Pages:
Author

Topic: Best online wallet - page 15. (Read 11144 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
June 12, 2016, 09:48:42 AM
I know there are a lot of wallets available.
This is why I want to know your opinion what is the best online Bitcoin wallet, in level of security, protection of our Bitcoins and availability of support.
i suggest coinbase, they have 2fa so getting hacked is pretty unlikely. the reason i dont like blockchain is because its too slow. i have to login everytime i want to check the balance. their app sucks. and coinbase has an amazing app.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
June 12, 2016, 09:47:42 AM
It is best to just avoid web wallets. Why do you need to use one? How about a desktop wallet, something in the lines of Electrum?

There is no other explanation but people being too lazy to download software, install it and learn how it works.

Hopefully in the future software gets more user friendly, but I mean using Electrum it's pretty damn easy already.

Bitcoin Core is better, but Electrum is several orders of magnitude better than using any online wallet.

I guess dealing with stuff on a web browser is attractive for newbies or something.
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1440
June 12, 2016, 09:44:21 AM
It is best to just avoid web wallets. Why do you need to use one? How about a desktop wallet, something in the lines of Electrum?

What about Multibit? Would you recommend it to newbies?
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
June 12, 2016, 08:44:43 AM
This is why I want to know your opinion what is the best online Bitcoin wallet, in level of security, protection of our Bitcoins and availability of support.

I choose blockchain.info for the best online bitcoin wallet. Because blockchain is my first bitcoin wallet and until now there is no problem to blockchain and there is a big update on their wallet though.
Activity: 938
Merit: 576
June 12, 2016, 08:42:11 AM
Thank you for your answers.
In your opinion, Xapo is enough secure to store Bitcoins?

wallets like Xapo, coinbase are good but there is a problem with them. you don't have access to your private keys so you don't control your bitcoins, they do.

this means in case they go under for any reason (bankrupts, fraud,...) you will lose all your money.

but wallets like blockchain.info are not like this because you have the private keys.

IMPORTANT: online (web) wallets are not secure because they are all susceptible to hack. try to use cold storage instead, if you have many bitcoins.
But for small amounts of Bitcoins, online wallets are good.
On http://www.blockchain.info, there are transaction fees?
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032
All I know is that I know nothing.
June 12, 2016, 08:36:37 AM

wallets like Xapo, coinbase are good but there is a problem with them. you don't have access to your private keys so you don't control your bitcoins, they do.

this means in case they go under for any reason (bankrupts, fraud,...) you will lose all your money.

but wallets like blockchain.info are not like this because you have the private keys.

IMPORTANT: online (web) wallets are not secure because they are all susceptible to hack. try to use cold storage instead, if you have many bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
June 12, 2016, 08:35:17 AM
June 12, 2016, 08:32:11 AM
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
June 12, 2016, 08:29:38 AM

Blockchain.info since they allow you to have access to your private keys (legacy wallet because new wallet don't allow that) and there is also 2FA which increase the security too.
I wouldn't recommend storing in exchanges like Coinbase or Bitstamp etc...
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
June 12, 2016, 08:28:52 AM

I suggest using a wallet from blockchain.info proven safety and many bitcoin users who use their services. Or you can choose here https://www.bitcoin.com/choose-your-wallet thank you
June 12, 2016, 08:26:46 AM
Pages:
Jump to: