Pages:
Author

Topic: Best GPU's to mine ZCASH with? - page 5. (Read 54472 times)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
September 18, 2017, 12:39:10 PM
I am mining with NVIDIA Geforce 1060 3GB and getting around 300 sold out of the box for each...
But when I read about the values of other users cards I feel like I have to cry Cheesy
what is the memory in your 1060?
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
September 13, 2017, 04:15:53 PM

Irritating timing, I had just bought one of those about a week before that - JUST out of their price-match timeframe.

On the other hand, Bitcoin dropped over 10% in that same timeframe, so it worked out OK.

flypool seems to have been suffering from a DDOS attack today, not sure if it's over yet or not - but those seem to happen semi-randomly to ALL the pools at times.

which flypool server are you connected to? I didn't notice anything unusual yesterday O_O

That is irritating, surprised at these recent 1060 and 1070 prices and yet TI's are still stupid high

I was confused, forgot I'd been working on the system that was on flypool. Ignore the doom and gloom.

9-0

If I push towards max hash (my norm) I'm seeing 760sol/s right now out of my Aorus 1080 ti - +5% power, +50 cpu, +200 memory - and I'm CERTAIN that's not the most it's capable of, I've been having "crashing driver" issues with the newest Nvidia 3xx.41 junk and am in the process of rolling back to something more reliable.
 At my power cost, there's no point in "efficient" on ZEC mining at this time, I NET more by not being efficient and I'm nowhere near power limits on the new place.

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
September 13, 2017, 01:32:10 PM
How much maximum hash rate is everyone getting? I am very new to GPU mining and just trying to do my profit calculations before investing into hardware. Thank you guys.
Activity: 170
Merit: 101
September 13, 2017, 12:27:53 PM
I am mining with NVIDIA Geforce 1060 3GB and getting around 300 sold out of the box for each...
But when I read about the values of other users cards I feel like I have to cry Cheesy
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
September 13, 2017, 12:22:55 PM

Irritating timing, I had just bought one of those about a week before that - JUST out of their price-match timeframe.

On the other hand, Bitcoin dropped over 10% in that same timeframe, so it worked out OK.

flypool seems to have been suffering from a DDOS attack today, not sure if it's over yet or not - but those seem to happen semi-randomly to ALL the pools at times.

which flypool server are you connected to? I didn't notice anything unusual yesterday O_O

That is irritating, surprised at these recent 1060 and 1070 prices and yet TI's are still stupid high
legendary
September 12, 2017, 04:05:09 PM

YouTube.com/VoskCoin
September 12, 2017, 09:21:52 AM

Yeah I need too undervolt it for sure. My electricity cost is around 0,14 USD per kWh.

Im using nanopool now...do you recommend to switch for flypool?

the highest hasrate one one pool i believe it is a flypool
so my guees it would be wiser to go there - cause huger hash rates - easier to find new block and get reward

just my 2 cents

by the way, nevere had any problem with it from middle of June when I came to the mining world  Grin
As others have said its not good for one pool to have such a large hashrate. . however I get better returns on flypool as opposed to when I mined on nanopool or slushpool

I tried on slushpool, the return is not as good.
my buddy states coinotron has better results for him than flypool but I haven't gotten around to testing it  yet so maybe others could chime in .. .
Activity: 140
September 11, 2017, 05:42:25 AM

Yeah I need too undervolt it for sure. My electricity cost is around 0,14 USD per kWh.

so my guees it would be wiser to go there - cause huger hash rates - easier to find new block and get reward

just my 2 cents

by the way, nevere had any problem with it from middle of June when I came to the mining world  Grin
As others have said its not good for one pool to have such a large hashrate. . however I get better returns on flypool as opposed to when I mined on nanopool or slushpool

I tried on slushpool, the return is not as good.
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
September 06, 2017, 02:49:03 PM

just my 2 cents

Activity: 266
Merit: 111
August 28, 2017, 02:04:38 AM

just my 2 cents

Activity: 35
Merit: 0
August 27, 2017, 05:21:06 PM
Profit is how it is....still one of the best options for nVidia cards....
Got my first Ti yesterday..710sol out of the box.

Guys help....What is the best ZEC miner/pool at the moment?

flypool is one of the best if not the best. If the electricity prices are on the higher side where you live, i suggest you tweak your gpu settings. You can get 680sols while only using 170 watts. 4sols/watt is pretty awesome

I am also using nanopool. It is a very stable pool.
I think it is best to avoid flypool (It has almost 50 percent mining power, and that is making the whole ZEC network unsecure)
Activity: 336
August 26, 2017, 06:57:51 PM

flypool is one of the best if not the best. If the electricity prices are on the higher side where you live, i suggest you tweak your gpu settings. You can get 680sols while only using 170 watts. 4sols/watt is pretty awesome
Activity: 434
Merit: 107
August 26, 2017, 06:49:41 PM

Im using EWBF with flypool
Activity: 154
August 26, 2017, 09:21:10 AM
The profit is very low those days and I dont see any profit growth in the future...
Activity: 140
August 26, 2017, 09:18:16 AM
There was a point that $7/day on ZEC was possible - but that was a couple weeks ago when profitability on almost ALL coins peaked.
It's dropped a LOT since then on almost everything.

RX series cards have been recovering quite a bit on pricing the last week - if you're lucky enough to sneak in an order when someone HAS some at a low price, and usually on the mining-specific cards.

I managed to snag *ONE* Sapphire RX 470 card out of NewEgg over the last week....

What price did you pay for that rx470?

$259, it was the "with Samsung memory" version.

It was in stock for a little less than 2 days on a "limit one per 48 hours" then haven't seen it up since, though I did get a "notify" once since then - it was out less than 4 hours after they sent the notify and I didn't see the notify in time.

The AMD cards are still in short supply. We do not see many Vega around.
legendary
July 22, 2017, 09:05:38 PM
There was a point that $7/day on ZEC was possible - but that was a couple weeks ago when profitability on almost ALL coins peaked.

RX series cards have been recovering quite a bit on pricing the last week - if you're lucky enough to sneak in an order when someone HAS some at a low price, and usually on the mining-specific cards.

I managed to snag *ONE* Sapphire RX 470 card out of NewEgg over the last week....

$259, it was the "with Samsung memory" version.

It was in stock for a little less than 2 days on a "limit one per 48 hours" then haven't seen it up since, though I did get a "notify" once since then - it was out less than 4 hours after they sent the notify and I didn't see the notify in time.

Activity: 266
Merit: 111
July 22, 2017, 06:18:21 AM

well, you must be a lucky man indeed, cause ny frined is waiting 10 pcs of RX580 for a month already, from IngramMicro he said..
the promised price was good, but ... no card yet, a pity

back to the topic
I think 1070, which can jit 450-460 sol is the way to go
mine asus can do that on PL85 and I bought it for 385$
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
July 22, 2017, 03:44:35 AM

legendary
July 12, 2017, 01:44:04 PM

Pages:
Jump to: