
Activity: 15
September 19, 2017, 02:47:51 AM
This is a new rig with 7 cards soon to be 9.
Running SMOS on a USB.
I have the cards set so the highest one is around 60 to 65c.
100/500 fans at 80%
These are MSI cards
They seem quiet. 50db at 3 feet
They feel warm. Around 115 degrees to the touch.
They run in my unheated 2 car garage and if I don't open the door daily
the temps push 90 degrees.
I've ordered an exhaust fan that I'll be installing soon so I can hopefully
push the power level a bit. Although 4Sol/w seems like a good tradeoff.

https://imgur.com/a/N798r
Activity: 224
IDEX - LIVE Real-time DEX
September 19, 2017, 01:16:57 AM
I personally like an 8 GPU build with RX 5series cards and that hashes at about 2200h/s no OC.
With OC settings and BIOS mods for AMD cards as effective as they are on the 4 and 5 series cards I could see that hashrate going up by at least 35-40%

I think zcash is nvidia friendly, it is better to use nvidia card instead of AMD.
legendary
September 18, 2017, 04:13:45 PM

At my power cost, there's no point in "efficient" on ZEC mining at this time, I NET more by not being efficient and I'm nowhere near power limits on the new place.

whats your power cost? I'm jealous I pay 10.5 cents kwh that's awesome though keep me posted, I will be messing around with those cards sometime next week, or preferably i'd like to just sell them as all my other cards are X size and theyre 1.5x X size lol

Activity: 107
Merit: 1
Miningstore.com - Mining Rigs and Rig Hosting
September 18, 2017, 02:34:22 PM
I personally like an 8 GPU build with RX 5series cards and that hashes at about 2200h/s no OC.
With OC settings and BIOS mods for AMD cards as effective as they are on the 4 and 5 series cards I could see that hashrate going up by at least 35-40%
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
September 18, 2017, 12:40:47 PM

Irritating timing, I had just bought one of those about a week before that - JUST out of their price-match timeframe.

On the other hand, Bitcoin dropped over 10% in that same timeframe, so it worked out OK.

flypool seems to have been suffering from a DDOS attack today, not sure if it's over yet or not - but those seem to happen semi-randomly to ALL the pools at times.

which flypool server are you connected to? I didn't notice anything unusual yesterday O_O

That is irritating, surprised at these recent 1060 and 1070 prices and yet TI's are still stupid high

I was confused, forgot I'd been working on the system that was on flypool. Ignore the doom and gloom.

9-0

If I push towards max hash (my norm) I'm seeing 760sol/s right now out of my Aorus 1080 ti - +5% power, +50 cpu, +200 memory - and I'm CERTAIN that's not the most it's capable of, I've been having "crashing driver" issues with the newest Nvidia 3xx.41 junk and am in the process of rolling back to something more reliable.
 At my power cost, there's no point in "efficient" on ZEC mining at this time, I NET more by not being efficient and I'm nowhere near power limits on the new place.

whats your power cost? I'm jealous I pay 10.5 cents kwh that's awesome though keep me posted, I will be messing around with those cards sometime next week, or preferably i'd like to just sell them as all my other cards are X size and theyre 1.5x X size lol
Pages:
Jump to: