Pages:
Author

Topic: best movie you have ever seen in your life - page 2. (Read 4709 times)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0
I can't wait to see The Life of Oharu sometime this week. It's one of Kenji Mizoguchi's masterpieces. I've been looking forward to it for months. It stars Kinuyo Tanaka. She gave great performances in:

Equinox Flower
The Ballad of Narayama
Ugetsu
Sansho the Bailiff

I also want to see her in:

Ornamental Hairpin
Red Beard

Well thanks to you too.  Nice to hear back as you are very nice and intelligent.  You made me smile... it is nice to know there's a few respectful and thoughtful people floating around on here!  Your movie selections were very unique to me.  I'll have to look into them  Cheesy
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
I can't wait to see The Life of Oharu sometime this week. It's one of Kenji Mizoguchi's masterpieces. I've been looking forward to it for months. It stars Kinuyo Tanaka. She gave great performances in:

Equinox Flower
The Ballad of Narayama
Ugetsu
Sansho the Bailiff

I also want to see her in:

Ornamental Hairpin
Red Beard
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
Gladiator
Shawshank Redemption
Last Samurai
A Beautiful Mind
Man On Fire
Pianist
Finding Nemo
LOTR 1 and 2
God Father 1 & 2
Scarface
Hotel Rwanda
The notebook
Fearless/Hero

Hindi
-----
Veer Zaara
Black
Khabi Khush Khabi Ghaam

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
The Big Lebowski (just fun to watch for some reason... many good scenes, but its just fun watching Jesus bowl and hearing a spanish version of hotel california - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6z0Zay9itk)

You said it man.  Nobody fucks with teh Jesus.

legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 2535
Goonies never say die.
Tough to narrow down... mostly old school, its tough to find good movies these days.
Surprised office space hasn't made it to the list yet, so I will start there!

Office Space
The Big Lebowski (just fun to watch for some reason... many good scenes, but its just fun watching Jesus bowl and hearing a spanish version of hotel california - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6z0Zay9itk)
Caddyshack
The Goonies (That's right, I like The Goonies!)
Old School
Shawshank Redemption
The Hangover
40 year old virgin
Rainman
The Wizard of Oz
Pulp Fiction
Idiocracy (because its happening!  Shocked)
Independance Day (because its going to happen!   Shocked)

Grand Torino.  Best I've recently seen.  I'm a big Clint Eastwood fan and this movie hit home for me.  It made me reflect on my relationship with my parents and how I never want to become someone who takes those we love for granted.  The ending when they go through his will was probably my favorite ending of any movie.  Kind of leaves a lump in ones throat.  So many of us think the world owes us something... not sure why... seems to be a generational thing though.  It's like the silver spoon of living in a first world country has messed with our moral compass in some way.  I know I'm being stereotypical and painting everyone with the same brush but that's just how I view, in general, most of society... I know there are many many great people out there but we all need to put ourselves in check sometimes.

Thank you so much for the thoughtful post, demonstrating your appreciation for the film, and an insightful take on how a film can be perceived and affect someone. You've also, indirectly, showed what components in a film, among perhaps others, speak to you.
Activity: 18
Grand Torino.  Best I've recently seen.  I'm a big Clint Eastwood fan and this movie hit home for me.  It made me reflect on my relationship with my parents and how I never want to become someone who takes those we love for granted.  The ending when they go through his will was probably my favorite ending of any movie.  Kind of leaves a lump in ones throat.  So many of us think the world owes us something... not sure why... seems to be a generational thing though.  It's like the silver spoon of living in a first world country has messed with our moral compass in some way.  I know I'm being stereotypical and painting everyone with the same brush but that's just how I view, in general, most of society... I know there are many many great people out there but we all need to put ourselves in check sometimes.
Martin Scorsese goes into some nice detail into the methods, time and expense of a full film restoration. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cjv755LkaIE
To many of you,

Some explanations, please.

Popping in and sniping off a name of a film doesn't really lend integrity or validity to one's choice. Try and demonstrate some cinematic knowledge, or at least show that this forum isn't mostly comprised of just a bunch of twelve year olds.

Posting a title and running is not really indicative of one who is interested in discourse on the subject.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Free World
DESPICABLE ME 2

bwahahahahaha
Activity: 924
The Deer Hunter

A little long (the wedding scene in particular), but a deeply moving movie.

Maybe they just have not seen very many movies?

My thoughts exactly. I try and introduce people to whole new genres and film canons in these threads.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Inception
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
terminator 1
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I like Benhur a lot
Activity: 13
The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
I keep reading phenomenal stuff about this film. I really want to see it now: https://vimeo.com/30090257
Pages:
Jump to: