Pages:
Author

Topic: best movie you have ever seen in your life - page 5. (Read 4709 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
I can't actually name a favorite movie. Can anyone here truthfully do that?

I can name movies I truly enjoy, or movies I think everyone should watch at least once. But I can't actually name a favorite movie.

I had this dilemma. Whenever someone asks a question like this, I generally just go with the first one that pops into my head but that's not very reliable.

Imagine that you're going to a desert island for the next five years, which has all the food you can eat, and a nice home theater with no satellite services, cable, etc. Just a Blu-ray player. Now, you can take 10 movies with you. I think such a question gets to the heart of the matter. What movies would you bring? In the end, it boils down to those movies which give you undiminished pleasure in watching over and over. Take a stab at.

I'd probably just take Cast Away and think about how hilarious I am for 5 years.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

I can name movies I truly enjoy, or movies I think everyone should watch at least once. But I can't actually name a favorite movie.

I had this dilemma. Whenever someone asks a question like this, I generally just go with the first one that pops into my head but that's not very reliable.

Imagine that you're going to a desert island for the next five years, which has all the food you can eat, and a nice home theater with no satellite services, cable, etc. Just a Blu-ray player. Now, you can take 10 movies with you. I think such a question gets to the heart of the matter. What movies would you bring? In the end, it boils down to those movies which give you undiminished pleasure in watching over and over. Take a stab at.

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye
I don't know if it is the best movie, but one of my favorites is "Black Hawk Down"
Define best:

1. Upon the film's first viewing, it trumped all other first viewings.

2. The film holds up to repeated viewings with undiminished pleasure more so than other films.
Probably Sneakers. Gotta love the good old hacker movies Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1540
I think the only one that's really stuck with me so far is District 9, some of the others were good and enjoyable but they all suffered from that over the top bullshit that most movies do.
Activity: 126
I don't remember most movies I saw in my life, but I remember some of them were really good...I remember Fear and Loathing and Las Vegas, Pink Floyd's The Wall, and recently I watched a nice movie by Tim Burton, "the big fish", and it was good.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1280
May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage
Harry Potter 2
Activity: 793
Merit: 1026
Club 59's "Girl Crush"
legendary
Activity: 2008
Merit: 1028
Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
The Godfather, scarface.

I love them <3
Activity: 68
Merit: 10

Its probably the movie that has had most effect on people, and hollywood still can sell these movies over and over on what ever new format comes out, lol.

But star wars 4-6 really was just 1 movie.
Pages:
Jump to: